Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Football transfer thread.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2016/17 Football transfer thread.

Just been announced Vardy to sign a new contract at Leicester. Fair enough, most Arsenal fans were on the fence about him any way.

Apparently (Sky) have the most likely alternative as 'Lukaku' - I can see the thinking, he's similar to Giroud, a battering ram with better mobility and pace, and goals record has improved each season and he scored 25 (all competitions) last. I doubt we'll get him though, he's been saying for awhile he wants to go back to Chelsea.

Mahrez is still on the radar, though with Vardy deciding to stay that move looks a little less likely.

Ezequiel Garay: CB (Zenit) - Lots of clubs in for him inc Utd and Inter. I don't see Wenger fighting to get him when there are a few CB's around.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Rumour that Utd will put in a £35m bid for Ramsey. http://www.football365.com/news/goss...lampard-ramsey - also reported this is Jose trying to annoy Wenger but he can do that just by standing quietly in a corner.

Blog Entries

Yeh, it's got Mourinho wind up all over it.

Premier League Giants Crystal Palace are breaking with tradition by actually buying players early in the transfer window
    Andros Townsend and Marseille goalie Mandana in, looks possible to be followed by West ham defender Tomkins and Benteke from da scouse

Mourinho bought Mkhitaryan for 42 Milion euros from Borussia.

Rumor as it Alex Telles is to sign for Porto from Galatasaray.

Pogba to Man Utd for 120 mil. euro. Epic move for Juventus which signed him 4 years ago for 0 from the same team.

spy of the council

Things are hotting up... Wijnaldum to Liverpool for £25m http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36846756

Blog Entries

''Arsenal will not be pressured into big-money buys'' - Ivan the useless releases his now traditional foreshadowing of another disappointing transfer window. Yes Xahka looks a very decent buy, but he's not going to get us 10+ points (which we were short of last season) The only thing of interest for Arsenal fans now is wondering at what point in the window you'll actually finally let go of all hope for a star striker coming in.

The rest of Gazidis comments are too full of bollocks to bother repeating.

Blog Entries

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Mahrez agrees to join Arsenal. Exactly when or where or who he was talking too isn't reported by this 'rumour' is being given the kind of validity clubs who actually buy players enjoy.

He'll be great on the wing with Draxler and Higuain/Benzema. Yeh, I'll believe it when I see him holding the shirt.

Higuain is going to Juventus. Don't get your hopes up.

edit: 5 minutes after I wrote this news came out he's already doing medicals in Turin.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; July 23, 2016 at 10:49 AM.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Higuain is going to Juventus. Don't get your hopes up.

edit: 5 minutes after I wrote this news came out he's already doing medicals in Turin.
    Halie was being sarcastic, indicating that the Miharez rumor is as unsubstantiated as previous rumor about Higuain and Drexler.

Personally I agree as Miharez solves zero of the problems with Arsenal right now.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Halie was being sarcastic, indicating that the Miharez rumor is as unsubstantiated as previous rumor about Higuain and Drexler.

Personally I agree as Miharez solves zero of the problems with Arsenal right now.
    he allows Sanchez to play as a striker.

---------Sanchez
    -Cazorla---Ozil---Mahrez
    ----Xhaka-----Ramsey

This team would be the best in the league.

Btw Barca bought Andre Gomes from Valencia for 50 milion euros. Can reach 70 milion.

Word is Barca will release one of their midfielders. ( makes sense) Rakitic agent twiited that is time to go or something like that. Allthough he didnt compromised himself futher.

I also dont belive They will sell rakitic. And andre gomes will need to improve imo, to get in the first eleven. Allthough i know he is way better then what he showed us at the Euro, and barca has been tailing him for quite a while now.. Still i think he has better chances of playing in barca right now then in Madrid, as he was previously being linked to recently.

Also Joao Mario is allmost certain to not stay in Sporting lisbon. BUt no one knows where he is going yet.

(Me personaly im thinking Juve to replace pogba..but that is just me, i might be wrong)
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 23, 2016 at 04:46 PM.

Inter is after Joao Mario afaik.
    I honestly do not see Andrč Gomes as better than Rakitic right now either. He's much younger though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post

---------Sanchez
    -Cazorla---Ozil---Mahrez
    ----Xhaka-----Ramsey

According to reports this morning.......

---------Lacazette
    -Sanchez---Ozil---Mahrez
    ----Cazorla-----Xahka

Possible line up.

spy of the council

Sunday Mirror - not sure how accurate they are though - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ahrez-8478887?

But this offsets that story somewhat as Bellerin is developing into a top-notch defende4r: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...y-over-8467892

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Sunday Mirror - not sure how accurate they are though - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ahrez-8478887?
    75m for Mahrez and Lacazette? Typical Wenger. Is he willing to offer 75.000.001 though?

Blog Entries

Looks like Pogba to Utd = Higuain going to Juve = Napoli - Lacazette?

Napoli has various options, Icardi or Bacca seem more likely for now. Or they might just stick with Gabbiadini and strenghten other positions.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post

---------Sanchez
    -Cazorla---Ozil---Mahrez
    ----Xhaka-----Ramsey

That team does not feel right to me. Is Sanchez really at his best as a central striker, haven't Ramsey shown that he is at his best a bit further up the field and is Cazorla really a good fit as a winger? If Arsenal is to retain their current shape I think they can be pretty much as good with Sanchez on the left, Ramsey, Campbell, Iwobi, Chamberlain or Walcott on the right.

Personally I would go for Ramsey to capitalize on the fact that Hector Bellerin is turning into one of the best right backs in the league and can provide width when Ramsey moves in field. That also leaves room for Cazorla as a deep lying playmaker where he excelled last year and the Mahrez money can be spent on a central defender and a striker.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast