Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.6: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

A couple of suggestions:
    1. What about splitting KOJ into two - KOJ and the Principality of Antioch? KOJ is overpowered. This may add a little spices to this area.
    2. What about adding the Papal States back in? This would represent all of Europe, but mostly the Kingdom of Sicily and the Italian States. All of these groups did a lot of attacking/raiding into Egypt, Greece and Anatolia. It you played as Byzantium or Ayyubids, they'd be someone to watch out for, that you couldn't attack (because Papal States respawns). It realize this could be a little problematic, and require testing, but worth bringing up.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    A couple of suggestions:
    1. What about splitting KOJ into two - KOJ and the Principality of Antioch? KOJ is overpowered. This may add a little spices to this area.
    2. What about adding the Papal States back in? This would represent all of Europe, but mostly the Kingdom of Sicily and the Italian States. All of these groups did a lot of attacking/raiding into Egypt, Greece and Anatolia. It you played as Byzantium or Ayyubids, they'd be someone to watch out for, that you couldn't attack (because Papal States respawns). It realize this could be a little problematic, and require testing, but worth bringing up.
    Excuse me for this entry but I want to say that my suggestions tackled minor bug-fixing and issues which don't require much work.
    I think that such splitting KoJ or taking back Papal States is a big task which is not necessary at the moment (even if two crusader states would be good). The BC/B&S is already very, very rich in factions, units, music, scripts etc. I think this part of the mod is more than good. However, I've got doubts about the gameplay and the CAI, diplomacy, BAI qualities or the trait system. I'd prefer spending modding time-resources of Weekend General on improving thses issues - like analyses of the money-unit_cost-unit_refilling_rates, economy performance, public order considerations, BAI, CAI.

Laetus

how can i change a religion of an faction ?

any news regarding the next update?

Hey the Uyunids faction is still too much overpowered and you can't defeat them since they multiplys like rabbits ... what the hell?? and they advance pretty quick!! Please can you look into that, it should be challenging to play as them not that easy ... Thank you so much again

Great sub-mod to a great mod.

Good work!

Can I have this sub-mod without the complicated traits?

I have been unable to find and recruit the Khurasanni Heavy Spearmen in my Ghaznavid campaign.
    Am i just missing something or is it intentional?

Okay, for some reason all my gameplay saves get corrupted after a while, in every campaign. Not one save, but like 5 of the manual saves! WTF is the deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Okay, for some reason all my gameplay saves get corrupted after a while, in every campaign. Not one save, but like 5 of the manual saves! WTF is the deal with that?
    I've played a couple of games, I've made hundreds of saves, but I've never experienced a corrupted save in BC. But these things happen in the M2TW, I've experienced it in the EBII.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Will the family trees be a little more accurate per chance? Noticed that Alexios II Komnenos, the son of Manuel Komnenos has a random son named Basil sitting in Anatolia with a rather large army haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've played a couple of games, I've made hundreds of saves, but I've never experienced a corrupted save in BC. But these things happen in the M2TW, I've experienced it in the EBII.
    Actually it never ever happened to me before bc, and I played thousands and thousands of hours of mtw2 mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorafrica View Post
    Hey the Uyunids faction is still too much overpowered and you can't defeat them since they multiplys like rabbits ... what the hell?? and they advance pretty quick!! Please can you look into that, it should be challenging to play as them not that easy ... Thank you so much again
    They of course can be defeated, just get boats and sack their triangle while they try to attack. In my opinion they are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Actually it never ever happened to me before bc, and I played thousands and thousands of hours of mtw2 mods.
    It happened me once in BC with this submod, also happened with SSHIP. I have a feeling it occurs when game registers many inputs while saving, not sure tho.

On the other side, this mod amazing. BUT I feel CAI could be a little bit altered, AI will never punish you for having cities unguarded/1 unit and always attacks you with army a little bit stronger than yours army inside a city/in a stack, so you can create one stronghold with army accessing the biggest perimeter and practically never lose. With toggle_fow on, it is visible that AI keeps rest of its army unused in their lands. Also AI should more aggresively reclaim their territories and be willing to take longer routes if available doing so. Identically, I feel AI should defend their cities/crucial territories better.
    Another thing that irritates me that it is possible to enter alliance as KoJ with Ayuubids in the first round.

Some other work ideas from my perspective:
    - splitting KoJ to Principality of Antioch and KoJ
    - if it is a plan to add new factions, certainly lands of Persia feel dull to play
    - some units do not represent quality of their cost, those horse Archers with 5/5 stats and RB in their icon are very unsatisfying compared to how good basic spearmen around 800 are
    - I feel it is very easy to keep public order and I do not know if cutting Priest limits enhaces gameplay
    - extremely hard to get vassals - played as Zengids and conquered all of Armenia except Vahka, offered them to become vassals with me giving them back 3 of their cities and some money, still refused
    - blacksmiths accesible in castles

That is all I can think of. I understand it is a lot of work and we are very grateful for you doing so, CAI is currently the weakest point of this submod and needs attention before everything else imo, excited about a possibility about new version covering that. Hope it did not sound as a critique, because this is currently my favourite mod combination and I love you.
    Any news or expectations about new version? I know I shouldn't ask for a date, but cannot wait to test it. Keep it up!

