Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.9: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Hi WG,
    thanks for the answers. I'm looking forward to your update!
    A few thoughts:
    - I haven't understood your plan fully, so just to tell you why I do like the current Buff&Shine recruitment system. Namely, I don't like a strict "settlement-size-progression" recruitment system. I mean: the size of a settlement should limit the number of troops you may recruit, but not necessarily the quality (ie type) of the units. In the Stainless Steel (I've played a vanilla game just one time, so I cannot tell on vanilla) the problem for the weaker factions was that they started with a small settlement and were unable to recruit heavy infantry, for instance. This was solved in HURB and in the Buff&Shine: you can have a small settlement but with a high level of feudal l building. I think the level of the political system should be quite independent from the level of the settlement (in the SSHIP its solved through an additional Regional Council building that indeed provides for the feudal units, and can be build quite early).
    - If you would care, I'd be happy if you'd fix that problem with Siege system - it was game-breaking for my Vladimir and Volga Bulghar games.
    - have a look at my entry on the ideal recruitment system, maybe it would serve you with some ideas - actually many of them were inspired / taken from your modding - thanks!. I've also produced some thoughts on the Loyalty system recently.
    take care, don't overwork yourself!
    cheers
    JoC

Apologizes for the vagueness my brain is a bit mushy.
    The proposed recruitment changes are directly inspired by your suggestions. Not a return to a previous system.

I agree the siege system is currently broken. Any changes you could provide would be appreciated.

Happy to be updated! Looking forward for a release!

just curious, have you implemented the really bad AI, is it necessary, or would it be compatible with this submod>

so, after like 3 hours of trying to get this mod going now the renaming of these files an epic stupid process...1st of all the EXE file has buff and shine listed twice for cfg files, it would be really nice if you would show exactly how to set this up because I got the game to work with the regular install, finally<<< but it crashed...so now this renaming task, which is not so easy as you imply. I have tried several things and now I am only getting a nonresponsive exe to pop up. I guess I'll wait til next week to try this mod out...maybe go mod the original BC which works fine. Also, do you think this mod is compatible with the really bad AI system, or even necessary?
    Also include: is it necessary to change the file names in steam to get this working? maybe that's where I'm going wrong but there's just too many what ifs here.
    Last edited by Majordea; April 18, 2018 at 03:38 AM.

Hey guys, first of all thank you deeply for your dedication to the project. I would like to ask how to fix an issue. I have tried to install mod following all the steps, I have opened the exe file with 7zip and extracted to the mods folder in MedII, I did the same with the part 2 and the patch overwriting when it asks me to do. As I did this I tried to launch the mods and it effectively loads up to the main menu. The issue I have is that the window in which the game runs is very small and confined to the upper left corner of the screen. At this point I went to the video options and tried to enlarge it but it does not work, it can get a little bigger but nothing more. I ould love to have the issue solved.
    Thanks in advance guys

- iirc, you need to change (or insert) in the .cfg file the line "windowed=true" into "windowed=false". Look for explanations in the installation instructions' of the other mods, if you don't know how to do it.- Steam - I've got a Steam version and I didn't have problems with installation. But I don't run the game "from Steam", I just have shortcut to the relevant file.
    - I think RBAI is included, in one form or another. I don't complain about the BAI behaviour (in comparison to the other M2TW mods)

Thank you deeply Jurland , I tried it and it works like a charm now it crashes when I launch a campaign but I'll scan the thread now. Thanks thanks thanks again!

Hello, after starting campaign (any faction), i'm geting CTD.
    Logs:logs.rar

Help, i want to try it out but i can't.

Quote Originally Posted by johnywoo View Post
    Hello, after starting campaign (any faction), i'm geting CTD.
    Logs:logs.rar

Help, i want to try it out but i can't.
    I got the same issue, after having it installed from scratch....

Need to install this fix https://www.mediafire.com/file/8bbzq...0Buff%20Fix.7z
    Last edited by lekseus; May 02, 2018 at 11:12 PM.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Hello everyones!

Ijust open a campain of: Buff and Shine 1,9 standalone, base version.

is that normal that theImanate of Oman has his familiy members with Zoroastronian religious trait?
    (all of them), I thought that wuold be a possible trail for persian factions

So the CAI really baffles me. I am the Cumans, ERE attacks my port and... That's it, they just do that, they do not send any armies, nothing. Then I attack Cherson, I wait out for them to break the siege, but they don't... They just give me the city, although they had a decently sized army.

when i start the mod an error shows up and the game crashes ..... any help ?

I have tried to mod running but install gave error.When I started the game it showed normal gameplay menu

any news regarding the progress towards a the new patch? Looking forward.

This doesn't work for me. I did whatevet i could find here and arround about instalation, but it will just crash during new campaign load. I can play custom battles just fine but not campaign. I will try latest BC if it will do for me. I don!t know, maybe i am doing something wrong. Am i supposed to merge all those 3 downloaded parts together and rewrite everything? I have already installed some older version of directx and some vcredist packs because of Europa barbarorum2, but maybe there is still something missing? I am geting unknow error message.

With Steam version and Win10 I had no problems, also playing EBII on this version. Afair, I've just installed BC, then BS1.9, and then vsivak fix.

I have downloaded just Buff nd Shine because it should be standalone? Anyway with all 3 parts of this download, made everything as stated, i can not play. Also same presets like you(w10 + steam)

Hello there!

I'm a longtime mod user, I think I have like 95% of all mods in here, but for some reason after downloading this submod-standalone as it was specifically instructed, I can't start a campaign as Kingdom of Jerusalem. CTD immediately after the loading screen before the start of the game. Here's the log, it says a lot of thing are missing and I wonder why.

Attachment 354153

Thank you.

Hi all,

I wasn't very active in last months because of real life issues. Regarding the CTD issues many of you reported I think the problem only involves Steam players. I would like to emphasize the instructions for Steam players written in the lower part of the first post:

Suggestion: reduce the name of the mod folder to 4-5 letters, long path names, especially in steam, have been known to create problems. BCBuff will be fine. Then edit the mod's BAT file (right click, choose 'edit') to reflect the change. You will also have to edit the desktop shortcut for it or simply create a new one (right click BAT file, choose 'send to desktop')
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign