Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Icon3 Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Hi Everyone! Buff and Shine 2.4 is out with no major additions but addresses many of the annoying bugs from the previous versions.

Buff and Shine 2.4 it has released.
    Changelog from previous versions:
    * Overhaul of the Battle AI, more aggressive in field battles while also remaining cautious.
    * Improvement in Siege Defence, Battle AI better prioritises defence stages.
    * Rebel AI is now more active and will reinforce and defend their settlements if they have armies nearby.
    * Implementation of Victory Condition Maps for all factions - no longer do you need to guess victory condition locations.
    * Extensive bug fixing for buildings, traits, scripts, and units - Thanks to the community for finding them.
    * Turns are faster
    * Improvement in Localisation
    * Much, much more.
    Download here:
    https://mega.nz/file/Br51wDpb#rvD6xS...gHeLG8og8rlEis

If you are getting crashes, it can be helpful to install the 4gb patch. If you don’t know what this is the 4 GB patch for the Medieval 2 executable will make the game run that much smoother and will likely address any crashes you may experience. Read more here: Ntcore.com
    https://imgur.com/JXikdel

What is Buff and Shine?
    Buff and Shine is an overhaul submod for Broken Crescent originally intended to address many of the bugs, missing features and incomplete design decisions seen in vanilla BC that quickly morphed into its own thing.

Improvements in UI:
    · The Menu has been overhauled, allowing full faction selection (all factions except Rebels and Mongols) for the grand campaign without causing a crash.
    · New portraits which add many new culture-specific portraits for some extra flavour.
    · All missing unit and building portraits have been added (if you find any please let me know!) many of which had none integrated in the past.

Text overhaul:
    · All text descriptions for units, events and buildings have been overhauled as many contained spelling and grammatical errors or lacked any descriptions at all.

Balancing:
    · A focus on the historical immersion and the overall variety both in the campaign and in battles.
    · I’ve overhauled the unit stats. Many units hadn't been adapted from previous builds, making some rosters weaker and far less effective in battles and the campaign. These changes at first will seem minimal, but you will dramatically notice their effect for the better over the course of a campaign.
    · A huge range of tweaks for battles, campaigns and many other things.

New Traits and Ancillaries
    · Added 50+ new traits that add flavour, RPG aspects and cool game-play elements.
    · Reworked the title system to be dynamic and effective. Examples include: conquering enough land as a Hindu faction and pushing the Muslims back past the Indus, and you may be declared a Maharaja, or perhaps as Rome, you lose Constantinople be prepared to be stripped of your title of emperor and face rebellions or even civil war.
    · New ancillaries have been implemented. Enhancing game-play elements and additional RPG flavour.
    · Introduction of a trophy system if you defeat a different culture group decisively, you will receive a trophy from them that gives unique benefits. A crusader shield, for example, will give you extra command and troop morale, whilst a Turkic bow will give you greater skill in ambushes and authority.
    · Generals with a dread rating can raid and pillage enemy territory for financial gain but at the cost of reduced movement and range of sight penalty.

New Factions:
    · 3 New Factions to battle against with a priority to fill boring or dull regions whilst remaining historically inspired.
    · The Salghurids Atabegs based in Fars came to dominate much of the Gulf and southern Iran.
    · The Principality of Kyiv is a mere shadow of the once great Kievan Rus state with the right leadership. Perhaps greatness could be great once more.
    · The Bavanids – a Shiite state surrounded by enemies will you be able to lead them to greatness?
    · Kerman Seljuks have been reworked to fulfil the role of the Seljuks of Iraq, like what they were in BC 2.3.

Historical Battles
    · Five Historical Battles
    · More historically inspired than accurate, they are all well-balanced and work in multiplayer if that is your thing.

Buildings
    · A new recruitment system. No longer build Barracks / Stables / Ranges for units; instead, one building is responsible for all faction-specific units whilst levy, and AOR troops now have their own building trees.
    · As an extension of the feudal system, recruiting troops outside of home regions is now possible. However, they arrive at a far slower rate. As a result of this, recruitment is not instantaneous. You must develop your faction's cultural infrastructure after every conquest. It is a middle ground between BC and Vanilla MTW2.
    · New buildings, for the economy, infrastructure, and warfare.
    · Streamlined the building tree. All buildings now do something. No longer are their useless buildings.
    · Inclusion of new cultural buildings and wonders.

Mongol Overhaul
    · The Mongols have been overhauled compared to 2.4.2 Broken Crescent. No longer will they rush you with unlimited free instantly produced units. The Mongols are still a realistic threat, but they are a fun threat. Now they come in waves over a period of around 20 turns. After each new region of conquest, they gain the ability to raise new powerful armies.
    · Their recruitment has been revised in several ways. Their production times have been increased, and their recruitment of elite troops has been. Thus, making them far more balanced when compared to other factions. In compensation, they can now also produce auxiliary AOR troops. Whereas previously they were given unlimited money and instant production.

