Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.2: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

If possible could you name the exact indian cities that are causing the crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Hello!! small report:

I noticed that the general in the battle when I play as Faris has a wrong skin.

just to let you know
    Thanks, I'll try and have this and others fixed with a mini patch Wednesday.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

don't worry, whenever you have time.

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.3: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

1.3 is up. No major changes attempts to address some of the bugs. Also implemented some of the balancing suggestions some of you pm about.https://www.mediafire.com/?gl7yhpmrgg7sdx5

Cool, I sent you a pm

WeekendGeneral, there is something wrong with the horse models used for the Khara-Khitans, the Mongols, and some Khwarzemian Cataphract cavalry: they use an IDENTICAL silver and pink mix armored horse model. The Khara-Khitans and the Mongols both are supposed to use a very distinct BROWN shaded cataphract horse model, as seen in the Khara-Khitan preview. Did you replace the Mongol or Khitan horse model with a silver and pink one?

Unfortunately my first victim, a Zenghid General had no name in Hamat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    WeekendGeneral, there is something wrong with the horse models used for the Khara-Khitans, the Mongols, and some Khwarzemian Cataphract cavalry: they use an IDENTICAL silver and pink mix armored horse model. The Khara-Khitans and the Mongols both are supposed to use a very distinct BROWN shaded cataphract horse model, as seen in the Khara-Khitan preview. Did you replace the Mongol or Khitan horse model with a silver and pink one?
    To my knowledge we haven't changed the models could you please upload a picture of what you mean and I'll attempt to fix it. Or the names of the affected units. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Looking into it I don't think the models shown in the preview were actually implemented into the game. This may have been a result of Byzantineboy working virtually by himself for a solid stretch towards the end. Can you can confirm that they appear in Vanilla BC 2.42?

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralV View Post
    Unfortunately my first victim, a Zenghid General had no name in Hamat.
    Thanks admiral will be fixed in next update.

Hey WeekendGeneral, thanks for replying. I actually did a little modding myself and figured out the solution. The model (brown scaled cataphract with leopard skin saddle) of the mount is already there, but it was never utilized! The export descr unit sections for all those eastern (meaning past Khwarzemia to China) heavy horse units use the line "bc full cat" for their mounts, when they should be using "mount mongol kat". For confirmation, one can view descr mounts and find that very mount name listed. I just inputted that instead of those silver-pink armored horse models and presto: the mounts now have the same color as displayed in the unit cards! Warriors affected by my tweaks would be all the Mongol heavy horse, the Khitan Mounted Noblemen (both ranged and lancers), and the Tarim Nobles. Lastly Weekend General, what is the difficulty setting for both campaign and battle with which you would strongly recommend?

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I have encountered some silver surfer units without textures! Playing as Khwarezmians, I fought a campaign map battle against the Salghurids, and they had three units that looked like ghost/silver men without textures:

1. Iranian archers
    2. Afghan tribesmen
    3. Turkomen raiders

I don't know if this applies to all factions, or just the new faction. I can see that the unit card shows them correctly on the campaign map, but in battles the actual men are silver/ghost coloured. Is there a fix available for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I have encountered some silver surfer units without textures! Playing as Khwarezmians, I fought a campaign map battle against the Salghurids, and they had three units that looked like ghost/silver men without textures:

1. Iranian archers
    2. Afghan tribesmen
    3. Turkomen raiders

I don't know if this applies to all factions, or just the new faction. I can see that the unit card shows them correctly on the campaign map, but in battles the actual men are silver/ghost coloured. Is there a fix available for this?
    https://www.mediafire.com/?xs50dv86pi8hb6v

This hotfix should fix all problems.
    Last edited by WeekendGeneral; February 24, 2017 at 11:51 PM.

Uploaded your suggestion!

The difficulty depends really on what you want. If you want a real challenge play very hard however if you want to get to grips with the changes that I have made and perhaps try one of the smaller factions than a medium campaign should also be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Araven View Post
    yes, i got CTD too after applied the hotfix above. I just clicked on Quick Battle when in game.

I played on a 1.3 from post No. 1 without Hotfix for textures from post No. 273.

I placed this hotfix but I did not play yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    I placed this hotfix but I did not play yet!
    Can you fix it then please?

placed I mean in my pc, I am a fan too!