Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.9: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Quote Originally Posted by Khwarezmianxx View Post
    Yes i did, i had done something wrong with the installation but now all works. Though after i fixed the installation, suddenly my turn speed in the mod is very long and units take long time to get available in the recruiment scroll. Also when i move any character on the campaign map the characters move slow and lag little bit, especially if i press space to make them move fast.
    I previously recommended commenting out some monitors in the campaign_script.txt :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I reduced the turn time by commenting the lines in the campaign_script with "monitor_event UnitDisbanded" and "monitor_event UnitTrained" by setting a semicolon ";" in front of every line. In Notepadd++ you can do this with the "Shift + Alt" selection mode of lines.
    If I counted right the amount of monitors is 1860 and implements the system that if units are trained, disbanded population numbers are reduced, respectively increased for the used settlement.
    If you want to implement it make a backup first.

Previously I observed also the slow character movement, now I dont have it anymore but I dont know which changes made this better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainhouzhe View Post
    I previously recommended commenting out some monitors in the campaign_script.txt :

I reduced the turn time by commenting the lines in the campaign_script with "monitor_event UnitDisbanded" and "monitor_event UnitTrained" by setting a semicolon ";" in front of every line. In Notepadd++ you can do this with the "Shift + Alt" selection mode of lines.
    If I counted right the amount of monitors is 1860 and implements the system that if units are trained, disbanded population numbers are reduced, respectively increased for the used settlement.

Previously I observed also the slow character movement, now I dont have it anymore but I dont know which changes made this better.
    I don't have notepad++, is there a way to do this quick without it or is it possible to just select them and delete? Do i have to comment out the lines that are below the "UnitDisbanded/Trained"?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I don't have notepad++, is there a way to do this quick without it or is it possible to just select them and delete? Do i have to comment out the lines that are below the "UnitDisbanded/Trained"?
    It's very easy to download notepad++, it's free to use.
    You may also use the WordPad.

It worked, but is it part of the mod that in the recruiment interface/scroll it takes longer for the next unit to become avalaible?

It worked, but is it part of the mod that in the recruiment interface/scroll it takes longer for the next unit to become avalaible?
    It has no influence, the unit pool increases always if you disband units inside a settlement.

I think the idea behind the current recruitment system is that replenishment takes longer, but also the maximum number of available units is way higher (often 5).
    So one is rewarded for not going recruiting everything all time, but kind of prepare for war for some turns.
    Usually the problems go away when one has the level 3,4 of faction recruitment building.

It has no influence, the unit pool increases always if you disband units inside a settlement.

I think the idea behind the current recruitment system is that replenishment takes longer, but also the maximum number of available units is way higher (often 5).
    So one is rewarded for not going recruiting everything all time, but kind of prepare for war for some turns.
    Usually the problems go away when one has the level 3,4 of faction recruitment building.
    Okay.

When I made the comments to the campaign script, the starting scripts/events like the "civil war" wont appear when starting a campaign.

Okay.

When I made the comments to the campaign script, the starting scripts/events like the "civil war" wont appear when starting a campaign.
    Can you send me your changed campaign script. Then I can have a look if you commented too much out.

Can you send me your changed campaign script. Then I can have a look if you commented too much out.
    It wont allow me to upload it cause it exceeds capacity.

I put the ; mark in front of every line that contained the "UnitTrained" or "Disbanded" and also to those lines below it.

@Mountainhouzhe
    - basically, when you do this (below) you somehow "kill" the Cvil Mechanics option and other (e.g. religious tolerance option) at the begining of the game. Don't know how exactly it affects those scrolls, but it does, I noticed it when doing the same about a month ago.

commenting the lines in the campaign_script with "monitor_event UnitDisbanded" and "monitor_event UnitTrained" by setting a semicolon ";" in front of every line. In Notepadd++ you can do this with the "Shift + Alt" selection mode of lines.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSilverstone View Post
    @Mountainhouzhe
    - basically, when you do this (below) you somehow "kill" the Cvil Mechanics option and other (e.g. religious tolerance option) at the begining of the game. Don't know how exactly it affects those scrolls, but it does, I noticed it when doing the same about a month ago.

commenting the lines in the campaign_script with "monitor_event UnitDisbanded" and "monitor_event UnitTrained" by setting a semicolon ";" in front of every line. In Notepadd++ you can do this with the "Shift + Alt" selection mode of lines.
    I will show example of what I did with the script:

;monitor_event UnitDisbanded etc.
    ;.....
    ;.....
    ;.....
    ;.....
    ;end_monitor

I do the above to all monitors/scripts that contain the beginning of "monitor_event UnitDisbanded/Trained".

Then when that didn't work, I tried this:

;monitor_event UnitTrained
    end_monitor

And this didn't work either.

So, If you can tell by those examples what went wrong, please tell me.

I downloaded the 3Part(mypatch) again and commented the lines 7994- 21517 . I attached this campaign_script as a .7z archive.
    I tested it and the Messages for Civil war, captain script showed up.
    Maybe you commented too many lines.
    I hope this works for you
    Attached Files Attached Files

I downloaded the 3Part(mypatch) again and commented the lines 7994- 21517 . I attached this campaign_script as a .7z archive.
    I tested it and the Messages for Civil war, captain script showed up.
    Maybe you commented too many lines.
    I hope this works for you
    I made a mistake by renaming my file and that ruined the script/file.

Hi there, Could someone please teach me how to reset the campaign scripts?

After install, I loaded the first campaign. It came with three decision scrolls asking for Governor, Siege and Religious Tolerance.

But I haven't seen those scrolls upon starting new campaigns... so can't change settings for Governor/Siege/Religious tolerance scripts.

Thanks

First time player for this mod. I've just clean install the entire Medieval 2 Total War Gold and install this mod including the patch. I also change the mod folder name into 5 letters long, in this case the folder name is "BCkBS". So far all I've got is this (screenshot below) :

I've also had tried to edit Broken_Crescent_kingdomsBuff_and_Shine.cfg file and make change the mod name into the corresponding folder name (just in case it matters). So far I still cannot run this mod. What did I do wrong here? I had play other mod without any problem before this.

Thanks beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
    First time player for this mod. I've just clean install the entire Medieval 2 Total War Gold and install this mod including the patch. I also change the mod folder name into 5 letters long, in this case the folder name is "BCkBS". So far all I've got is this (screenshot below) :

I've also had tried to edit Broken_Crescent_kingdomsBuff_and_Shine.cfg file and make change the mod name into the corresponding folder name (just in case it matters). So far I still cannot run this mod. What did I do wrong here? I had play other mod without any problem before this.

Thanks beforehand
    Never mind of my previous question. As it turn out I didn't install the second part

Quote Originally Posted by Zhugeliang View Post
    Hi there, Could someone please teach me how to reset the campaign scripts?

After install, I loaded the first campaign. It came with three decision scrolls asking for Governor, Siege and Religious Tolerance.

But I haven't seen those scrolls upon starting new campaigns... so can't change settings for Governor/Siege/Religious tolerance scripts.

Thanks
    There should appear governor, religious tolerance, zakat or almsgiving, siege, captain, civil war script and historical invasions/events. These scripts all should appear when you start a campaign in buff and shine. Though it seems zakat (or almsgiving) script appears multiple times during campaign.

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

hi, does anybody know how do i recruit as kingdom of jerusalem the templar knights, the dismounted templar knights, dismounted knights of jerusalem? because if i build the templar buildings for example, i can only recruit templar cavalry, or brother knights.
    thank you
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    hi, does anybody know how do i recruit as kingdom of jerusalem the templar knights, the dismounted templar knights, dismounted knights of jerusalem? because if i build the templar buildings for example, i can only recruit templar cavalry, or brother knights.
    thank you
    From the unique building tree, which has the faction logo in it at the city interface. Buff and Shine has a different recruitment system.

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

From the unique building tree, which has the faction logo in it at the city interface. Buff and Shine has a different recruitment system.
    i checked the crusader outpost, duchy, barony, etc and in none of them appear those units mentioned. neither in the templar building line, which has 2 buildings, the first one only has the spearmen, the second has the dismounted brother knights and templar cavalry, not templar knights or the dismounted version
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    i checked the crusader outpost, duchy, barony, etc and in none of them appear those units mentioned. neither in the templar building line, which has 2 buildings, the first one only has the spearmen, the second has the dismounted brother knights and templar cavalry, not templar knights or the dismounted version
    The second building of the templar line has the following entry in the edb:
    bc_templar2 castle requires factions { france, }
    {
    capability
    {
    ;! recruit_start bc_templar 2

recruit_pool "koj knights dismounted templar" 1 0.05 5 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and not event_counter templar 1 and event_counter mongol_em 1
    recruit_pool "koj knights templar" 1 0.05 5 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and not event_counter templar 1 and event_counter mongol_em 1

recruit_pool "koj templar brothers" 1 0.05 5 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and not event_counter templar 1
    recruit_pool "koj dismounted templar" 1 0.05 5 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and not event_counter mongol_em 1
    recruit_pool "koj templars" 1 0.05 5 0 requires factions { france, } and hidden_resource recruit_koj and not event_counter mongol_em 1

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    law_bonus bonus 2
    religion_level bonus 2

population_health_bonus bonus 2
    religion_level bonus 2
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material wooden
    construction 5
    cost 7200
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }

The recruitment is conditioned to event_counter "mongol_em" and "templar" which is triggered at the "date 43", "date 133" respectively. There might be problems with mixing "and" and "not" with more than one condition.