Thread: Any 2D Artists interested in a mod?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Any 2D Artists interested in a mod?

This mod has been put on hold as I've joined a 2nd total overhaul mod, and I doubt I'd have the free time necessary to create the mod.

Roll up! Roll up! 2D Artists, this is your chance to join the mod of the century. I'm in need of someone who is willing to make about 60+ unit cards for me.

I've already posted a thread in the Modders' Classified Ads, but no-one seems to visit that place so I figured I'd come directly here.

Mod Name & Info: This is... Total War! for Total War: Attila.
    The mod will combine various other unit mods (I have already gained permission from each team). These mods are...
    Ancient Empires
    Medieval Kingdoms
    Seven Kingdoms
    Rise of Mordor
    LOTR Galadhrim Elves
    LOTR Gondor Unit Pack
    Qin Unit Mod

Requirements:
    - A 2D artist who is capable of making high quality unit cards (likely 60 to 80, more may be required later down the track)
    - Willing to register on Trello for purposes of collaboration
    - An active Steam account
    - Proper English language skills

Preferably I'd like the unit cards to be similar to those made by the Ancient Empires and Medieval Kingdoms teams (realistic), or those made by the Seven Kingdoms and Rise of Mordor teams (Age of Charlemagne cartoon style).

Mod Progress:
    So far the mod progress is pretty much just started. I'll be unable to do insane amounts of work on the mod until June 16th (when my exams end), but that doesn't mean I'll be completely inactive.
    The factions you'd be making unit cards for would be
    - The Roman Empire
    - The Ptolemaic Kingdom (Egyptians)
    - Vikings
    - China
    - Elves from LOTR
    - Perhaps Sparta (still waiting on permission from the mod creator)

Mod Team Leader(s):
    Me. Here's my TWCenter and my Steam

Notes:
    So far the plan is for the mod to be a custom battle mod. Later down the track there may be a campaign, but a) I don't know how to make a campaign and b) it'd be an insane amount of work.
    I hope to have the first version of the mod finished somewhere between late June and mid July, but the plans aren't concrete of course.

So if you're interested, please private message me on Steam or TWCenter with a unit card based off this unit: Mid Tier Chinese Swordsman

Here is some more information on unit cards, and UI in general, apologies for not including it earlier.

The unit card itself has to be 64x152 pixels and a png file. The in-game UI does cut off quite a bit of the unit card, and as such if you want every pixel of your card to show then you should use the template provided below.

If anyone does volunteer, you can feel free to make your own style of card if you want, the four above were just suggestions.

Now onto the UI. I wasn't planning on requiring anyone who volunteers to also make the UI, but I guess you can if you want? You can have a different UI per faction, or just one for all factions.
    Here's a few examples of the UI and two retextures.
    The vanilla UI:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rise of Mordor UI

A royal UI I got a guy to make for me last year. I'd be in favour of using this one, I really like it.

At this stage though, pretty much just looking for someone to make the unit cards.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 22, 2017 at 08:38 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any 2D Artists interested in a mod?

First of all, wellcome here. I wish you good luck with your project
    I'd apply myself if I wasn't that busy
    Anyway, I hope that you'll find a suitable candidate quikly. If not and if you're not too much in hurry, I can see what I can do for you

Meanwhile, can you give a bit more details about these cards as not everybody is familiar with Attila? What size? What format?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I'd offer but right now I'm rather focused on my own little mod project, among other things. I'll let you know if my schedule clears up any time soon tho.

Just a little point, it might be best to do unit cards from the waist up so the most amount of detail can be fit in.
    Its up to the artist of course, and remember there's no real rush (I can't work on it intensively for a month). I just figured it'd be best to get someone early.

Applications are re-opened btw if anyone is interested.
    I've pretty much balanced all the units already, just gotta do the database work and delete all the models I don't use (which I'm not looking forward to)