AI Overhaul
    · An AI Synthesized and Inspired by XAI and Ultimate AI that has resulted in aggressive yet cautious Battle AI that is a lot of fun to fight in sieges and has become an interesting opponent in the campaign.
    · Introduced faction specific formations for varied combat encounters.
    · Diplomacy has been improved, bribing is more likely, and agents are used more effectively by both players and AI alike.
    · Elephants are less likely to stall sieges (at least in India).
    · Rebel or Slave faction has become more dynamic and will actively move armies to defend their cities.
    · New Religious Systems
    · Implemented and Expanded Byzantineboy’s Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis.
    · Religion is of greater relevance than the vanilla experience. Differing faiths can cause more significant turmoil in each region; however, there is also the option of evoking religious tolerance. Which allows a ruler to construct edicts of religious tolerance that increase trade and collect a poll tax upon religious minorities in the region. Its cost is that it halts religious conversion of the faction's faith in that province, and it is a source of unhappiness for the more zealous of the true faith population. Choosing to oppose tolerance removes the edict of tolerance across the Realm, but it does give a flat increase to the true faith. This choice occurs upon the crowing of each new faction leader.

Optional Scripts for an Even Greater Challenge
    · Can you win a campaign where a governor is required in a settlement to build anything? How about a campaign where siege buildpoints matter? If your general hasn’t had the right education or hasn’t brought a host of troops along with him he might never build a single ram or ladder? If that’s not your fancy how about implementing rebellion mechanics now when you ruler’s authority starts to slip its more than an annoyance but a real threat of something far worse. Don’t want to include any of them? Totally fair their all optional at the start of a campaign.
    · 20+ Optional New events will provide new challenges, including the Trebizond Empire emerging, The Conversion of The Sindh, Dynamic Jihad and Crusades and many more.

Credits
    Mod assets/ideas that were integrated into this mod in no particular order:
    · The Vanilla Broken Crescent Team
    · Rolling_Wave's HUB.
    · MIKE GOLF Broken Crescent Portrait Mod.
    · Prince of Judah's Tiny Balance Mod.
    · Blood, Broads, & Bastards Dearmad & Pnutmaster.
    · Byzantineboy for integration of his JizyaKafirsDimmis.
    · vsivak for bug fixing and correcting all of the many mistakes.
    · The community of TWC for their enthusiasm, advice, and patience
    · The Rus 2 Total War team for some of their lovely models.
    · XAI team for their AI
    · Jurand of Cracow for his advice and insight.
    · Mountainhouzhe for help with the religion script
    · Gigantus for his guidance

Manual: Faq https://mega.nz/file/5iBUTCBL#7A3Ow6...RXpBkW9G6LJqbw
    Last edited by WeekendGeneral; March 01, 2023 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Updated link.

Default Re: Mongol invasion that doesn't suck Buff and Shine for Broken Crescent 0.1

Sounds cool, Bookmarked... I'll check it out.

Default Re: Mongol invasion that doesn't suck Buff and Shine for Broken Crescent 0.1

Good work, thanks for the effort.

Hello. I played 61 rounds of ERE , great balance . Congratulations, and even smaller number of troops . Sustainable development of the country . A great mod. Sorry for my English. I write as the Mongol invasion will be.

Thanks, for the feedback! I'm working an update to come soon with a reinforcement system for struggling factions and some new traits.

I play on, the Mongol invasion is powerful but you can beat them . Overall, I think the Broken Crescent 2.4 player and Ai May, far too much income, so that they can afford numerous armies . Rather, I'll cut the proceeds to his personal use . Half of the army from what is on the map 100 round , it would be ok by me . Your submod is a nice complement the fashion in interesting ways. I play on Medium / Medium see how it goes on Hard and Very Hard . Good luck , I'm waiting for the next version , I salute . He also submodes do , but not as extensive as yours.

Update

There has been an improvement on most features:

• The Unit Cards I believe are completely done now for all factions they should display, a unit info picture, unit description that is historically relevant and and a unit card.

• The Mongols have had a minor change, they should now more readily invade the steppes.

• A handful of new ancillaries have been implemented some from Stainless Steel and others that are brand new. Mainly for a rpg flavor. As an extension of this I have implemented the court system for all factions and not just the Christians. You will now be available to nominate the chancellor, steward, treasurer and others throughout your realm.

• Introduction of a trophy system which was inspired by TATW if you defeat a different culture group decisively you will receive a trophy from them that gives unique benefits. A crusader shield for example will give you extra command and troop morale whilst a turkic bow will give you greater skill in ambushes and authority.

• Finished the Royal Title traits no longer are muslim factions the only ones given a unique title to replace Faction_Leader now every faction has one.

• Implemented Rolling_Wave's (HURB a submod of stainless steel - its a amazing mod well worth a look) Raiding script. Now Generals with a dread rating can loot and pillage enemy territory for a financial gain but at the cost of reduced movement and range of sight.

• Mass Conscription will come into effect when a faction is reduced to their last settlement and an army of mixed strength will muster in effort to push of enemies.

• Baggage Train looting after soundly defeating an enemy army don't forget to loot their baggage train maybe you might be able to scavenge some coin to offset the troops you lost. But be careful if you lose the enemy can do it to you as well.

• Balancing and other miscellaneous stuff.

Future Plans In No Particular Order: Flesh out ancillaries with more era specific peeps, Introduce a Garrison Script, Rebellion Script, Cool Traits and emergent factions

Totally not Save game compatible but a lot cooler.
    Download https://www.mediafire.com/?cazf72chpl38kv8

Also how do you edit posts?

looks quit interesting, will have to give it a go

Forgot to add the update includes three new historical battles. More historically inspired than accurate, they are all fairly well balanced and work in multiplayer if that is your thing.
    Battle of Mamistra 1152: Byzantine Empire and Cilician Armenia
    Battle of Indus 1221: The last stand of the Khwarezmid Empire against the Mongols
    Battle of Arsuf 1191: Richard vs Saladin.

I play on version 0.2 . Georgia, a good balance . New developments work ok by me . Cool new anicillaries are added . Submod stable. Good job.

Nearly Implemented a colony AOR system. The process involves a building chain that initially produces loads of unrest but allows the recruitment of your factions units outside of hidden resource areas. The colonial buildings have a much slower replenishment rate compared to the home provinces and cannot produce your elite units. This ensures a dependence of the core areas and attempt to stay, at least thematically faithful to vanilla.
    I think it should be ready for release by the end of the week.

AOR Broken Crescent is good news , it was in previous versions , and check well. National units should be in the starting provinces and possibly . Some neighboring countries. I am waiting for the result of your work.

How is the work ?

Hi all, sorry for the delay work has been crazy for the last few weeks and I've been snowed under.

I do have something for you try out, an extension to the current AOR system. It's not quite finished but I'm keen on getting some feedback on how well it works.

At the moment Broken Crescent's AOR system forces the player to be dependent upon their home provinces making us think outside of the box. For the most part I enjoy this system, however for many of the smaller factions it can become rather restrictive fast especially when the ai is given access larger recruitment pool.

There has been some talk of implementing RR whilst this would reduce the claustrophobia that can come about in the later game I'm not sure that this would fit thematically and the changes to the game dynamic would be significant of which I am uncertain it would be for the better.

What I've implemented instead is a colony style system, in which I attempt to represent a portion of your faction's military/ethnic/culture group settles part of a region outside of your core lands. There they may provide you with limited elements of your core roster to help maintain and expand your empire.

What does this mean in practice?
    I've added a new building chain for cities and castles that can enable the production of troops in any non-core region. They require basic military infrastructure to be built in effort to ensure that native troops are still used and the negative public order effects of the colony buildings are managed.
    The chain is
    Outpost – a few hardy souls claim a portion of this newly conquered land from your homelands this is met with outright hostility and unrest from the locals. Allowing you to build some of your basic core units at the cost of significant public order hit.
    Settlement – the outpost is well established and the people within are viewed less as invaders rather as unwelcome neighbors. The roster is further expanded to professional troops and the negative effects are reduced.
    Enclave – Your people are now seen as a distinct minority within this region – Noble troops can now be recruited and any negative effects are minimal.

The colony doesn't remove Broken Crescent's AOR system it just makes it more manageable. Colony regions can not build elites they are core region locked. In addition while they do expand the recruitment pool, recruitment replenishment in non core provinces is much slower reflecting the smaller manpower pool of those regions. At the moment the building are lacking UI if anyone would like to contribute some that would be appreciated however I plan on adding them next update.

Here's the patch https://www.mediafire.com/?zs475xtpe2p1b5p

Hello can you explain me how to install your update please?

To Install the update open the file using either 7zip or Winzip, then open the Buff and Shine folder and drop the data folder into your Broken Crescent Folder. Agree to overwrite all files. Launch the game. Bingo.

Thanks for yours answer

Re: I see one of your post on this mod : The Historical Units Region building mods ! can you tell me what is the latest version of this mod and if patchs are needed? and does this mod really improve AI? That would be nice because i rediscover this game and its mods and it looks great. Sorry for my english

The links have been updated in the first post. The Ai has been tweaked a little I think it performs better, in the next update I hope to implement Skynet AI, the AI used in EB2

Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast