Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 5.0 - Beta <<<

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 5.0 - Beta <<<

No worries, mate
    We or better I released the beta, because it wasn't clear that I will carry on with modding any time soon. I absolutely agree, this version is definitely far from being finished!
    Sadly, it is not only a couple of months work..
    Well, yes, I'd recommend version 4.0 with its patch, as the actual latest playable version.
    Sure, there is no real pressure to finish it, but your motivation is constantly decreasing over the time
    So it is always to decide between detail and actually finishing the mod. It is one of the most frequent reasons, why mods don't get finished.
    Nevertheless, I am back on track, sadly, on my own, though with some help from Mausolos and M1492 in research.

Many thank's for your praise, very appreciated!
    Of which units do you speak, exactly?
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    No worries, mate
    We or better I released the beta, because it wasn't clear that I will carry on with modding any time soon. I absolutely agree, this version is definitely far from being finished!
    Sadly, it is not only a couple of months work..
    Well, yes, I'd recommend version 4.0 with its patch, as the actual latest playable version.
    Sure, there is no real pressure to finish it, but your motivation is constantly decreasing over the time
    So it is always to decide between detail and actually finishing the mod. It is one of the most frequent reasons, why mods don't get finished.
    Nevertheless, I am back on track, sadly, on my own, though with some help from Mausolos and M1492 in research.

Many thank's for your praise, very appreciated!
    Of which units do you speak, exactly?
    Oh not specific units, like maybe some I glanced at the new factions. For example Siena had this regiment that had wild colours of red and yellow, and was just wondering if it was made like that on purpose.

So I wanted to ask you are falling behind, because you are in need of help with research?
    Are you into extremely detailed research, or just general research?
    Are you looking for just anyone who can lend a hand? Or are you only in need of an expert historian?

I see, well, yes, for Siena it was on purpose.
    The green and yellow or the green and red, represents the city quarters from which these units were drawn. In this case, Contrada del Bruco and Contrade del Drago

No, I am perfectly fine with research, since both have studied history

I would rather need some who is capable of coding, scripting or 2d arts.
    Or just some, who can write all these new unit/faction descriptions.
    That would speed up things for sure!
    Last edited by Aneirin; July 03, 2016 at 05:01 AM.

I am pretty new to this kind of stuff? By putting all the files into a folder do you mean the .exe and the .d01 .d02 and .d03 files into one folder and the .exe will do the work for you?

Exactly

Napoleon1805's Avatar Laetus

The download links for this version of the mod aren't working. I click them and it takes me to google drive and says these files don't exist. Am I doing something wrong or have they been taken down?

Hmm.. if this one is not available, please try the one on ModDB
    I'll look into the issue as soon as I am back home.

I can t download Italian Wars 5.0 beta, I received an error, could somebody help in this issue ? (or sent me a download link)

As I said, please use the link on ModDB.
    I'll look into it when I am back home

Okay, I have updated the link for the download and it should work properly again.

Cheers,
    Aneirin

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

You are a legend, Aneirin.

I'd say you doing quite well yourself

Thank's

Well, I've been watching from the sidelines for a while now -- waiting to play the ultimate version. But today I've finally convinced myself to install this. I just can't stand to wait any longer. Nice work, Aneirin and gang.

Thank's for your praise!
    Well, this version is quite unfinished so I'd really recommend to play 4.1, since that one is much more playable

Well, this version is quite unfinished so I'd really recommend to play 4.1, since that one is much more playable
    Thanks, Aneirin. I'll take your advice and download 4.1, though I may also take a peek at 5.0 just to see what's in store.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much for this mod: I am from Siena and I have always been looking for a MTW mod implementing Siena faction. This is really a dream coming true for me!
    I can also confirm that Bruco and Drago contradas colours are historically accurate (well, they have those colours still nowadays) and in case you need any help with Siena history or units descriptions, I would be happy to help: that would be the smallest thing I could do for receiving such a gift. Thanks again, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Paccius View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you very much for this mod: I am from Siena and I have always been looking for a MTW mod implementing Siena faction. This is really a dream coming true for me!
    I can also confirm that Bruco and Drago contradas colours are historically accurate (well, they have those colours still nowadays) and in case you need any help with Siena history or units descriptions, I would be happy to help: that would be the smallest thing I could do for receiving such a gift. Thanks again, man!
    It is our greatest pleasure

Well, if you like you could look into Siena's history during the time of the Italian Wars, since we have only google translater for any kind of Italian texts

It is our greatest pleasure

Well, if you like you could look into Siena's history during the time of the Italian Wars, since we have only google translater for any kind of Italian texts
    Sure, mate: let me go a bit deeper in the game, so that I can see if I can give some help in refining Siena descriptions: I am very interested in my city history (even if I am not an expert of history in general) and I think I can give some actual contribution. Just one more question: why did you choose Bruco and Drago contradas among all? Was it just by chance or was there a specific reason? I am asking because Bruco is my contrada and I am really really glad to have it in the mod! :-)

Great! Just shot me a pm, in case you found something

Well, a good questions and funny coincidence
    I looked up every borough's history and checked which of them were already present during our timeframe. Then I tried to choose those of which I thought they were the most fitting, though I wasn't able to find any reasonable info. In the end I simply took these two because I liked their coat of arms

As soon as 5.0 is ready I will try Genoa and start the Great Foccacia War. Now with Firenze on 4.1, paid 5000 to the French, got overthrown but the new leader is far stronger than the former one so it is a good deal (need 1 or 2 more governors though), kicking everybody's ass but quit isolated, couldnt join the League and nobody wants to ally with me. Warmonger Pope will attack me soon I feel :-p

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast