Thread: Are Minor Factions gonna be playable?

Default Are Minor Factions gonna be playable?

I wouldn't mind playing a minor faction, even if it was just stock units. I'm pretty sure if it isn't in the game it will be modded in. But it would be nice to have it on the 1st day or whatever.

What are you guys thought's?

Default Re: Are Minor Factions gonna be playable?

An even better question: will minor factions have their own units, culture and buildings or will they be copy&paste of major ones? CA seems in the mood for the latter these days and I am really wondering if Kislev, the Border Princes and Estalia will be Empire-clones

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

They are clones, BECAUSE TILIA AND ESTALIA NEVER GOT ANY ARMY BOOKS!

they only have dogs of war, were most of them are from Tilia and one from Estalia (which was lost in lustria)

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

So they will be playable, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ScythesOfCydonia View Post
    So they will be playable, awesome.
    Where did you get that in those two posts ? Bretonnia will be playable, Tilea, estalia, norsca, border princes never being playable is very very likely almost certain. Kislev perhaps but still unlikely.

Then for minor factions of major races some of them might become playable through legendary lord DLCs if we are lucky.

Aside from that mods that enable you to play minor faction are very likely.

^ That

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I can't imagine CA will put too many resources into factions other than the core 16. That's already a lot.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

It'd be great if Tilea and Estalia had at least some variations on Empire units. I mean, they already have the Morion helmet in the art assets...
    'When people stop believing in God, they donít believe in nothing ó they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dalakh View Post
    Where did you get that in those two posts ? Bretonnia will be playable, Tilea, estalia, norsca, border princes never being playable is very very likely almost certain. Kislev perhaps but still unlikely.

Then for minor factions of major races some of them might become playable through legendary lord DLCs if we are lucky.

Aside from that mods that enable you to play minor faction are very likely.
    So the Question is: Will this be possible?

if Yes, how hard will it be to mod them ?

I wouldn't be so sure.

I mean now that faction's have leg. Lords, it could be more difficult to mod them. You can't just enable a player to launch a campaign as estalia. Who the he'll is he gonna have as his leg. Lord? What will the quest battles be? You can't just steal the empire ones, that'd be missing the point anyway. Why play as kislev if youhave to useempire units and Karl Franz as your leader? All you get is to be closer to the cruddy Norscan lands where chaos runs rampant

Tiro

Googling a bit I have found few pictures of mousillon conquering the lands sourrounding them... and they all look like normal vampire general on the campaign map.

I fear then that the trait of a specific culture, Vampire in this case, shall reflect on all other ones. If it is correct for mousillon and the other blood-thirsty folks it's gonna be the same for the Man/Empire people... all Orcs and Dwarves. Maybe not all Dwarves as they are both Evil and not.

So I will bet my 2 cents that minor factions will not be so well-made like the major ones... but at the end i dont care and i want to play a campaign with Norsca Tribes anyway

As we have seen before Kislev is confirmed to have an empire roster. So most likely other human/other races different tribes and what=not will do the same.

Anybody remember in Rome Total War you could go into the files and make all factions playable... the only difference though is that those factions were playable through winning a campaign, though SPQR was not and with a little fiddling you could play as SPQR without any messups and im wondering if the same will be possible with minor factions in TW: Warhammer