Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Mongol invasion that doesn't suck Buff and Shine for Broken Crescent 0.1

ok cool I don't know if Broken Crescent is still in progress but i would kike to know if one day the map will be extended to China?

Default Re: Mongol invasion that doesn't suck Buff and Shine for Broken Crescent 0.1

Ok cool ! I don't know if Broken Crescent is still in progress but i would like to know if one day the map will be extended far away to the east, to China China for example?

Sorry for the two answers.

You should not feel sorry for the two answers since there have so far been no answers. No, there are no plans to extend the map further into China. There was a mod under development called All Under Heaven (AUH) that was going to cover the area further east, but progress has been slow.

Yes, i have seen this mod, '' All under Heaven '', but i wonder if this mod will release one day. Does the creator or you have an idea for a release date? it looks very interesting.

In the soon to be released update there a slew of RPG elements included that make the characters more interesting and dynamic. Some of it has been influenced by BBB including Supply system, civil war and health. In addition I've included a fully fleshed out and dynamic title system, now you have the oppurtunity to become a maharaja, restore Greater Armenia or maybe lose enough prestige and your sultanate will be taken from you, reducing your title to that of a bey or emir.

There are a host of other cool tweaks and addons that are coming soon, hopefully out in a few days.

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

The game crashes everytime when I'm starting a new campaign... I've installed the 0.2 version and the 0.5 patch (from the first post) and unpacked it via 7zip. Don't know what I did wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by LOSC59610 View Post
    Yes, i have seen this mod, '' All under Heaven '', but i wonder if this mod will release one day. Does the creator or you have an idea for a release date? it looks very interesting.
    There is now and then some sign of activity but I am not sure there has been a lot of progress.

Do you have to start a new campaign for this submod?

Just about to post a big new update!

Default Re: Buff and Shine: Better Mongols, Improved AOR and more

Nice work

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi Weekend General, I tried your mod last night. I was able to get it to work, and I liked some of the new features, especially the new faction selection menu that allows us to play all the different factions again. However, I encountered a problem which makes the game not work for me.

1. I was playing as Seljuks of Kerman
    2. I laid siege to an enemy controlled settlement.
    3. The combat is so slow, I actually ran out of time and lost the battle because it took so long to kill the enemy units.
    4. I wasn't being slow, I smashed the wall immediately and rushed my units inside. The problem is the combat between units took so long, the enemy just wouldn't die!

This makes the game unplayable for me, so I went back to BC 2.3.2. But I'd really like to play your mod - is there any chance you could adjust the combat so that units don't take so long to die? It sucks sitting there for 20+ minutes on fast forward speed just waiting for the units to kill each other. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crosscheck86 View Post
    The game crashes everytime when I'm starting a new campaign... I've installed the 0.2 version and the 0.5 patch (from the first post) and unpacked it via 7zip. Don't know what I did wrong...
    My apologies for the very late reply, have you checked the error log? Otherwise probs be best to clean install of BC 2.4 and then download the newest version of buff and shine and then put the data and packs file in your Broken Crescent folder. That should be right then.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Hi Weekend General, I tried your mod last night. I was able to get it to work, and I liked some of the new features, especially the new faction selection menu that allows us to play all the different factions again. However, I encountered a problem which makes the game not work for me.

1. I was playing as Seljuks of Kerman
    2. I laid siege to an enemy controlled settlement.
    3. The combat is so slow, I actually ran out of time and lost the battle because it took so long to kill the enemy units.
    4. I wasn't being slow, I smashed the wall immediately and rushed my units inside. The problem is the combat between units took so long, the enemy just wouldn't die!

This makes the game unplayable for me, so I went back to BC 2.3.2. But I'd really like to play your mod - is there any chance you could adjust the combat so that units don't take so long to die? It sucks sitting there for 20+ minutes on fast forward speed just waiting for the units to kill each other. Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback, I find siege assaults almost always grindy especially for the Seljuks of Kerman and as such usually skip them. Have you tried field battles, is this as bad? Did you activate the Skynet AI in the battle this usually makes the battle less of a sludge fest.
    The major change to battles outside of the AI has been to balance the unit stats as in the Vanilla BC 2.4 build units stats were widely inconsistent in quality irrespective of their class or cost. This balancing by sound of things may have been working to well and I'll poke around and see if reducing the morale will work better.
    Strangely if anything they now do more damage to each other not less!

export_descr_unit.txt

Have a try with this mini update.

Playing as Seljuks of Kerman - turn one assaulted the City of Bam used trebuchets to attack walls and rush men through. At speed x6 from battle start to Victory screen a total of 7min.

When compared to MTW Vanilla with similar forces in custom battle about 6min.

Hope this helps!

Keep giving Feedback

Hello WeekendGeneral,

with your adjustments, what factions would you say are the 3 most difficult to play?

Posting a little update:

Crusade system from BC 2.3 now working again as is Osmani invasion both benefit their respective factions irregardless of the player controlling either faction. Barbarossa, The lion-heart and Louis will appear if Jerusalem isn't going well this is particularly terrifying when playing as Egypt.
    Implemented a Jihad script for Egypt based on the above Crusade system. If Jerusalem steamrolls Egypt a Jihadi stack will spawn to help alleviate Egypt's woes this can happen twice until 1190.
    Reduced the Grindyness of battles by playing around with stats and reducing morale. Battles are faster, difficult and more fun.
    Improved the AOR recruitment outside of home regions core units will be built faster and with less wait times. Though you will still be wanting to retain your core regions to produce the bulk of your armies.
    Tweaked campaign balance: This is much improved: The Ayyubid's no longer implode now able to provide a challenge to Makuria, Jerusalem and Yemen all at once, Anatolia, India, Arabia, Iran and the Steppe are far more balanced and hard fought its less likely to see a mega empire appear very early in campaign.
    The gameplay is more dynamic particularity in the Levant in one campaign I saw Antioch be taken by Armenia, Zengid, Jerusalem, Ayyubid and Armenia again all in the space of 10 turns or so.

Buff and Shine 0.86.7z

Planning on adding New factions amongst other coool things soon!

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

This sounds great - will give it a try. Thanks for the quick response

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    My apologies for the very late reply, have you checked the error log? Otherwise probs be best to clean install of BC 2.4 and then download the newest version of buff and shine and then put the data and packs file in your Broken Crescent folder. That should be right then.
    Ahoi WeekendGeneral! Thanks for the reply. I solved the problem. Just forgot to play M2TW:Kingdoms in compatibility mode (Win7)... Everything is working fine since then! By the way, great Sub-Mod! +Rep

Because I'm an idiot I added an extra decimal place to two files which buggered things up as such I've re uploaded the whole patch. If you've run into anything strange this is most likely why.
    Last edited by WeekendGeneral; August 24, 2016 at 09:59 AM.