Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Official Unit Gameplay Balance Thread

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Official Unit Gameplay Balance Thread

September Release
    the bombard need to be more crew and artillary engines as if i own 2 units each one have 4 engines . 90 crew i think

Will the Mongols be like the huns in this? Be epic to see them declaring war against everyone and reking shop then uniting to stop them.

Blak's Avatar Libertus

I suggest that knightly units for the western factions (and all other that have such ofc) be more expensive to recruit and maintain than other heavy infantry which aren't knights and are not as good as such. Example Bulgarian heavy infantry , it should be cheaper to maintain and recruit than heavy knights(Bulgarian knights are the Bolyars), since it is weaker and obviously less so armed and armoured .

Any historical proof I can provide is simply common sense. As we all know knights were rare commodity and expensive one too. Where other units which can also be elite or late era for factions without knights should be cheaper since it is all they got (and it sounds more fair and balanced that way, to me at least). What else I suggest is that there is cap for knightly units, since knights are nobles they aren't unlimited, cap could be increased through Tech or more land and upgraded cities.

To sum it up in simple words what I mean to say is that heavy infantry (core of the army which doesn't match knights) shouldn't have cap and should be cheaper to maintain and recruit (example again Bulgarian late era heavy inf , it can match knights but in bigger quantities , my experience from multiplayer battles made me suggest all that , thanks for spending your time reading !) .Well my suggestion is little bit off the thread discussed above , but I rly feel that it is something possible and fairly easy to miss out on.
    (wasn't quite sure where to post this)
    Again thanks for reading !

Got it. Naft damage lowered, wait for the next update release.

Have the Foot Men at Arms been fixed?

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

no all 56 melee damage are broken.Only diffrence from before is that french and english man at arms dont have shield wall anymore

Light cavalry is ridiculously fast. 160 is too much. It just looks wierd.

And at least some shock cavalry units needs to perform better in melee. That needs to be tested.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Alright, just a reminder. Time to post Gameplay Balance suggestions for the November 12, 2016 patch.

See the Opening post for more info.
    1. The date of the mod version when released.

2. The unit(s) that is to be changed, and it's faction(s).

3. What is the proposed change to the unit(s)?

4. Explain why the change of the unit will benefit and improve gameplay.

5. Describe the situation. Describe the environment settings if possible. How can somebody else besides you recreate the scenario that resulted in your appeal to change the unit(s)?

6. (optional) Provide any screenshots or videos of the gameplay that supports the need of the change.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

1. 17/11/16

2. Hommes d'Armes (High) for Latin Empire

3. Needs higher missile block chance

4. This unit has some of the largest shields I have ever seen, yet it has poor missile block chance? I can understand it from a point of balancing but visually it doesn't comply.

5. I'm not quite sure what to write here to be honest.

England and France should get Late and High era knights like the Holy Roman Empire. England should also get shielded spear sergeants.

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

1.November Update
    2.Overall prices of units from all factions
    3.All prices should be rebalanced(maybe only exception would be artillery).In default funds you cant get an okish full army(good players would bring 12-15 units).Some units are over priced,others are extremely underpriced compared to other units with same price.
    I would suggest that you copy vanilla atilla's cost of units
    4.Players would bring full armies and not crap armies or small elite army

OK it is official, Sultanate of Rum has the weakest infantry in the game. And why is veteran Ghazi does worse than the normal ghazi in every battle I checked. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbfmJgJiRGQ
    Last edited by OutsiderKK; December 03, 2016 at 09:59 AM.

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

ayyubids's inf do worse in melee than most expensive archers,i hope middle eastern factions get finished soon,because they are rly pathetic

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Bobi_TWR View Post
    ayyubids's inf do worse in melee than most expensive archers,i hope middle eastern factions get finished soon,because they are rly pathetic
    stat wise all Muslim units are crap to the christian factions, exseptmaybe for the Nafatuns,but they need armor.

Any news on when the Muslim factions will be finished?

None yet. Its more along the lines that we just started making stuff for them again.

1. 17/11/16

2. Horse-Archers/Horse-Skirmishers/Light Cav units in general

3. Is it possible to slow them down?

4. 160 speed stat for those cav units are too fast, something like 120-125 would be enough in my opinion.

Dom1no's Avatar Libertus

1. 17/11/16
    2. Heavy Axemen from Duchy of Lesser Poland
    3. Needs higher armor stats it's only 18 add them at least 25 or something like that even spear militia have better stats
    6. Here is the image how they are armoured in game you can see here that they wear brigands and chainmals with plate greaves.

A.
    1. 10/01/17
    2. Byzantine javelin units (and perhaps all)
    3. Needs massively buffed missile damage.
    4. It's presently 31, about half that of their archers, and while more than most Western archers, they don't get the heavy missile option to make them useful.
    5. Epirus vs. Switzerland, guard javelineers throwing at pikemen at near point-blank, and throwing at the rear of swordsmen. The highest casualties inflicted per unit was 4 men.

B.
    1. 10/01/17
    2. All melee/shock cavalry
    3. Increased charge damaged and reduced melee defence
    4. Cav v cav charges inflict literally no casualties.
    5. Every game I've played regardless of the factions and units, heavy cav from both sides crash into each other and deal no damage.

Overall, I think there also needs to be a major rebalance to make Eastern European and Muslim factions viable, as literally nothing they have (aside from foot archers) can stand up to top-tier Western equivalents, especially cav.
    Last edited by Veliky Kaiser Theos; January 10, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Veliky Kaiser Theos View Post
    A.
    1. 10/01/17
    2. Byzantine javelin units (and perhaps all)
    3. Needs massively buffed missile damage.
    4. It's presently 31, about half that of their archers, and while more than most Western archers, they don't get the heavy missile option to make them useful.
    5. Epirus vs. Switzerland, guard javelineers throwing at pikemen at near point-blank, and throwing at the rear of swordsmen. The highest casualties inflicted per unit was 4 men.

B.
    1. 10/01/17
    2. All melee/shock cavalry
    3. Increased charge damaged and reduced melee defence
    4. Cav v cav charges inflict literally no casualties.
    5. Every game I've played regardless of the factions and units, heavy cav from both sides crash into each other and deal no damage.

Overall, I think there also needs to be a major rebalance to make Eastern European and Muslim factions viable, as literally nothing they have (aside from foot archers) can stand up to top-tier Western equivalents, especially cav.
    Hey,i would like to discuss your suggestion.because personally i think some are good but some arent.
    1stly javs need rebalance,but maybe not additional missile damage.Maybe it would be good for example to give them huge AP damage and very little normal dmg,so they could counter units like,Man at Arms.
    The way to balance cav in my opinion is:All melee cav need big buff,just compare the stats of shock cav to melee cav and you will see that melee cav is rly rly bad,compared to shock cav.I think melee cav should get bonus vs cav(+big stat buff).Also the delay between melee attacks should be doubled because when cav pull out they lose half of their unit.+Collision damage should be reduced,cav is too good vs inf
    And about your overall suggestion i completely agree
    Last edited by Bobi_TWR; January 11, 2017 at 02:01 AM.