Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Map

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Campaign Map

Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    Hello everyone!

Hope you guys like it!
    The map>Awesome!!! Stunning work, beautiful!!! Keep up, don't stop now!? So, minor corrections, please, in names; it's Gyulafehervar (loose the "a" after "u" in the name) and Debrecen (not "zu").
    Once more, Awesome !!!

Sorry for not replying before. Thanks for the tips, but this is and old screenshot. Gyulafehervar has been fixed since. Debrezun is a name recorded in the 13th century, it had been decided to use it before I joined, so I didn't change it. If the team decides to change to Debrecen, it will be changed. Thanks for your contributions!
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

I present to you the new Constantinople and Galata. Some minor changes might still be made in the future. Credits for the models go to Miszel.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Former Campaign Manager

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks so much

Dusan Silni's Avatar Tiro

Fantastic work! Just I think Hagia Sophia is too dark on this model, in real life I think her colour is green or dark yellow ?

eatme's Avatar Senator

Very nice indeed, eagerly await to try campaign mode out

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    Sorry for not replying before. Thanks for the tips, but this is and old screenshot. Gyulafehervar has been fixed since. Debrezun is a name recorded in the 13th century, it had been decided to use it before I joined, so I didn't change it. If the team decides to change to Debrecen, it will be changed. Thanks for your contributions!

No problem, I'm just stating the Hungarian name of the city, since and to today, but more important is to keep up the excelent work!
    Constantinople and Galata are beautifful in every aspect of it!!!
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Sorry for the lack of news guys we have really slowed down due to other commitments but our dcdastro has still been doing some little mapping work while he can. All credit is due to dcdastro and to TGC team for allowing us to use their textures for the map which are simply amazing.

Here are some images of brand new map of Anatolia. Still WIP needless to say but for the first build it will do

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Sorry for the lack of news guys we have really slowed down due to other commitments but our dcdastro has still been doing some little mapping work while he can.
    No need to apologize. We should all be thanking you guys on bended knee.

Here are some images of brand new map of Anatolia. Still WIP needless to say but for the first build it will do
    If I understand correctly, work on building the campaign map has been completed for the first release?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

First build??

the map is great

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post

If I understand correctly, work on building the campaign map has been completed for the first release?
    No, I was referring to Anatolia. Work on the Anatolia part is completed for first release.

I mean the map is playable, all the towns are there but there is no vegetation/terrain features in Moldova, Ukraine area, and same there is no vegetation/terrain features North of the Alps. Also, still need to import all the settlement models that we created. There is still a fair few that have not been implemented. It could be done in a matter of weeks but our mapper is very busy with family and a well deserved holiday so he wont be working on it until July

Anybody out there looking foward for some ambush in the Alps?

I haven't been communicating much, but rest assured that lots of work is being done on the map
    Former Campaign Manager

So good!

Some of these images have previously been showed, but here are the proper previews:
    Crimea:

Steppes:

Moldova:

Former Campaign Manager

I like medieval mod maps better thn attila/rome 2 maps.They are so uninspiring and unatractive.They have ugly colors and are to wide somehow they seem to me like the continents are made out od papir like those 3D maps.Everything in rome/attila looks like shalow unstabile atraps and if i click it will turn to dust or the game will crash

This terain looks beutiful and existing,the colors are eye candy!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Good job, people!

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

indeed amazing work!

dcdastro you sneaky bastard so you finished Moldova too! Very nice and great work indeed. The map is shaping up just swell!

Conneseurs will notice PSFs and villages representing settlements which did not make it in the mod. For example, next to the wonderful unique model of Cetatea Alba/Akkerman you will notice on the other side of the Dniester the cities of Mayaky and Maurocastro and and also forther up a PSF representing the fortress of Khadjibey (current Odessa) filled with Tatars.

In Genoese held Crimea known as Gazaria you will notice two PSFs representing Theodoro and Sudak and over the border a PSF representing Qirk Yer and at the entrance in Crimea we have Perekop as a PSF. The place will be very hard to control by one single faction and the Tatars and Genoese will have some big battles there alogn with some forgotten Romans in Theodoro!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

well done!

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

dcdastro you sneaky bastard so you finished Moldova too! Very nice and great work indeed. The map is shaping up just swell!

Conneseurs will notice PSFs and villages representing settlements which did not make it in the mod. For example, next to the wonderful unique model of Cetatea Alba/Akkerman you will notice on the other side of the Dniester the cities of Mayaky and Maurocastro and and also forther up a PSF representing the fortress of Khadjibey (current Odessa) filled with Tatars.

In Genoese held Crimea known as Gazaria you will notice two PSFs representing Theodoro and Sudak and over the border a PSF representing Qirk Yer and at the entrance in Crimea we have Perekop as a PSF. The place will be very hard to control by one single faction and the Tatars and Genoese will have some big battles there alogn with some forgotten Romans in Theodoro!
    Looks gorgeous! it will be a very fascinating region to explore and to build an empire.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance