Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Football transfer thread.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2016/17 Football transfer thread.

Iwobi plays on the left, Ramsey is next to useless on the wing, Ox's goal record is worse than mine, Walcott seems to be going backwards every season (I think he's going to go any way), Wenger doesn't rate Campbell (though most Arsenal fans like him). Mahrez is a massive upgrade on all of them. That said, Wenger will probably play him as a striker.

What worries me more is there's such consternation around the striker options, the defence has been neglected again. If we only bought a quality central defender I'd almost be happy, we might not score many but if we stopped conceding so many we'd be a force.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Napoli has various options, Icardi or Bacca seem more likely for now. Or they might just stick with Gabbiadini and strenghten other positions.
    I like Icardi a lot but would Inter let him go so easly? Likewise Bacca? allthough im not realy on par with Serie A this days, i know Inter and Ac Milan arent what they used to be.
    Btw Joao Mario is aparently staying for now anyway.

Bacca is the most reliable of the two, but is also 30 and Milan wants to build a young team and they seem to be obsessed with selling him because he's the only player who can get them lots of cash.
    Icardi scores a lot but also has various downsides. 1 he doesn't play for the team at all. 2 His wife is a social media whore of the worst kind, which distracts him a lot.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Iwobi plays on the left, Ramsey is next to useless on the wing, Ox's goal record is worse than mine, Walcott seems to be going backwards every season (I think he's going to go any way), Wenger doesn't rate Campbell (though most Arsenal fans like him). Mahrez is a massive upgrade on all of them. That said, Wenger will probably play him as a striker.

What worries me more is there's such consternation around the striker options, the defence has been neglected again. If we only bought a quality central defender I'd almost be happy, we might not score many but if we stopped conceding so many we'd be a force.
    I thought Iwobi displaced Walcott for a while on the right? Mahrez is obviously probably better than all of them but I am a firm believer in team consistency and development over buying whatever player had a great season most recently. Ramsey is of course not a natural winger but I liked his movement in the Euro 2016 a lot and figure that with Bellerin overlapping and Özil drifting towards the side it would make sense to have a more "central" right winger than normal.

A good feeling to have all the additions sorted out in time. I'll never understand how the PL teams, with all the money they carelessly waste around, still manage to need all summer just to get ripped off. I guess it's because the yearly summer spectacle has become more important than the game itself. I guess you want as much media coverage and drama as possible if you're about to spend more than 100 million pound for the hottest hype object.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ramsey is one of the best box to box midfielders in the world - he should play next to Xhaka or not at all. Arsenal have a of wingers, but none of them are good apart from Sanchez. And Sanchez is a poor fit with Giroud because he needs space to cut inside, and Giroud doesn't make runs to the wing (thank god) to make that possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I thought Iwobi displaced Walcott for a while on the right? Mahrez is obviously probably better than all of them but I am a firm believer in team consistency and development over buying whatever player had a great season most recently. Ramsey is of course not a natural winger but I liked his movement in the Euro 2016 a lot and figure that with Bellerin overlapping and Özil drifting towards the side it would make sense to have a more "central" right winger than normal.
    The few times I remember him playing he was put in so Sanchez could switch, he seemed more natural coming in off the left to me. Ramsey has played on the right a few times and was more useless than when he plays deep, he just doesn't have the pace to beat defenders on the wing. He'll likely be a direct replacement for Ozil, on occasion he's been better than Ozil, more of a goal threat coming in behind the striker. Much as I love Ozil he's wasted with Giroud up front on his own.

Arsenal have a of wingers, but none of them are good apart from Sanchez. And Sanchez is a poor fit with Giroud because he needs space to cut inside, and Giroud doesn't make runs to the wing (thank god) to make that possible
    I actually rate Campbell, on form he's been better than Ox and Walcott.

Lacazette looks a no go, seen it too many times before, Wenger offers the minimum gets told no and walks away.

Wissam Ben Yedder - Me neither until around 3pm today but it looks like he was Wenger's back up if Lacazette didn't jump.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

According to dutch media Napoli offered Ajax 35 million euros for Milik, somewhat excessive but when you've just received almost thrice that money you do odd things.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    The few times I remember him playing he was put in so Sanchez could switch, he seemed more natural coming in off the left to me. Ramsey has played on the right a few times and was more useless than when he plays deep, he just doesn't have the pace to beat defenders on the wing. He'll likely be a direct replacement for Ozil, on occasion he's been better than Ozil, more of a goal threat coming in behind the striker. Much as I love Ozil he's wasted with Giroud up front on his own.

I actually rate Campbell, on form he's been better than Ox and Walcott.

Lacazette looks a no go, seen it too many times before, Wenger offers the minimum gets told no and walks away.

Wissam Ben Yedder - Me neither until around 3pm today but it looks like he was Wenger's back up if Lacazette didn't jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Ramsey is one of the best box to box midfielders in the world - he should play next to Xhaka or not at all. Arsenal have a of wingers, but none of them are good apart from Sanchez. And Sanchez is a poor fit with Giroud because he needs space to cut inside, and Giroud doesn't make runs to the wing (thank god) to make that possible.
    I think you may be right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    According to dutch media Napoli offered Ajax 35 million euros for Milik, somewhat excessive but when you've just received almost thrice that money you do odd things.
    Waste of money over the fetishization of foreigners.

Blog Entries

In talks with Shkodran Mustafi. Decent player, seen him with Germany a couple of times, pretty good replacement for Mertesacker.

Waste of money over the fetishization of foreigners.
    Andrea Belotti would do better or just the same. Just trowing it arround. Not that i dont dislike Milik, he isnt bad at all. But he is no Lewandosky imo.
    Berardi is a great promisse, but i recon, also very expensive?

