Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Football transfer thread.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default 2016/17 Football transfer thread.

Yeh that time again...

Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played. However, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June.

With the notable lack of transfer movement in the Premier League last summer, the rise of Leicester, the incoming Pep Guardiola to Man City, Conte to Chelsea, the special one to Utd(?) and Klopp getting a chance to rebuild Liverpool to his preference, this summer has the potential to be the biggest transfer spree to date.

To complicate matters this summer there is also the European championships where clubs will watch concerned their new signings (or potential new signings) could suffer an injury.

Of course according to 'the media' lots of clubs are already making deals. With Bayern already said to have made a deal for Hummels (Dortmund) and Renato Sanches (Benfica).

In the EPL there's much speculation over the newly crowned champions Leicester and their ability to hang on to their (now) star names, with reports today West Ham are set to test their resolve with a bid for Vardy and rumours Arsenal have already made bids for Mahrez and Kante (£40 and £20m respectively) as well as Granit Xhaka. Tottenham are set to move for lallana from Liverpool as well as Saul Niguez from Atletico.

So will there be massive movements this summer, or will Wenger again try to convince the world there just isn't any one worth buying..

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Please do try to remember transfer speculation is often just that, speculation and unless you have 'insider knowledge' your opinions are nothing more than your opinions.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; May 11, 2016 at 06:25 AM.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: 2016/17 Football transfer thread.

well clearly the Kante one is rubbish, Wenger doesn't need a DM any more (well since about 2004 really).

Blog Entries

I put this up before reading the forums today, apparently the bid for Granit is already in, around £34m... So yeh the Kante one must be nonsense, though not for the usual reason.... Finding it hard to believe though. More so because we'll have 3 DM's in the first team squad.. !!!
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; May 11, 2016 at 05:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Apparently the Xhaka bid wasn't made. No surprise there really. So for fun here's some stats...

Kante 25
    Xhaka 23

Height.
    Xhaka. 6' - 1.85
    Kante. 5'5 - 1.69 m

Fee:
    Kante has a 20m release clause.
    Xhaka around £35m (£30m + add ons).

Last season.
    Games k=36 X=26
    Pass completion K=82% X=85%.
    Interceptions K=152. X=72
    Tackles won K=117. X=52
    Goals K=1 X=3.
    Assists K=4 X=1

Smart choice would seem Wenger will go for Kante simply because of the price difference. Making a serious bid for Kante would also weaken Leicester considerably and stop him from going to a PL rival (Chelsea and Utd are both interested). But Wenger is well known for caution when it comes to players who've had one good season under their belt. In which case Xhaka would be the more likely option, with two Swiss titles and 3 solid seasons at BMG. Xhaka played with Elneny at Basel and has 40 caps for Switzerland while Kante has just 2 caps for France, though France has a lot more competition for places.

It's a tough one, if Wenger passes on Kante and he goes to another PL club and has another great season Wenger will look a fool, then again Wenger doesn't seem to care.

In other news, Morata (or some other striker that Wenger can't get) is back on the radar following the news of Welbeck's injury.

Blog Entries

Expert analysis....

Portugal wise the big hit news so far are:
    -35 milion euros, for renato sanches, to Bayern is already oficial. The transfer can reach 80 milion in futuure transfers or reached goals and such.
    At least is the word arround here.

To be honest is a bit risky, cosidering the young age of Renato. He is talented and all, but still. I recon Bayern is willing to develop him futher. Lets hope he has the brains to go along, and doesnt get wasted.

-16 milion euros for Rafa from Braga to Porto.
    Im actualy happy with this transfer. Porto needs players like this, it needs to regain its mystic, again.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 15, 2016 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Arsenal: Xhaka: Personal terms agreed but deal stalled over £1.6m as Arsene refuses to meet BMG's valuation. Groundhog day.

Utd: make formal offer to Ibrahimovic of one year deal with option to take up another year if he does well.

Arsenal/Chelsea: Higuain (it wouldn't be a proper transfer window if Higgy didn't feature) requests reduction in release clause from £74m to a more attractive £46m so he can move..

Blog Entries

Corriere dello Sport reporting Arsenal have tabled a bid for Álvaro Morata, somewhere around £50m. Hmm. Complex one this as Real have a buy back clause of around £23m and are said to be going to activate it and sell him to Arsenal.

Or not.

I like Morata, strong, big, powerful, quick- a cross between Giroud and Welbeck. But £50m!
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; May 18, 2016 at 06:04 PM.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I am certain Arsenal could have won the league if they had bought Ibrahimovic in January and it would really be interesting to see how he do in Manchester United if he goes there.

In general I am looking forward to this transfer window as I think that Leicester have set a trend where teams realize that a solid structure is more important than recruiting the biggest stars. At the same time many clubs (at least in England) are now in a very dangerous position as the competition for the top 4 is stronger than it has been in the last decade or so.
    Last edited by Adar; May 19, 2016 at 04:40 PM.

Blog Entries

So this happened this morning..

Photo's leaked, in next seasons kit, someone's going to cop it...

Last edited by Halie Satanus; May 21, 2016 at 12:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Liverpool signed Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius for a £4.7m.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post

Arsenal/Chelsea: Higuain (it wouldn't be a proper transfer window if Higgy didn't feature) requests reduction in release clause from £74m to a more attractive £46m so he can move..
    Not going to happen. He just made a new all time record of goals in Serie A, his price is going up not down.

Mascherano to Juventus within 15 days.

Didnt Dani Alves also transfer to Juve? with no Transfer fee, i belive.

Rumoured. It is possible.

Blog Entries

Apparently Barca are coming for Bellerin if he Alves goes.

Jose in at Utd.. I'm putting my fan in storage.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, King of Oberhausen?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4160/...rious-contract

Rot-Weiss Oberhausen have offered a contract to Zlatan Ibrahimovic after his release from Paris Saint-Germain.
    And while the semi-professional German minnows, who compete in Regionalliga West, are unlikely to offer the star the pay packet he is used to, there are a number of perks in the offer.
    Zlatan will effectively be given the keys to the city, with the Ebertbad, a venue which houses concerts, theatre productions and other cultural activities, to be filled with water should the striker fancy a swim.

More impressively, though, the city of Oberhausen have promised to implement a monarchy and name Ibrahimovic as the king.
    And as such is the power of the Sweden international, Ewo, the city’s electricity supplier, will supply customers from Zlatan’s house.
    Then, having had Ikea re-build their new stand, they would sell Schweden-Happen instead of Bratwurst, and the famous local beer ‘KonigPilsener’ will be re-branded as ‘Ibrahimovic Pilsener’.
    It’s not your normal contract offer, but it would massage the Swede’s ego nicely.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Gundogan announced at City.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic, King of Oberhausen?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4160/...rious-contract
    Fairly sure he's considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude with the Food View Post
    Gundogan announced at City.
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

What do you think will happen to Ihenacho undee Guardiola? I think he would be a foul if he doesn't use his potential. Same could be said to other city youngsters like Denayer.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    What do you think will happen to Ihenacho undee Guardiola? I think he would be a foul if he doesn't use his potential. Same could be said to other city youngsters like Denayer.
    He'll be benched. He doesn't have enough technical ability to play for Guardiola.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast