Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.9: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Open the .cfg file, go down to:
    [video]event_movies = 1
    movies = 1
    no_background_fmv = 0
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1
    restrict_strat_radar = 0
    show_banners = 1
    Change the windowed = 1 to windowed = 0
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

delete
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; January 07, 2018 at 06:10 PM.

- Armenia, Turn 49, CTD when Rebels turn comes. Also the mod crashes most of the time I start it, I have to start it around 4-5 times for it to get to the intro.

I am curious, how do you change the Mongol Invasion? And how can you remove the
    -Implemented the loyalty, supply, raid camp and health systems from Blood, Broads, & Bastards Dearmad & Pnutmaster adding both an extra RPG and strategic element element that fits well within Broken Crescent.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: 7z 13.7z (1.03 MB, 4 views)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

maybe you should play the base Broken Crescent - if you want to remove some of the best features of the mod?

[QUOTE=vsivak;15475450]

Geoffrey of Villehardouin - 1. The way Heir Crown ancillary is the same as in the other mods, I haven't found anything wrong with it, it doesn't work if the heir dies before the leader or in the cases like mentioned here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10327356.
    /QUOTE]

It was ages ago when I read somewhere how the heir ancillary worked, in some other mod. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but either the heir ancillary is stuck on the faction leader and I cannot remove it to give it to anyone else, or if someone else has it, which I have managed to do just once, he does not become the next heir. The heir seems to be chosen at random and often is the faction member with the worst possible traits and highest dread. Maybe I am just unlucky?

The link you posted suggests the leftmost member in the family tree is anyway selected, so then I do not see what use the heir ancillary is. That post suggests that you keep the family tree as small as possible but having just a couple of family members is not practicable since you cannot get generals autogenerated after battles and you cannot recruit them from buildings until something like game turn 150 by which time you may have a massive family.

On another issue, not only do the Bavandids have Russian voices, the Kievan Rus have Muslim voices!

One short question please, is blood and dirt included in this mod? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    For some odd reason this mod starts fine but it starts in a small screen. However, other MTW2 mods start in a full screen. How can I fix this?
    I had the same issue. It can be changed by changing both campaign and battle resolutions in video options and attempting to exit the mod (a chance that when attempting to press buttons on the screen you have to point the mouse a bit lower than where the button actually shows after changing resolution). then re-enter the mod and see if you still have to change the resolution to make it fit the screen.
    Sorry if I poorly explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    maybe you should play the base Broken Crescent - if you want to remove some of the best features of the mod?
    What kind of logic is that, I just want to remove the trait system, not the new factions, fixes and many other improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    - Armenia, Turn 49, CTD when Rebels turn comes. Also the mod crashes most of the time I start it, I have to start it around 4-5 times for it to get to the intro.

I am curious, how do you change the Mongol Invasion? And how can you remove the
    Have you updated your graphics card? Tried changing the resolution? I don't get a crash from your save hmmm . The loyalty system can be switched on and off, if you want to turn off the other stuff you will need to manually remove the scripts from campaign_script and character_traits files.

The Mongols unit stats, cost, upkeep and recruitment have been totally overhauled. Additionally the script will make them attack the Khara Khitan initially, the strength of the mongol invasion is determined by which faction the player is the further away the stronger. Generally speaking the mongols are less dominant than 2.4 but are still stronger than 2.3.
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

[QUOTE=Geoffrey of Villehardouin;15485653]
    Quote Originally Posted by vsivak View Post

Geoffrey of Villehardouin - 1. The way Heir Crown ancillary is the same as in the other mods, I haven't found anything wrong with it, it doesn't work if the heir dies before the leader or in the cases like mentioned here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10327356.
    /QUOTE]

It was ages ago when I read somewhere how the heir ancillary worked, in some other mod. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but either the heir ancillary is stuck on the faction leader and I cannot remove it to give it to anyone else, or if someone else has it, which I have managed to do just once, he does not become the next heir. The heir seems to be chosen at random and often is the faction member with the worst possible traits and highest dread. Maybe I am just unlucky?

The link you posted suggests the leftmost member in the family tree is anyway selected, so then I do not see what use the heir ancillary is. That post suggests that you keep the family tree as small as possible but having just a couple of family members is not practicable since you cannot get generals autogenerated after battles and you cannot recruit them from buildings until something like game turn 150 by which time you may have a massive family.

On another issue, not only do the Bavandids have Russian voices, the Kievan Rus have Muslim voices!
    The voices issue should be addressed in part 3 of the download or you can re-generate the sound files.
    Do you have usually have trouble moving ancillaries between characters?

Hey Guys!
    At first i want to thank anyone who participated in creating the mod!
    Second of all: I was about to play a few rounds as i liked the eastern part of SSHIP way more and always felt certain regions were "missing" ( ofc due to the region limit).
    But after extracting the files and creating my shortcut for the mod: When i start it i will only see the loading screen and it crashes immedeatly with "unspecified reasons".

I will now try to reinstall the vanillas mtw2, but if that doesnt work: Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. It~`s campaign ai and diplomacy (diplomacy its optionally only) for testing in this mod. This ai must ai_label default in descr_strat for all factions. It` very aggressive in other mods. I`m actually very busy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cRuNkEd31337 View Post
    Hey Guys!
    At first i want to thank anyone who participated in creating the mod!
    Second of all: I was about to play a few rounds as i liked the eastern part of SSHIP way more and always felt certain regions were "missing" ( ofc due to the region limit).
    But after extracting the files and creating my shortcut for the mod: When i start it i will only see the loading screen and it crashes immedeatly with "unspecified reasons".

I will now try to reinstall the vanillas mtw2, but if that doesnt work: Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    No one with any ideas?

Btw as i was browsing through the thread to find a possible solution, i 've seen someone asking to implement real historical population numbers.
    If thats something that you want to work on, let me know. I can do some research to make a sheet with aprox. population-numbers of all settlements at the starting time.
    I would recommend to adjust some for balancing though .

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    The loyalty system can be switched on and off,
    Please, how do you do that? With some factions its really stiffing the campaign.

Submod crashes for me every time if I try to start a new game after applying patch 3. If I only apply up to patch 2 this doesn't happen.

No one with any ideas?

Btw as i was browsing through the thread to find a possible solution, i 've seen someone asking to implement real historical population numbers.
    If thats something that you want to work on, let me know. I can do some research to make a sheet with aprox. population-numbers of all settlements at the starting time.
    I would recommend to adjust some for balancing though .
    If you can provide semi-accurate population numbers for most settlements then I can implement it. However it would be needed to balance population growth, squalor and settlement upgrade levels. And the problem could be with steppe areas where nomads were predominant because the settlement population would be very low in comparison with the whole region population. But I personally like the idea and I can implement it.

Please, how do you do that? With some factions its really stiffing the campaign.
    The game asks you at the beginning of the first turn if you want to activate it (if you have installed the latest version of the submod).

Submod crashes for me every time if I try to start a new game after applying patch 3. If I only apply up to patch 2 this doesn't happen.
    Does anyone else has this problem?
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

As i cant get the mod running as of now, i would either need a settlement-list or some help to get it running.
    If either of that is possible i would be glad to be of service .

Quote Originally Posted by cRuNkEd31337 View Post
    As i cant get the mod running as of now, i would either need a settlement-list or some help to get it running.
    If either of that is possible i would be glad to be of service .
    I'm guessing you have the same issue as me. If you really want, you can run the mod if you install Part 1 & 2, but not part 3.

To be honest i dont think so.
    I cant even run the game. Doesnt matter wether i include vsivaks updates or not.
    I was going through so many solutions that i decided to just wait until 2.0 unless some has a good idea.
    Sticking with some SSHIP for now ( which isnt the worst, i just played a lot of it already ).

[QUOTE=WeekendGeneral;15491248]
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    The voices issue should be addressed in part 3 of the download or you can re-generate the sound files.
    Do you have usually have trouble moving ancillaries between characters?
    I can fix the voices in my own version, I was just pointing that out. I had trouble moving the heir ancillary to another character at some point. It may be some little bug. Eventually I moved it in a subsequent game turn but I do not think it made a difference, although I seem to remember it only takes effect if the current leader and heir both die before the guy with the ancillary and also that if the faction leader dies while having the ancillary, there may be issues with the heir ancillary after that, I think that it will stop working altogether. I vaguely remember something along those lines, I could be completely wrong. Moving it to another character lowered the authority of the faction leader, so it may have been an issue with authority going negative or something like that when you attempt to move it. I did not notice any other issues with moving ancillaries, except that the more senior faction members are often full of immovable ancillaries like mentor or eunuch and so on and you cannot give them any movable ones.

I would also prefer that the loyalty system is optional. Was it optional at the start of the campaign? If so, that's ok, just add a warning that it can have a massive impact on gameplay.