Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Bavandid start with a Sunni heir while it's religion is Shia. What happened should he inherit? I know if i pick persecute his loyalty set to 0 because his beliefs are persecuted

I have only play Abbasid extensively so i don't kbow if there is Mamluk rebellion

Okay who thought making a secret shiite belief traits is a good idea? My entire family and general has become shiite that might as well just make my faction shia islam.

Campidoctor

This looks great. Say, the last time I played Vanilla BC a couple of years ago, my Byzantine run got interrupted by a CTD related to the Fourth Crusade. Something went wrong which caused my game to crash constantly at the end of the turn in 1203 or 1204, I don't remember. Does Buff & Shine fix whatever is wrong with the Fourth Crusade script? I was really enjoying my playthrough before that, and I'm unwilling to invest that much time and energy into the campaign if it will just get arbitrarily interrupted again. Thanks.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have got through the fourth crusade without a problem, so I would say yes

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantineCaesar View Post
    This looks great. Say, the last time I played Vanilla BC a couple of years ago, my Byzantine run got interrupted by a CTD related to the Fourth Crusade. Something went wrong which caused my game to crash constantly at the end of the turn in 1203 or 1204, I don't remember. Does Buff & Shine fix whatever is wrong with the Fourth Crusade script? I was really enjoying my playthrough before that, and I'm unwilling to invest that much time and energy into the campaign if it will just get arbitrarily interrupted again. Thanks.
    I haven't had any CTDs for a fair stretch and in general the sub mod is stable if you find anything wonky or missing please let me know and I'll try and fix it.
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Campidoctor

Thank you, I'm eager to give it a try! This mod is standalone, correct?

Will you guys incorporate the Unit Model Improvement Project by Dolen?

Can you please make some various regional mid tier Islamic units available to all Muslim factions or at least the Abbasids? For example the Khurasani soldiers and Persian infantry.

Earlier I was playing a game as the Abbasids and I had restored control of Jibal (Qazwin, Kermanshah, and Rayy) then I needed to transfer troops to the western front. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use some new Persian troops, but all I could recruit was the Afghani tribesman skirmishers, levy archers and the Dhiqans, which was really immersion breaking. I really want to use some of the Khurasani and Persian heavy infantry and spearmen.

Historically speaking most of the dynasties who ruled Persia usually used Persian troops not just tribal levies. I think they would fit good as regional troops.

Other units which I would also add is the Askeri and Arab infantry and archers which are available to the Omanis, Zengids and Ayyubids. It's feasible that the Abbasids would use them as well, and also the Maghriba troops which the Ayyubids and Omanis can recruit. The Magharibah were originally a core part of the Abbasid army as well.

BesoC's Avatar Libertus

Can anybody please upload the latest version to some free file hosting? 4.05 GB exceeds free transfer quota on Mega

EDIT: Nevermind, downloaded
    Last edited by BesoC; July 25, 2023 at 12:36 PM.

Hmm, Adhath Spearmen and Archers should be recruitable in the Iraqi Cities. Afghan Troops should be concentrated in Khorasan and Pashtunistan unless you consider them as part of Greater Iran. Movement distances need to be tweaked so the Ghurids can actually move their armies to engage and AI needs to be more aggressive in breaking sieges, and actually adhere to a budget without spamming unlimited soldiers.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

I played a bit as Kingdom of Jerusalem, great work

here some screens I made of Zengid new units I came accross

edit: Antioch walls have a problem of textures

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Great work people! This is the definitive masochist medieval experience!
    I just want to comment on one specific building or better said its lacking and that's a population growth building. Tsardoms have horse mill, SS have Well but Buff and Shine have none! I mean I know that playing with Volga Bulgaria I will naver have metropoliss with average growth of 0,5 percent and it wont make much difference adding 1% but still at least lie to me that I have chance to upgrade some of the towns I have.
    Beside that the mod is awesome! After many attempts I fanally learned how to balance religion. The mongols are soon to arrive and the map is still full of rebels which I think it's okey because this time period was so decentralised and chaotic.
    Also there is issue with Volga Bulgar unit with missing name which should be addressed.

Hello

I believe there is a bug wherein the game crashes when you click on too many factions on the campaign selection screen

Hi, that's a problem with all medieval 2 mods. Just refrain from clicking all of them

@2Shy I have to say after reading your post made me want to load up my saved Roman campaign, it was going really well if a little "dangerous" for me
    The Mongols have arrived, a Crusading army had turned up in Armenia, the Zengids were making an Elvis style come back...it's all chaos

Hey all, quick question. I noticed on the readme guide included with the mod that the recommended difficulty is VH/VH. My question is does the AI Cheat in this scenario? I like playing campaigns where things seem a little fair and from what I know on VH/VH the battle and campaign AI are buffed extensively. Has this changed at all with this mod or is perfectly ok to play with Hard (Campaign)/ Normal (Battles) like I usually do? Just want to find out which difficulty the mod was tuned for.

@g23 I personally play everything on Vh/h otherwise it's like you suggested it just the AI just gets all sorts of boosts which alter things like moralle, which changes how the mod intended. It ruins thing to me

@Antiokhos Euergetes Hi man! I'm glad that I have urged you to the old Medieval 2. The truth is I stoped playing the game for a long years and moved to the new titles, but right now I see a lot of the good points in this beautiful game and I'm also back for some quick rounds!
    Also it turns out I had downloaded an older version which is way harder (I think 2.2) - I mean on VH the computer spams full stacks and you can't hold control of a town if your religion is not at least 50% plus staggering amount of upkeep for units.
    For the new players- if you choose VH battle difficulty id doesn't matter how easy is the battle- you WILL have to play it manually of you don't want to loose either the battle or 2/3 of your men.
    If you want harder difficulty I suggest to play harder factions. I'm playing Ghaznavids and it's hard pressure from everywhere.

Hi All, Mega is being a bit temperamental for me at the moment so I have uploaded the newest patch BCBUFF 2.5 on Moddb if you'd like to grab it. https://www.moddb.com/mods/buff-and-shine-broken-crescent-22

Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Hi mate! Thank you for giving us the best mod for M2TW out there!

But since we are on the topic there is missing name for a unit in the Volga Bulgaria roster.