Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 2.2: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

hey, the Gilaks of the Bavandids still are using the wrong attachment sets, also their elite infantry seem to be using the wrong model, their unit card and info picture both hint to an axe wielding unit but they are using a sword and don't look like anything in their pictures, also the Paygans are using spears instead of the axes in their pictures, if the axe model still exists maybe we could get both?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsman of Ghor View Post
    Ansar warriors of Oman cost over 19k
    export_descr_unit.txt
    Oof, nice find. This is the problem when you do things by yourself haphazardly over the years.
    Attached a quick change

Quote Originally Posted by Redbad of the Frisians View Post
    hey, the Gilaks of the Bavandids still are using the wrong attachment sets, also their elite infantry seem to be using the wrong model, their unit card and info picture both hint to an axe wielding unit but they are using a sword and don't look like anything in their pictures, also the Paygans are using spears instead of the axes in their pictures, if the axe model still exists maybe we could get both?
    Yes I know, I can't be arsed modelling or playing around with that at present.
    If you would like to have a crack or share better UI cards for the units I will give you full credits for them and incorporate them into the mod.
    Apologies
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 04, 2023 at 11:45 PM. Reason: posts merged
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Why aznauri nobles are not in Georgian roster? They are recruitable only in campaign in Islamic castles [IMG]Aznauri Nobles[/IMG] https://skr.sh/sHKtKNNITJT?a
    Last edited by Tarsman of Ghor; December 10, 2022 at 07:33 AM.

BesoC's Avatar Libertus

Icon6 Re: Buff and Shine 2.0: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Hi All, Released a 2.2 Buff and Shine update with some small changes, patches and updates

Link: https://mega.nz/file/ly4UkACa#U8rx43...AZOPkWDlV6zb00
    WOW!!
    Thanks a ton mate. You made my day, no - my week, no - my month !!
    Last edited by BesoC; December 19, 2022 at 04:19 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Tarsman of Ghor

Georgian roster and units do not correspond to historical reality. There are many anachronisms. 17th-18th century armor and weapons in the 11th-12th century. Unfortunately no one could fix it.However, the medieval Georgian kingdom was an original and good power

I made a video guide about how to play custom *SIEGE* battles in Broken Crescent in case if someone didnt know that it is possiple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwfVxJTAmHs
    Last edited by Tarsman of Ghor; December 25, 2022 at 06:11 PM.

I have played this mod plenty of times, but I am playing it for the first time with the Ildegizids, and for some reason after a certain turn, this keeps happening:

Always at the end of the turn, Ildegizids are at war with several factions. I do not understand why, there is absolutely no message about a script or anything, just no matter what I do, the game decides I am at war with them. What in the hell is going on? I have never seen this in any mod! It is really annoying, that the game won't let me play the damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I have played this mod plenty of times, but I am playing it for the first time with the Ildegizids, and for some reason after a certain turn, this keeps happening:

Always at the end of the turn, Ildegizids are at war with several factions. I do not understand why, there is absolutely no message about a script or anything, just no matter what I do, the game decides I am at war with them. What in the hell is going on? I have never seen this in any mod! It is really annoying, that the game won't let me play the damn game.
    That's really odd, there is no script that is creating this nor can I recreate what you are experiencing playing to turn 5. I did have two other factions declare war on me including Georgia which you start at war with but that only occured 3/10 runs i attempted.
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Buff and Shine 2.3: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Salut I have crash during loading screen. Log says [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/BCBuff/preferences/player.txt
    I have no issues in older version (cca year 2020)
    Any ideas for solution?

Quote Originally Posted by pxfofo View Post
    Salut I have crash during loading screen. Log says [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/BCBuff/preferences/player.txt
    I have no issues in older version (cca year 2020)
    Any ideas for solution?
    It sounds like you are missing the player text file in your vanilla MTW2 folder. In your Medieval II Total War\preferences folder is there a text file called player.txt? If not just create a blank text file called player and save it that will probably work.
    If that doesn't work go to BCBuff/preferences and create a player.txt file there.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Tarsman of Ghor

Georgian roster and units do not correspond to historical reality. There are many anachronisms. 17th-18th century armor and weapons in the 11th-12th century. Unfortunately no one could fix it.However, the medieval Georgian kingdom was an original and good power
    Totally unsurprising, if you can model and create a roster of units I'd be very happy to incorporate them into this mod and give you full credit. If you can't there are to options we can keep them how they are or we can remove the Georgian faction all together if you feel the anachronisms are to offensive to the historical record. There are Alani models that are unused and replacing Georgia all together with the Alani Kingdom could be a better replacement?
    Personally, I'd prefer the lazy option of keeping Georgia in with the current models and letting the anachronisms slide but I can be convinced otherwise.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 28, 2023 at 09:48 AM. Reason: posts merged

I wonder how to judge the success rate of auto battle.
    I have modded the rebel settlement with 20 groups param elephant archers which each unit contains 90 people and 30 elephants.But one mixture of Oman army always can defeat them and ocuppy the settlement.
    Last edited by tw_myhome; February 17, 2023 at 12:01 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I've had the strangest bug, I can't recruit or select any building, unless I save leave and restart every other turn. Anyone experienced this?
    Perhaps I need to reinstall, I have not played in ages.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I've had the strangest bug, I can't recruit or select any building, unless I save leave and restart every other turn. Anyone experienced this?
    Perhaps I need to reinstall, I have not played in ages.
    Thank you
    Did you turn on the Governor Script?
    That sounds like the Governor Script in action, if you enable it and do not have a governor in the settlement for a full turn you can not recruit and build anything in that settlement.

what an idiot, yes that will be that.
    Thank you

Thank you WeekendGeneral for the new 2.4 version. Just saw it on ModDb, downloading now.

Default Re: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Double edit : How do you play tolerance? Public order penalty from religious unrest is way too great so i always pick religious persecution for more stability

Reputation are strangely very difficult to increase here. Most of ai expanding faction would become treacharous reputation overtime meanwhile occupy country and ally didn't seems to increase reputation.

Are reputation only decrease now?

Edit: Releasing prisoner remain a reliable option for reputation farming
    Last edited by eyelurker; March 11, 2023 at 01:17 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

WeekendGeneral

Kingdom of Georgia to stay in the game
    I can't model. Georgian units are being created in Steinle's steel
    Cooperation is possible

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Double edit : How do you play tolerance? Public order penalty from religious unrest is way too great so i always pick religious persecution for more stability
    beside, it's also debatable if more tolerance leads to less or more public order. I'd say that tolerance is intoduce to appease the local populations, and it should lead to better public order, with perhaps less loyalty from generals and some other penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    beside, it's also debatable if more tolerance leads to less or more public order. I'd say that tolerance is intoduce to appease the local populations, and it should lead to better public order, with perhaps less loyalty from generals and some other penalties
    There are traits that increase trade income and unrest reduction for being tolerant but religious unrest can as high as 110% that i see no reason why i shouldn't persecute them instead.

Just a personal opinion but I think they should be another more 'rebel' independent turkmen stacks or independent beyliks roaming around. Plus as much as I hate it I have not had any problems with my Roman generals revolting, I'm a hundred turns in.
    Edit: not that I'm complaining, I'm having a fantastic campaign fun, challenging and historic, everything I need.
    Is there a Mamluk rebellion?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; March 11, 2023 at 11:21 PM.