Forgot about some cities, eg. Constantinople should have more residents to resemble the historical scale. Also, why is Sibylla (KoJ) dead when campaign starts (maybe some lineage tree tweaks)? More elegant way would be to make her infertile or make a child Baldwin V. Kingdom of Alania/Ethiopeia would make top/bottom of the map more fun to play. I would also lower chances for generals getting "usurpery" traits, it can be annoying while covering a huge kingdom.

Sorry for doublepost, cannot edit for some way in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by N2D View Post
    I feel CAI could be a little bit altered, AI will never punish you for having cities unguarded/1 unit and always attacks you with army a little bit stronger than yours army inside a city/in a stack, so you can create one stronghold with army accessing the biggest perimeter and practically never lose. With toggle_fow on, it is visible that AI keeps rest of its army unused in their lands. Also AI should more aggresively reclaim their territories and be willing to take longer routes if available doing so. Identically, I feel AI should defend their cities/crucial territories better.

- some units do not represent quality of their cost, those horse Archers with 5/5 stats and RB in their icon are very unsatisfying compared to how good basic spearmen around 800 are
    - I feel it is very easy to keep public order and I do not know if cutting Priest limits enhaces gameplay

CAI is currently the weakest point of this submod and needs attention before everything else imo
    I subscribe to almost all of these opinions:
    - CAI is both wimpy and stupid. It's perhaps difficult to fix the stupidity but it can be made more aggressive for sure.
    - units are not well differentiated as far as their prices are concerned. There're inconsitencies as those RB HA (or Georgian HA), but the main issue for me are the little price differences between crapy units and good or elite units. With recruitment re-filling fast there's no barrier on this side for neither, so the rational choice is always to go for the good/elite ones what results in the all-elite armies.
    - public order is absolutely too easy to keep. No effort required. I'd like to have much more (and I find the SSHIP levels and mechanisms best, to be frank).
    - I have nothing against cutting the Priests limits but it doesn't matter - you may have province with different religion and keeping the orders is still piece of cake.

Again - I think that the mod is marvellous and deserves fixing the gameplay issues, not introducing new factions or new units.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 11, 2017 at 08:17 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Thanks guys. I will write a full response to your feedback shortly, 2.0 is near completion just got a few events and giving units to the bavanids in battle models to go.
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Super news. I'm a fan of your submode. But what some bugs needed repair. I hope 2.0 will be stable. What is new?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I subscribe to almost all of these opinions:
    - CAI is both wimpy and stupid. It's perhaps difficult to fix the stupidity but it can be made more aggressive for sure.
    - units are not well differentiated as far as their prices are concerned. There're inconsitencies as those RB HA (or Georgian HA), but the main issue for me are the little price differences between crapy units and good or elite units. With recruitment re-filling fast there's no barrier on this side for neither, so the rational choice is always to go for the good/elite ones what results in the all-elite armies.
    - public order is absolutely too easy to keep. No effort required. I'd like to have much more (and I find the SSHIP levels and mechanisms best, to be frank).
    - I have nothing against cutting the Priests limits but it doesn't matter - you may have province with different religion and keeping the orders is still piece of cake.

Again - I think that the mod is marvellous and deserves fixing the gameplay issues, not introducing new factions or new units.
    In the first Post, Weekend General say's he's implemented both ReallyBadAI, and Skynet. I believe those are the most in depth and advanced BAI and CAI mods out there. Are there advances/tweaks on them?

Whole heatedly agree on public order. It should be tough to hold a city initially, at least for the player.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    In the first Post, Weekend General say's he's implemented both ReallyBadAI, and Skynet. I believe those are the most in depth and advanced BAI and CAI mods out there. Are there advances/tweaks on them?
    My impression from playing 3 campaigns with the BC is that the CAI way, way less aggressive then in the SS (or SSHIP). In diplomacy striking deals is very easy and the AI doesn't backstab you. I think each mod needs tweaks for the AI to adjust to the local conditions (eg. religions, distances) etc. Then much of experimentation is needed.

@WekeendGeneral
    What are your plans on the merchants? I've commented on them in my long entry in this thread, but I've had more thoughts in the SSHIP context. It might be useful for you to have a look at my take on them, and also on the proposal how to fix them in the SSHIP (I'd say similar things for the BC as well).

Besides - the Broken Crescent - Buff and Shine is still the only M2TW medieval mod I'd like to play (besides the SSHIP and the Titanium). Thanks for your work, I keep my fingers crossed for your!
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 18, 2017 at 02:03 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Will the family trees be a little more accurate per chance? Noticed that Alexios II Komnenos, the son of Manuel Komnenos has a random son named Basil sitting in Anatolia with a rather large army haha
    Yes? No?