I know what you saying , my Porto is a mess right now, in part because of such policies.
    Allthough the new coach seems to be betting on some of the Portuguese youth. Ruben neves, Joao teixeira for instance, but I belive this will be the year of Andre Silva ( The kid will be a star, there is no mistaken him, finaly the quality striker we needed for the national team future) ( what?! Eder is getting older you know )
    But as Porto goes yeah i expect another season without titles S

Still Andre silva delight... Allthough he is just a kid.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In talks with Shkodran Mustafi. Decent player, seen him with Germany a couple of times, pretty good replacement for Mertesacker
    The valencia CB? yeah he is good. Allthough i dont belive Valencia will sell him cheap. Specialy to the premier league. And i hear Mendes has a lot of influence in Valencia. And you know how wenger is with money...
    Btw i read there are other names in the "Gunners" list. Including Martins indi of Porto.

Others would be Mustafi (Valência) of course, but also Manolas (Roma), Koulibaly (Nápoles) and Lindelof (Benfica). They are all good. Indi isnt that good imo. Maybe because i know him better lol.
    But maybe Wenger could make something out of him.
    I hear koeman is also after Indi for Everton. Probably Premier league football is more of a fit for him? due to his physicality. and to be honest Porto needs to sell, and get Proper Center backs right now. We got Felipe from Corinthians wich seems quite good, but we need another one. I hear the paraguaian Gustavo Gomez is on the Porto list. If so that would be a great buy.. as he is probably the best CB withe better potencial playing at South america right now. But there are other european teams after him. Such as Valencia...

Of those i seen more of?
    Is Indi and lindelof, because of the Portuguese league. Lindelof is a beast though. I wouldnt be suprised if he will go to a Madrid or Barca or Bayern or something like that in the near future. He is that good imo, and still young.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 29, 2016 at 04:32 PM.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Milik is probably a good striker but with all the due respect there are plenty of Italian kids that are just as good but don't get a chance because their surname doesn't sound foreign.

Then you end up like England where the names that are undoubtfully good end up costing you a leg and a hand because ''they are rare''.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

TV Money in all leagues - somewhere along the line the bubble will burst but whilst the owners continue to spend these sums, then the agents will continue to up the prices. Last year about 33% of EPL players were British/Irish - I bet this year will be less and other leagues are going the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. Milik is probably a good striker but with all the due respect there are plenty of Italian kids that are just as good but don't get a chance because their surname doesn't sound foreign.

Then you end up like England where the names that are undoubtfully good end up costing you a leg and a hand because ''they are rare''.
    Yeah i belive its like this more and more everywhere. Truly i hear even in Mexico they have similar complaints. wich is odd, but so it goes.
    One thing i have to put my hands down for Benfica, and Sporting in the last couple of years, is that they being betting on young Portuguese players. And its paying off. I mean big time imo. It isnt just Renato Sanches. Of course in the special case of Benfica, they seem to bet on all youth regardless of nationality. They have a roster full of potencial right now.
    The Under 20 world cup winner from Serbia Adrija Zivchovic, also Luka Jovic, they also got Grimaldo from Barcelona a very talented Left back, a young argentinian winger ( wannabe gaitan and Di maria) franco Cervi from Rosario Central. They just completely bought Mitroglu and Raul Jimenez. And they still have Lindlof, and some other Portuguese potencials, like Guedes, Nelson semedo, nuno santos. and on Top of it a manager that its speciality is to deal with youth players.

They are ing scary i tell you lol. allthough without renato Sanches their gameplay seem weaker right now. But it is still early, and season is yet to begin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    The valencia CB? yeah he is good. Allthough i dont belive Valencia will sell him cheap. Specialy to the premier leaguei hear Mendes has a lot of influence in Valencia. And you know how wenger is with money...
    It's odd, his release clause is £42m but for some reason the word is they will let him go for £25m plus add on's. I suspect there's a clause which states if a team in the CL comes for him the main figure is negotiable.

The media was full of 'Mahrez close' stories today, but it looks like another 'new deal' will be struck with Leicester. Sigh...

Been pleased with our transfer activity this summer on the whole (Liverpool), got in some very good fees for fringe players, and strengthened in a couple of key areas. Listed below are our confirmed ins/outs along with their respective fees:Outs: Rossiter (£0.25m), Sinclair (£4m), Teixeira (£0.25m), Vigouroux (£0.4m), Canos (£2.5m), Skrtel (£5.5m), Ibe (£15m), Allen (£11m), Smith (£6m). TOTAL = £45M.Ins: Matip (free), Karius (£4.7m), Mane (£30m), Klavan (£4.2m), Manninger (free), Wijnaldum (£23m). TOTAL = £62M.So, a net spend of £17M. This is a low figure in the context of increased revenues for all prem clubs once again, and this will become even more notable when, and it does seem more a when than if situation, Benteke leaves for ~£30m. I don't have a problem with low net spends if the right players have been brought in, indeed it shows that good business has been done. But why on earth we haven't signed a new LB to replace Moreno when money clearly isn't an issue is simply baffling.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

It's the day of crazy transfers

Ayew that Swansea had got for free just 12 months ago, joins West Ham for 24 mil euro.
    Vermaelen joins Roma from Barcelona on loan with buy clause.
    Pogba should return to Man Utd for above 100+ euros after leaving it for free a few years ago.

Mauro Icardi from inter to Arsenal for 35 Milion euros?

No seriously...

Nah.

And Pogba official for 105 million euros. I hate to say but Juventus probably made the best transfer operation of all times with this kid. Man Utd look like fools.

Plus I'm not even sure he's worth all that money.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast