Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Map

Default Re: Campaign Map

Well, since you lived in the region, your compliment really means something special. I am happy you liked it!

Every single thread regarding Balkans, since my discovery of the internet, ends up the same - unnecessary flaming and arguments how everyone is a Serb, Croat, Bosnian, Ottoman, Hungarian, Mesopotamian, Martian and what not. It's been like this around Tsardoms for years, as I have been monitoring the developement of this mod. I guess you silly modders didn't know what you were getting yourself into by making this hahaha. One wrong word can set people on fire

Now to the rest of you petty internet fighters, for God's sake, these people are spending day and night, probably alongside their regular jobs, to bring us something in which we all can enjoy and immerse ourselves into. No one is paying them to do this and they do it for the sake of the community and players. You think it's funny when they post a thread where they look for feedback and give previews, just to find 20 new pages in the morning about unnecessary gibberish that does not belong here?

Compliment the guys, give them suggestions, give them critiques and talk nicely to point out to some flaws if there are any, but do it in a nice manner. Don't be so robust or crude. I'm not a modder, but I did create a lot of things in my lifetime, some in real life, some on computer... and it hurts as hell when you work so hard to create and present something just to see it pissed on by some silly and unnecessarily rude comments. Now you have to understand one thing, what you may not percieve as rude, may be percieved as such by people who spent 5-6 hours straight in making something, go happily around showing it and get a comment that isn't morale boosting... especially on the internet where you cannot express yourself clearly.

I'm glad that this mod has finally picked up its pace as it was stagnate for some time now. Many gave up on it I believe. You guys are doing excellent job in finally finishing it. Those unique settlement moddels are awesome and I honestly don't care if the walls are from 19th, 17th or 12th century as long as they look badass

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures and previews. Also, it's "Bobovac", has no "h" at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Azendar View Post
    Every single thread regarding Balkans, since my discovery of the internet, ends up the same - unnecessary flaming and arguments how everyone is a Serb, Croat, Bosnian, Ottoman, Hungarian, Mesopotamian, Martian and what not. It's been like this around Tsardoms for years, as I have been monitoring the developement of this mod. I guess you silly modders didn't know what you were getting yourself into by making this hahaha. One wrong word can set people on fire

Now to the rest of you petty internet fighters, for God's sake, these people are spending day and night, probably alongside their regular jobs, to bring us something in which we all can enjoy and immerse ourselves into. No one is paying them to do this and they do it for the sake of the community and players. You think it's funny when they post a thread where they look for feedback and give previews, just to find 20 new pages in the morning about unnecessary gibberish that does not belong here?

Compliment the guys, give them suggestions, give them critiques and talk nicely to point out to some flaws if there are any, but do it in a nice manner. Don't be so robust or crude. I'm not a modder, but I did create a lot of things in my lifetime, some in real life, some on computer... and it hurts as hell when you work so hard to create and present something just to see it pissed on by some silly and unnecessarily rude comments. Now you have to understand one thing, what you may not percieve as rude, may be percieved as such by people who spent 5-6 hours straight in making something, go happily around showing it and get a comment that isn't morale boosting... especially on the internet where you cannot express yourself clearly.

I'm glad that this mod has finally picked up its pace as it was stagnate for some time now. Many gave up on it I believe. You guys are doing excellent job in finally finishing it. Those unique settlement moddels are awesome and I honestly don't care if the walls are from 19th, 17th or 12th century as long as they look badass

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures and previews. Also, it's "Bobovac", has no "h" at the end
    It is really, really nice to see someone being this empathetic. You've understood and expressed very well how I feel sometimes. I get it, historical rivalries and nationalistic issues are very delicate, within the core of some people identities, specially when there were ethnic conflicts and bloody wars happened less than three decades ago. In this context, even the most well-intentioned people might get carried away. What really upsets me, is that in some cases people fail to realize something you pointed out: we are not their employees, nor of CA's. Sometimes decisions will be made that will not make everybody happy. However, they must understand that the decisions are made at our own discretion. We don't make these decision lightly, we discuss them carefully. If someone disagrees, they can politely offer us their point of view, NOT as if we HAD TO change it in the way they wanted. If we think it is appropriate, we can reconsider. If not, we keep our previous decision. If the person still disagrees, they can wait for the mod to be released, then edit it as they wish. That's how I learned to mod in the first place. In some other situations, a tiny discusion becomes an avalanche, because they feel the need to give the last word on the argument, how they are right about a specific topic, and forget that the point here is discussing the development of this mod, not personal views on historical or geopolitical questions.

I got a little out of topic, but I tought it was important to take the time to answer propperly your very considerate post. Thank you so much for your comments, it really gave me some extra motivation.

About Bobovac, this had been pointed out before by team members and will be fixed. Thank you for pointing it out anyway!

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    yep, serbianwolf is just stating facts actualy
    Yes, but so are others, several medieval(11th and 12th century also) sources state both Croats and Serbs in the entire wider Duklja area, you cannot just use DAI and discard the rest.

We should not further dwelve into this discussion here as it is unnecessary, we were warned.

I apologize for the link posting of sources in Croatian language, but in my defense, I was reacting to someone posting a 19th century nationalist political pamflet and presenting it as an actual census and population source.

Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    I also present to you, the Dalmatian coastline.
    The map images are amazing, it is proper work.

Merely three questions?

1) Why is the name of Knin Tinin(the name is wrong even if you take Latin or Greek into account)

2) Why is the name of Zadar Jadera?

3) When you post the images of Bosnia, could you include Croatia along with it for border criticism?

The names are as they were when the map was given to me. Tinin however had already been pointed out within the team as needed fixing as Knin. About Zadar you would have to ask our Croatian historian Hrobatos. Croatia and Bosnia are probably gonna be the last regions where I am going to work the terrain, since it is adjacent to the Balkans, already done by the original mapper, some decisions will need to be made. I just did the coastlines as I was fixing the map_heights in the entire map.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Thr names are all from the old version, Dcadastro works on climates, terrains, coastlines, heights etc.
    Names of the most cities will be local, according to the language of the nation that currently holds them.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    Names of the most cities will be local, according to the language of the nation that currently holds them.
    Uh oh....
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    We should not further dwelve into this discussion here as it is unnecessary, we were warned.
    Agree

Hello! I've installed Tsardoms and when game opens campaign map is map of Europe instead of Balkans. How to fix this? Thanks

Campaign mod is not avaiable. There is only a Custom battles beta.

Have seen here on forums and on some pages campaign maps with cities in Balkan region but this what appears when I open the game i have map of Europe from Medieval 2 with factions from Tsardoms mod.

As I said that is because campaign is not implemented. There is only custom battles. Campaign map is still being worked on.

Ok, thanks for info Tureuki.

The campaign is NOT released to the public yet. It is still being worked on. The download you have is for the battle beta only.

Thanks for info guys. So when will be full version released ?

It will be released when it is finished. We really want it to happen as soon as possible, but it is simply impossible to predict when will that be.

Overview of Bosnia

PS.: ignore the flags on top of the settlements, they will be replaced by proper Bosnian ones.

Great work mate.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Looks nice, but I believe you messed up the location of the Bosnian Hum.

The area westwards of Neretva was Croatia, Bosnian Hum and coastal territory went from the Neretva river eastwards;

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...reaty_1358.png
    Last edited by +Marius+; July 24, 2016 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    Looks nice, but I believe you messed up the location of the Bosnian Hum.

The area westwards of Neretva was Croatia, Bosnian Hum and coastal territory went from the Neretva river eastwards;

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...reaty_1358.png
    Thank you for the tip, you seem to have a point. But I did not alter the borders, I kept them basically as they were, only fitting them to the adjustments I made in rivers and mountains. For now, I am focusing in the ground types, rivers, and settlement positions. We will take your point in consideration when reviewing the province borders.