Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.9: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Ok the first part worked. I guess problem is within the second part but if it works for everyone else then I guess something from my end causes it.

The second part overwrites the first part and it doesn't contain many files. Try to overwrite directories first and then files and see what happens. Then use the same method and overwrite the files with the files from my patch.
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Nope, didn't worked.

Btw it's sad to see after all those years and patches/submods Rum still has Ottoman units even from the beginning. I complained about those years ago when I was in the dev team as a researcher, we even drafted future rosters but wudang was busy and the original team members were absent so the work was stalled.

What can be expected for the next update?

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by vsivak View Post
    Ok that means the error is not caused by my patch. Can you start the game with only the first part installed? Don't forget the submod installation is standalone (don't overwrite original broken crescent installation) and if you use steam version follow corresponding instructions.
    Thanks man for the updated third part.
    The campaign is now able to start properly. I haven't seen any glitch so far. Good job!!

Is there any plan for any further update?

I plan to develop mod further together with WeekendGeneral who created it. At the moment i am modding EDCT. I changed the chances of traits being triggered and I fixed several bugged triggers. I want to balance the mod as much as possible based on the feedback from players. So far I noted comments from JoC and Tureuki. But I don't plan any big changes until WeekendGeneral returns to modding.

I noticed that non-Indian Faction leaders get the trait of Sultan al-Mu'azzam and Majaraha together. In my campaign as Egypt, My leader got both traits. I do not hold any territory in India though.

Hello Vsivak.
    - I played Byzantium 35 turns. Hard campaign. Medium battle.
    - 2 generals have become ill and have rebellious moods and very slow movement. Can you heal them somehow?
    - and it is cautious. No big armies on the map are a big plus.
    - only faction Kiev was destroyed.
    - other nations are developing relatively slowly.
    - Smaller factions conquered one or two or three provinces.
    - Greater factions conquered sometimes four to five provinces.
    - Can I have only one diplomat?
    - Merchants give a lot more income it's ok
    - For now zero ctd,
    - My diplomacy stances it`s Mixed no change in game.
    Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    I noticed that non-Indian Faction leaders get the trait of Sultan al-Mu'azzam and Majaraha together. In my campaign as Egypt, My leader got both traits. I do not hold any territory in India though.
    Well spotted, fixed for the next patch (together with the wrong description, it should maharaja not majaraha).

Quote Originally Posted by Araven View Post
    Hello Vsivak.
    - I played Byzantium 35 turns. Hard campaign. Medium battle.
    - 2 generals have become ill and have rebellious moods and very slow movement. Can you heal them somehow?
    For start read the FAQ (link is in the first post).
    If your generals are already slow (Traits - "Rebel!" with description "This man, acting alone, has openly declared himself an enemy of his Sovereign. Trust him not!" or "Rebel!" with description "This man has openly declared himself an enemy of his Soveriegn. Trust him not!") or very slow (Trait "You're NOT my King!") the only chance to get them back is to get rid of the faction leader's trait "Inspires Civil War" or "Offends the Nobility".
    If faction leader has trait "Inspires Civil War" you have to wait. He will loose it automatically after 12 turns (or a bit later).
    If the faction leader has only trait "Offends the Nobility" he can get rid of it if he is in capitol (33 % chance if he has authority 5 or higher, 10 % chance if his authority is lower), if his chivalry is higher than 4 (65 % chance) or if he wins major battle (Number of enemy army units > 9 and clear battle success)

Quote Originally Posted by Araven View Post
    - Can I have only one diplomat?
    You can have more diplomats but you have to build library/academy in castle or town hall/council chambers/city hall/mayors palace in towns/cities.

Thank you all for your help.

Thanks. Mercenary Latin Knights in Thracia no have icon (roman peasant). 72 turns few factions is destroy. Very interesting game.
    Last edited by Araven; November 02, 2018 at 05:05 AM.

Another observation Khawarzeem Mercenary come up in recruitment pool before the Mongol invasion, I think that should be fixed. The units do not have an icon in the areas of Levant (Syria, Lebanon, Iraq.)

I have 5 or 6 mayors palace in my cities and can`t recruit diplomat. I have still only 1 diplomat. Levy archers in Seljuk of Rum no have icon (roman peasant).
    Last edited by Araven; November 02, 2018 at 09:11 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Playing Byzantium and I've noticed they start off with a random general leading a large army in Anatolia. He is part of the family tree and I want to remove him from it, but can't find him in the descr_strat file. Can anyone help me out please?

Dear Vsivak,
    I want to thank you for your recent updates.
    I particular enjoy the increased value of tradegoods. It makes the buidling of trade related buildings relevant.
    Yet I am observing Increased population growth rates due to the increased trade values. I am currently playing an enjoyable campaign where most castles have turned to Citadels by turn 60. There are also many Large-cities on the map.
    Just wanted to briefly mention this.
    Best regards

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by vsivak View Post
    I plan to develop mod further together with WeekendGeneral who created it. At the moment i am modding EDCT. I changed the chances of traits being triggered and I fixed several bugged triggers. I want to balance the mod as much as possible based on the feedback from players. So far I noted comments from JoC and Tureuki. But I don't plan any big changes until WeekendGeneral returns to modding.
    Hi vsivak! Thank you for working on the mod! Will there be changes in the text files in the new patch? When is the approximate release date of the new patch?

Libertus

WeekendGeneral, thanks for your mod!

Hi everyone,

A bit of an update, for the last few months I've been dealing with a resurgence of a chronic illness. Whilst my partner and I are in the process of moving halfway across the country! As you can imagine this has dominated the majority of my time.

Now that does not mean I have given up on the mod. If you guys could please list any bugs or broken features this will be the priority.

Best wishes,

WC

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Get well soon, WE!
    I'm looking forward to your come back and work integration the vsivak changes who seemed to integrate some of my comments I've posted some time ago.
    I'm going to play your mod once you issue the next version :-)
    cheers
    JoC

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Hi everyone,

A bit of an update, for the last few months I've been dealing with a resurgence of a chronic illness. Whilst my partner and I are in the process of moving halfway across the country! As you can imagine this has dominated the majority of my time.

Now that does not mean I have given up on the mod. If you guys could please list any bugs or broken features this will be the priority.

Best wishes,

WC
    Welcome back! Get well soon!

I hope to see your new version I missed your leadership in the sub mod team.
    we need a new playable version

Welcome back WG! Great news.