Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.6: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Yes? No?
    Honestly, I think there're more important issues for WE to deal with. You may give the precise info of what you have in mind, ie the family tree how it should be, then it'd save his time and perhaps be implemented.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Honestly, I think there're more important issues for WE to deal with. You may give the precise info of what you have in mind, ie the family tree how it should be, then it'd save his time and perhaps be implemented.
    The family tree of the Byzantines itself I guess is more or less fine... Alexios just didn't have a son named Basil and around the starting date of the mod he was only a teenager...

Any news?

How is the KoJ OP? I find they're the opposite. They're usually crushed by the Ayyubids and their units kind of suck. They're easy to out maneuver with cavalry so even their top notch spearmen as quickly crushed. Their heavy cav is slow, so you can just cycle charge as usual.

Yemen on the other hand is pretty OP. They seem to steamroll everyone and their units have unusually high stats. They're one of the few factions which gave me alot of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Thanks guys. I will write a full response to your feedback shortly, 2.0 is near completion just got a few events and giving units to the bavanids in battle models to go.
    Also we want to know how the progress with Buff and Shine 2.0?

New Version is out. Can't change the title Chrome won't let me edit in advanced
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

New Version is out. Can't change the title Chrome won't let me edit in advanced
    This is Great! Thanks for all your hard work!
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.9: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Anybody else's game crash at the start? mine crashes when starting the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    Anybody else's game crash at the start? mine crashes when starting the mod.
    yes, me as well. Nothing in the error log. Last line is:

17:18:03.911 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

nothing prior that might explain it.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

I tried deleting and downloading it again but nothing happens. BC 2.4.2 by itself works fine and the previous version of this submod too.

That is very strange I'll try it on my laptop and see if I can replicate the issue. In the meantime could you try renaming/deleting the Broken Crescent folder and doing a clean install of both Buff and Shine without Broken Crescent? Please let me know if that works any better.
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Mod does not work. Mine crashes when starting the mod. I installed it correctly. My log. https://www.easypaste.org/file/aOu6m...gs.rar?lang=pl

I have played in previous versions and there were no installation problems.

I tried deleting everything related to BC. I installed BC 2.4.2 and extracted this 1.9 patch to it. The game still crashes. I changed the names but it doesn't do anything.

That is very strange I'll try it on my laptop and see if I can replicate the issue. In the meantime could you try renaming/deleting the Broken Crescent folder and doing a clean install of both Buff and Shine without Broken Crescent? Please let me know if that works any better.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    I tried deleting everything related to BC. I installed BC 2.4.2 and extracted this 1.9 patch to it. The game still crashes. I changed the names but it doesn't do anything.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear and I clarify this on the initial post.

Buff and Shine 1.9 is STANDALONE if it is installed onto BC 2.4.2 it will crash. In order for it to work without crashing it must be installed into a file without any BC files.
    So to install:
    1. Go to your MTW2 mods folder and remove/rename your BC 2.4.2 folder. If you do not do this Buff and Shine will crash.
    2. Download and install all parts of Buff and Shine 1.9 into the MTW2 mod folder. All BC 2.4.2 files are included in BS 1.9
    3. Start up the mod.

I just installed and was able to play it on a clean install of MTW2. So if you guys are having a CTD at launch still after trying the above I'll assume the files I've uploaded are corrupted and need a reupload.

Mod still not working. Reupload it1s necessary in my opinion. Thanks for 1.9 version.

redownloaded it and did what you said it works good ! still some units no cards but no crash i like new faction interesting.

thx

Well that's two very different statements. God damn. Has anyone else had any luck? My internet is terribly slow so if I have to re-upload everything it will take sometime.

Thanks Hegemon, I'm glad you liked it if possible could you please tell me specifically what bugs or missing things you have found?

Sorry, I wasn't clear and I clarify this on the initial post.

Buff and Shine 1.9 is STANDALONE if it is installed onto BC 2.4.2 it will crash. In order for it to work without crashing it must be installed into a file without any BC files.
    So to install:
    1. Go to your MTW2 mods folder and remove/rename your BC 2.4.2 folder. If you do not do this Buff and Shine will crash.
    2. Download and install all parts of Buff and Shine 1.9 into the MTW2 mod folder. All BC 2.4.2 files are included in BS 1.9
    3. Start up the mod.

I just installed and was able to play it on a clean install of MTW2. So if you guys are having a CTD at launch still after trying the above I'll assume the files I've uploaded are corrupted and need a reupload.
    I followed your instruction but no luck. I re downloaded Buff and Shine after deleting all contents related to BC. The folder name was BC 2.4.2, I tried to run it, unfortunately it crashed. Then i changed the name to Buff and shine, it launched the vanilla not the mod.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

I have the same issue
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Mod still no working. My log: https://www.easypaste.org/file/XjlOn...gs.rar?lang=pl

Maybe upload not standalone version? Only Your submod for clean BC 2.4.2 ?