Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £$€ Best TW Warhammer Prices £$€

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Icon3 £$€ Best TW Warhammer Prices £$€

Dear Total War Community,

this thread might come a bit late but I hope not too late for everyone.

As I haven't seen a similar one up as we had for Attila and Rome 2 I am going to start it right now.

Goal of this thread is to gather the best pre-order (or later) prices for Total War Warhammer, or future DLCs from trustworthy sellers. What qualifies a trustwurthy seller and why buying a key from just any keystore might bring you in troubles will be outlined below. Hence it is not generally forbidden to do so if you take rules of precaution.

As I assume that the general rules gathered for Attila back then still apply to the current Steam procedures and ToS, I copied and pasted them over from the Attila thread (including potential spellings ) and made some adjustments and additions. If you spot any differences please let me know.

Please let this thread prosper too and share your information you have about better prices here as we did on Rogue's Rome 2 thread and my Attila thread.
    Please be fair and do not post affiliate tagged links without mentioning it.
    Thank you very much!

I will try to maintain your submissions and list the best deals in the OP.

FAQ:

Q: why there are 2 different types listed?

A: There are a lot of portals that only sell you a valid a Steam key. You save a lot because you do not pay a boxed version with an installation media. Buying a key only is traditionally much cheaper.

You may prefer this type if:
    - you do not insist to have an installation media
    - don't care about a box in your shelf
    - don't need a manual, most games don't have printed manual that is worth to be called it anyway.
    - if you have a good internet line speed for downloading the game from Steam entirely.
    - please read the offers carefully. Some boxed editions either do not contain a DVD anymore but also just a Steam key and you need to DL the product as well.

If you are a collector or have a slow line speed and mind waiting for the download the boxed version is certainly your prefered choice.

Q: If a buy a key outside Steam, does this harm my rights of Valves refunding policy?
    A:I have not yet make use of the new Steam return policy and a key that I have not bought at Steam so I cannot tell.
    If you want to make use of the Steam return / refund policy please read the conditions carefully. In doubts please contact the key seller support. A good key seller should offer quality support too. As a rule of thumb, please know that you might not "play" a game longer than 2 hours regardless to fulfill the return policy of Steam.
    Your individual accounted play time is visible in your Steam account when you select the game (hours / time played). Trying to launch the game does count as "playtime".

Q: Can I be sure that the game will have my language supported if I buy from a foreign key store
    A: Generally speaking: Yes. The language of the game will match the supported and officially language and audio support as listed in the Steam store. If there are exceptions, those will be mentioned in statements at the key sellers site. But in general terms they will also list the supported languages.

Q: Some sites offer different editions with and without the Chaos Pre order DLC. How about that?
    A: This is true, very unfortunately. Please know that some pages will try to lure a higher price for the preorder DLC "Chaos Race". This should not be valid and necessary as everyone that boughts a valid Steam key will get the Chaos DLC, if the game is bought within the first week after release date according to CA.
    Example: g2play.net Warhammer with DLC / g2play.net "without DLC"

Q: When is the release date of Warhammer ?
    A: Around the 24th May depending your time zone.

Q: is it legal to buy Steam keys from such portals
    A: it is generally but there is one expection: there are some dubious key sellers. But also many undubious have several sites with different or similar names.
    There are a few keys that might bring trouble like (some are marked as "russian VPN activation" etc), means they sell you a key that needs to workaround the region protection of Steam. Russian keys are very very cheap so misusing this protection might save the most. Please notice that I will not include such dubious keys here.

Q: why are the keys so damn cheap?

A: several theories:
    1. the captured the truck or the palettes with Warhammer boxed games just fell of a truck *joking*
    2. they buy big amounts at wholesalers or perhaps directly at the publisher SEGA and get more discounts.
    3. In addition to that I read about they buy packaged games galore unpackage them and sell the keys only. This is still legal too. So they save the upkeep for a storage and the costs a stationary or other online retailers have.

Q: how much can those portals be trusted?

A: Again I will not list untrusted sites in my OP, so I will not include offers "at any cost" but also look out for some checks like site security scoring or preferably list sites I know or I have bought from without troubles. For boxed version I do a basic check but list them more likely.

Q: Do you think it is ok to buy abroad?
    A: Depends. Within the EU shopping is very comfortable across borders. You will not have to pay additional taxes or customs. The price you pay at the store includes all VAT and other taxes. Shipping is mostly for free or quite cheap. Sometimes the savings are so high that this makes even a lot of sense. It did make sense to buy Rome 2 at amazon.co.uk for example (saved 15 € comparing to amazon.de or compared to the Steam Store). Please know that also here Steam region restriction applies, so e.g. EU users cannot buy keys or boxed versions from Russian stores etc.

Q: Don't you think that supporting that agressive prices will harm the developers or Steam?

A: Well at the end that is your own decision. We have free market economy, so why not use it for your own profit?
    Others do not ask you kindly if you are ok with them to raise your monthly bills / debts, right? It is a fact that especially Steam is milking EU and US customers with extraordinarly high prices compared to other countries with other currencies. Especially when you care to have a look at the exchange rates.

Q: What about getting the game gifted from a Store or friend?
    A: Yes there is one I know actually. A friend that you trust can buy a copy of the game for gifting. For this purpose I will list several Steam prices in the OP, so you can guess if it is worth to ask him / her about. The friend will retain the key in his inventory and can gift you the game via Steam directly, this is still a legal way to workaround the different regional Steam prices. You could then pay this friend via paypal or similar trusted payment services.
    Please read warnings and limitations below. Gifting is no longer possible across Steam regions e.g. your friends account reside in Russia and you are from US / EU etc.

Warnings:

Limitations to friend or store base "gift" offers:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?673022-Best-TW-Attila-Prices&p=14260448&viewfull=1#post14260448
    and here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14420206

Avoid to buy keys that are part of a key auction or marketplaces. If you want to buy a key, please obeye all security advices (read FAQ) I gave, plus ONLY buy keys suitable for your region that are DIRECTLY OFFERED by the sites above.
    More details: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14335732

I have listed simplycdkeys earlier but I received a report about they ask your a driver license information. This is why I removed their offer.

Same for cdkeys.com. I removed them from my listed offers.
    More details: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14368211

Additional information:
    -> Many Steam key resellers run several shops under different flags, means different sites or domain names but you might spot similarities. Also it could happen that some sites are even faked. Be strongly advised to choose a trustwurthy known site, instead of doubtful ones for the sake of paying a little higher price.

-> There are some comparisons sites like Allkeyshop: http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-t...compare-prices

Boxed:
    amazon.de (EU) - 49,99 € - Type: Key - Additional Information: select the correct edition manually
    amazon.de (EU) - 59,99 € - Type: Boxed incl. DVD

Steam-Key only (digital / no DVD)

g2play.net (worldwide) - 35,91 € - Type: Key - Additional information: [base price = 35,99 € + 1 € buyer protection - 3% discount (Code: allkeyshop3),
    p.s. I had serious issues to complete order using Paypal Express checkout, normal Paypal worked fine though.]

g2a.com (RUS / CIS) - 23,49 € - Type: Key - Additional information: obey Steam Region limit
    cdkeys.com (worldwide) - 36,59 € - Type: Key - Additional Information: none

EXPLAINATIONS:
    < same seller, regional sites
    *Steam authorized official reseller
    Link to offer (valid Steam region) - price and currency - Type - Additional information
    Offer / Best offer for this type
    Last edited by alQamar; May 19, 2016 at 02:44 PM. Reason: additions to gifting, refund policy, additions to boxed versions, language support, cosmetic changes
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Ragox's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: $$$ Best TW Warhammer Prices $$$

Thank you very kindly good sir, this was quite helpful to me

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Very helpful! Thanks!

Do you know how g2play buyers protection works? is it useful or not?
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by +Mr.Crow+ View Post
    Very helpful! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragox View Post
    Thank you very kindly good sir, this was quite helpful to me
    You're welcome!

Do you know how g2play buyers protection works? is it useful or not?
    Well I cannot make a clear recommendation to opt-in into this additional protection as I have never had any issues with keys from g2play.net, also because I do not use 3rd party resellers on this site but just buy keys offered by g2play directly. This is also my recommendation (given in the FAQ) for other sites.

Basically if it comes down to terms of law, pretty much you are able to hold the support of the key seller accountable (if directly offered by the site operator and not by a 3rd party reseller) even without this fee, just in case that the key has been issued twice etc. Plain said: I find it a bit awkward to pay for consumer rights that you basically have for free, nevertheless I do not mind to spend 1 buck more if this saves my from any possible trouble.
    Last edited by alQamar; May 15, 2016 at 04:38 AM.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Libertus

Thanks for this! But just to confirm what i've read. I can buy from g2play the 35€ version and i will still get the Chaos? Because i hate it that they put two versions up and on the more expensive one wrote that it comes with Chaos....

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost9489 View Post
    Thanks for this! But just to confirm what i've read. I can buy from g2play the 35€ version and i will still get the Chaos? Because i hate it that they put two versions up and on the more expensive one wrote that it comes with Chaos....
    A very good question Ghost!

I could only held Creative Assembly's announcement "liable" for that. They stated that "everyone" will get the Chaos faction that either preorder the game or (and this was later on extended after a bigger community hicc-up) "everyone" that will buy the game within one week after release.

As there are no differences in the activation keys for preordering at Steam or these seller sites you should get the Chaos faction anyway (imho).
    Otherwise paying more for a Chaos faction lacks a lot of sense. If you pre-order a game (please refer the example in the OP) and need to pay a higher price, then you would preliminary pay up for something you should get for free in the first line, isn't it? That's not something that I consider as a pre-order "gift" then.

Have a reference about this:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...er-chaos-free/

he Creative Assembly’s Creative Director (the most creative of men) Mike Simpson explains:
    “The Chaos Warriors have proven to be hugely popular and, by extending the deadline for getting them for free by a week, we can ensure loyal fans who don’t feel like pre-ordering don’t miss out, while still rewarding early adopters whose support is really valuable to us.”
    The free offer will be honoured by all retailers supporting the current pre-order deal, and will run through to 6pm (BST) on May 31st. Good news.
    Then reading the last line, while being a bit nitpicking though - it is unclear what "all retailers supporting the current pre-order deal" means. It could mean that not every key does qualify for this, straightaway. I will certainly receive my key on the 24th and will update my OP accordingly whether I have received the Chaos faction at the lower price or not.

edit:
    Then, if you read the same on other sources it is not so clear. I would understand that everyone that buys a key within 7 days after release gets qualified for the free Chaos faction DLC:

Total War: Warhammer is out on May 24. So, if you're going to be getting the game and want Chaos Warriors for free, you'll have to grab it before May 31.
    source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...for-first-week
    Last edited by alQamar; May 15, 2016 at 05:17 AM. Reason: minor changes

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    I can only held Creative Assembly's announcement "liable" for that. They stated that "everyone" will get the Chaos faction that either preorder the game or (and this was later extended after a bigger community hicc-up) everyone that will buy the game within one week after release.

As there are no differences in the activation keys for preordering at Steam or these seller sites you should get the Chaos faction anyway. Otherwise paying more for a chaos faction lacks additional sense at the time your preorder (please refer the example in the OP) as then you would preliminary pay up for something you should get for free in the first line, isn't it? That's not something that I consider as a preorder "gift" then.
    Thanks for confirming and clearing it up! This is my first Total War game i will preorder because the way CA treated us and listened to us

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost9489 View Post
    Thanks for confirming and clearing it up! This is my first Total War game i will preorder because the way CA treated us and listened to us
    Thanks for supporting them. Basically I am very happy that they completely revised their public relation after the issues with Rome 2. I am pretty glad about their open mind when it comes to stating specs and also their much better content declaration so we hopefully won't have threads again like back with Rome 2 where people felt - correctly - twit about what have been advertised and what they got.

I am very certain this won't happen again with Warhammer and also certain that CA cares about those things since Attila.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Thanks for supporting them. Basically I am very happy that they completely revised their public relation after the issues with Rome 2. I am pretty glad about their open mind when it comes to stating specs and also their much better content declaration so we hopefully won't have threads again like back with Rome 2 where people felt - correctly - twit about what have been advertised and what they got.

I am very certain this won't happen again with Warhammer and also certain that CA cares about those things since Attila.
    Yes, they really have changed from Rome 2 and thats why i am supporting them. And i cant wait to see what modders will do when the game comes out. Ah , i cant wait no more. Waaagh!

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: £$€ Best TW Warhammer Prices £$€

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedeals use this for deals of every kind.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/total...c-cd-key-steam

Hey guys, ive just bought the region free game from here and i believe its pretty cheap, its £29.99 but i found out that if you create an account with them and like their facebook page and then you can get another £1.50 off

If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Civitate

Roughly $40 is probably a little too high for my taste at the moment. I'll wait on reviews for the 1st week or so.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

updated the OP, thanks Kamikaze

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi guys I have just received my Warhammer key from g2play.net and started the pre-download. Still I cannot tell news about the Chaos DLC as it is not yet published on Steam
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/404010/

So at the moment I can still trust that it should get unlocked automatically, as said before.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi, the previously more expensive "edition" at g2play including the DLC, which shall be free anyway has considerably dropped in price.

http://www.g2play.net/category/23170...-steam-cd-key/
    the base price currently 39,49 € -3% with the coupon, so which is a remarkable lower than the one "without DLC" linked in the OP which raised from 36,99 to 46,54 €.

As the prices are much more volatile on a nearly daily basis compared back in times for Attila and Rome 2 you should really consider to watch prices carefully and use the recommended comparison site.
    Last edited by alQamar; May 20, 2016 at 12:38 PM.

Sorry if I missed it but do you get steam refund from sites such as G2play etc?

I'd rather pay an extra £10 for this peace of mind. And I did it with Dark souls 3.

Great thread OP!

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

I'm 99% positive that you can only refund your game if you buy it directly on steam.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
    I'm 99% positive that you can only refund your game if you buy it directly on steam.
    that is correct. refund only works when you buy it on steam.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Efix's Avatar Tiro

Canadian customers can buy the game at 47$ (20off Voucher) from greenmangaming instead of the 72$ steam is asking.

Where to BUY Total War: WARHAMMER physical CD copy in U.S?? I've been looking for a physical copy but I could not find one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast