Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.9: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Great mod, I haven't been as hyped since Rome II was announced! The only small issues I noticed so far is that several of the Salghurid and Bavanid units (including the captain model) seems to suffer from the "silver surfer" issue, unless I somehow messed up the installation. I would also like to add some retinues for the governorship of the Eastern regions, like in Transoxiana (Qara-Khitai Khanate), Fars (Salghurids) and Mazandaran (Bavanids).

After a brief test in custom battles, I noticed the silver surfer error in the following units, but I could have missed some in the rest of the playable factions or the AOR units that are not available outside the campaign:

Principalty of Kiev: 1. Ballista crew.
    Salghurids: 1. Oghuz noble horse archers 2. Türkmän raiders 3. Duzdariyah Fursan 4. Jundariyah 5. Tajik ubran militia 6. Duzdariyah 7. Persian archers 8. Persian spearmen.
    Bavandids: 1. Onager/catapult/ballista crews 2. General/captain 3. Gond-i Ispahbadh.

I recently downloaded this, I've been playing this mod with a buff and shine download i downloaded about 4-3 years ago, it didnt have that black map for undiscovered territory just fog, also recruitment wasn't that slow, mongols where much stronger but not crazy, i think for every 2nd city they got they gained 2 stacks and some more after so many turns. ive lost that downloaded of buff and shine 2.4.2 yesterday and the updates have made some changes. the delay on recruitment of soldiers wasn't this long, recruitment seems allot harder now, anyway of downloading files of buff and shine from about 3-4 years ago?

69 turns playing seljuks of iraq for no reason diplomat agent limit reached, cant produce anymore diplomats, only have a few with over 20 cities, a sultans palaces built all over the place, why is that?

Hello mems,

You can remove the fog of war by changing the color in map_fog.TGA from black to white .
    You can raise the limit of diplomats by adding additional capabilities to the capital building in the export_descr_buildings.txt file. I use these lines :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

building capital_building
    {
    levels capital_building
    {
    capital_building requires factions { , }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { timurids, hre, normans, turks, yemen, cumans, kievan_rus, kyiv, saxons, byzantium, poland, england, france, moors, denmark, russia, fars, milan, sicily, venice, portugal, egypt, spain, bavandid, scotland, hungary, aztecs, slave, mongols, }
    agent_limit merchant 2
    agent spy 0 requires factions { timurids, hre, normans, turks, yemen, cumans, kievan_rus, kyiv, saxons, byzantium, poland, england, france, moors, denmark, russia, fars, milan, sicily, venice, portugal, egypt, spain, bavandid, scotland, hungary, aztecs, slave, mongols, }
    agent_limit spy 2
    agent assassin 0 requires factions { timurids, hre, normans, turks, yemen, cumans, kievan_rus, kyiv, saxons, byzantium, poland, england, france, moors, denmark, russia, fars, milan, sicily, venice, portugal, egypt, spain, bavandid, scotland, hungary, aztecs, slave, mongols, }
    agent_limit assassin 1
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { timurids, hre, normans, turks, yemen, cumans, kievan_rus, kyiv, saxons, byzantium, poland, england, france, moors, denmark, russia, fars, milan, sicily, venice, portugal, egypt, spain, bavandid, scotland, hungary, aztecs, slave, mongols, }
    agent_limit diplomat 4
    happiness_bonus bonus 4
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2
    recruitment_slots bonus 1

This allows small factions to have more diplomats than usual and stops large factions from spamming agents. In my edb the town_hall line doesnt give additional diplomats. I dont know if this is already the case for the original file.
    You could add the agent_limit diplomat 1 capability for higher level town halls like city_hall.

Best regards

Hi Mate

thanks for that ill give that a try now, but just a little more on the topic. on turn 68 i have 1 diplomat, i went on recruiting spree of diplomats i can recruit many about 20 or so, as I have many of the required buildings to produce diplomats ie "Sultans palace" "Dari ilma" buldings . However if i go next turn with 1 diplomat not recruiting none, all of the sudden its say agent limit reached on turn 69. So after looking at every detail, trying find the difference from turn 68 to 69 i found that the "Capital" building randomly built itself im my capital city "Hamadan". why does the Capital building randomly appear? or build it self. so I destroyed that building and now my diplomats are recruitable again. That "Capital" building was not in the version of Buff and shine I played before its must have been added after. Also on my file Export_descr_buildings town_hall, Council_chambers don't give any additional diplomats, City_Hall gives 1 and mayors_palace gives 2 (for turks Dar al imira, Sultans palace are the buildings representing city hall and mayors palace I believe.) I have 21 cities with dar al imira and sultans palace built in many of those cities.

So the Capital building does that limit merchants, diplomats, spies assasins for the AI factions and for the player after it randomly appears? deleting it fixed my problem, losing its gains on population happiness however.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

Did you install all three parts? I checked the files from the "mypatch" folder. The export_descr_buildings.txt file from this folder has only a "agent_limit diplomat" line for the capital building and not the cities hall building line (only has "agent diplomat" line. ), if I checked correctly.
    I assume once you delete the capital building the agent_limit diplomat is zero and this might give unlimited recruitment of diplomats.

The team implemented the script from https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eb-2013-update
    The script tracks movement of capital and builds capital building in the new capital and deletes the old one.

I recommend increasing the agent_limit diplomat to some higher numbers for the capital building.

Yes so i increased the limits of merchants, spies, assasins on the capital building lines of agent_limit. and it worked I can recruit my diplomats without destroying the capital building in campaign.

yes sorry the city hall buildings have agent diplomat lines only. so I'm assuming that means city halls built in cities should allow for additional diplomats, but the capital building overrides their capabilities by limiting the allowable recruitments. for Ai and player.

But I don't understand why the capital building spawned on turn 69, limiting my diplomats and other agents.

In the vanilla files the city hall line usually increases the agent limit by one. You can also add these back, but in some mods ai diplomats have the nasty behavior of trying to bribe cities which considerable increases turn times, when there are many diplomats.
    I sometimes also have problems with capital building not being rebuilt, but it might be to me making some modifications. Mybe one should rebuilt the Capital script using the tool from https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eb-2013-update .

thanks mate appreciate it.

Sorry for the double post.

I checked again the edb file in baregeomod(which is basically vanilla) and stand corrected, as there is no agent_limit diplomat entry.

When will be released Buff and Shine 2.0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Hi All,

I have been super busy with real life, and I must admit I haven't done all that much work on buff and shine.
    I am currently tinkering on a large patch that addresses as many of the communities concerns as possible. If I could ask all of you a big favour could you please list what you like about the mod, what frustrates you or you hate and what is broken/bugged out.

I'll read all of it, and I'll do my best to fix it - mostly.
    This Mod is so much good that it deserves a one more update (to 2.0).

The OP has been updated in May 2020, has there been some update to the mod?

Also here is the Fog of War free map version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/6lx7j3...ap_fog.7z/file

Extract the file in your Medieval II Total War\mods\BFE\data\world\maps\base and overwrite the existing one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; June 22, 2020 at 02:03 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    Hi All,

I have been super busy with real life, and I must admit I haven't done all that much work on buff and shine.
    I am currently tinkering on a large patch that addresses as many of the communities concerns as possible. If I could ask all of you a big favour could you please list what you like about the mod, what frustrates you or you hate and what is broken/bugged out.

I'll read all of it, and I'll do my best to fix it - mostly.
    Hi Weekend,
    if you'd come back to modding, there're two programs that you might find useful to save time or make a thorough analysis.
    - program transforming EDU into a spreadsheet,
    - program making operations on parameters in EDU or other files.
    Just come back to us :-)
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Shadibadoo's Avatar Tiro

Hate to be this guy but I'm trying to play the mod on a mac (catalina), I can get past turn one but then I get ctd when I hit end turn, plus a massive error. Is the mod not compatible with macOS?

maybe... maybe not! Its better to have a desktop for mods in general

It's a great submod and nice addition for BC! Thanks a lot. But I have one little issue with Bavanids' amblem. To me it looks too low resolution compare to others. Maybe it's just me

Hello WeekendGeneral!

Thank you and all that contributed to the mod - for the cool Buff and Shine submod, it is hard to express how amazing that is. Never thought it would be so fun to play Eastern factions and fascinating to learn more about the history of the Middle East/Central Asia. Great job! I also enjoy the game for its additional challenges (loyalty system - strong/weak ruler, slow expansion, Mongol invasion): I suppose that for most of the experienced TW players the real challenge is only at the early and mid stages of the game, but Buff and Shine is something different: try to survive when a weak king is suddenly elected and your generals rebel, or when the Mongols arrive and you basically understand you cannot defeat them using (only) military force, so you start using diplomacy etc.
    Special thanks for the Kara Khitan faction - probably one of the most unique factions in the whole TW series. I haven't played the game for a while, but here are several bugs and suggestions for Buff&Shine:

Bugs:
    1) The KaraKhitan generals, merchants, diplomats are speechless on the strategic map as well as on the battle map. I think the same is true for Mongols
    3) No conversion from Buddhism to Nestorian Christianity for the Kara Khitans: one can build both temples (which is still fine by me), but no moment in the game when you can actually fully switch to Nestorian Christianity
    3) No monks/priests for Kara Khitans - it would be great to have a buddhist or nestorian monk
    4) You cannot recruit Uighur Spearmen anywhere in your cities/fortresses, only hire them mercenaries. I think it would be logical if you could also recruit them somewhere
    5) Everytime on the battle map where there is Rajput Javelin Elephants (I think that's how they are named), the game crashes

Suggestions:
    1) AI takes too long to make a turn , e.g. 4 to 5 minutes. Any chance of speeding up their turns at least a bit?
    2) It seems that you cannot build guilds in fortresses, it would be great to have a few (swordsmith, horsebreeders etc.)
    3) Would be great to train and recruit hashashims for your army (e.g. if you have master assasin's guild or something)
    4) Indian factions seem to lack building types

I really enjoyed stronger and more aggressive Mongols (like in Buff and Shine 1.6, if I am not mistaken) - that would be more historical, challenging and "fun". Usually by the mid stage of the game in other TW series you have it all settled and the game gradually becomes more predictable and boring. The Mongols change it completely when you play a faction located in the Middle East. Besides, I noticed that after expansion they start weakening anyway (after 1260), so it's not that they would conquer everything.

Thank you again for the great mod!

Anyone have an issue with the Bavandids where they are missing skins on their units?
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    Anyone have an issue with the Bavandids where they are missing skins on their units?
    Me too. I have the same issue.