Thread: VI2:DoB Updated with TLK: WotN music!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default VI2:DoB Updated with TLK: WotN music!

I think this is Viking Invasion 2, with the Dominion of Britannia expansion, as the East Angles and Ui Neil seems to be playable. Install by placing descr_sounds_music in your VI2/DATA-folder and the sounds-folder in the same folder, replacing the old folder and file.

This add-on will replace the old music completely, and add the much more epic music from my submod The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen!

I have added all the tracks for the Norse/Denmark/Geatland/Gutland and some Slavs/Rus music from my WotN Music submod. So this mod will give Viking Invasion 2: Dominion of Britannia -the VIKING music of WotN. This work in particular was finished in may 2016.

And today i found out that it was pretty simple to add music to the Celts and Saxons as well, as they seem to have been using three different cultures. As such i did take the time and port the music from 2017's TLk: WotN release as well.

I've updated my ported Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS MUSIC SUBMOD to the music of The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen - it has the same old Viking music but new music for the Saxons and the Celts.

I've added the Anglo-Saxon and Celtic music from TLK: WotN (Medieval 2 mod) to this mod.

- The Hun culture (Denmark/Norwegians) have the Denmark/Geatland/Norse & Slavs/Rus music.

- The Barbarian culture (Mercia, East Angles, Northumbria & West Saxons) have the Anglo-Saxon music.

- The Nomad culture (Welsh, Ui Neil, Munster and Alba) have the Celtic music.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/viking-in...od-for-vi2-dob
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 19, 2019 at 06:07 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: VI2:DoB Updated with TLK: WotN music!

I've updated my ported Wrath of the Norsemen VIKINGS MUSIC SUBMOD to the music of The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen - it has the same old Viking music but new music for the Saxons and the Celts.

I've added the Anglo-Saxon and Celtic music from TLK: WotN (Medieval 2 mod) to this mod.

- The Hun culture (Denmark/Norwegians) have the Denmark/Geatland/Norse & Slavs/Rus music.

- The Barbarian culture (Mercia, East Angles, Northumbria & West Saxons) have the Anglo-Saxon music.

- The Nomad culture (Welsh, Ui Neil, Munster and Alba) have the Celtic music.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/viking-in...od-for-vi2-dob
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Hi, I was wondering why you didn't use "(Britannia_Main_Menu)_Dream_of_Albion" for the Frontend Main Menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Hi, I was wondering why you didn't use "(Britannia_Main_Menu)_Dream_of_Albion" for the Frontend Main Menu?
    Because this music mod was originally for the mod Wrath of the Norsemen, not The Last Kingdom- and because it is based on the Vikings TV-show originally. But later when i ported it to TLK i added new music for the Saxons and Gwynedd etc- from mainly the TLK TV-show, and the older Merlin mini series and later full length movie. The Merlin-movie that inspired Lord of the Rings in terms of battles. As it were created in 1998 - while LotR came in 2000.

The Britannia_Main_Menu is an old TLK song that i didn't think were a part of the music submod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 05, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

- The Havamal

Hi Mr_Nygren. Thanks for making this version available to the community. Unfortunately, I got here too late and the file is no longer available on moddb. Any chance you could reupload to another site?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Hi Mr_Nygren. Thanks for making this version available to the community. Unfortunately, I got here too late and the file is no longer available on moddb. Any chance you could reupload to another site?

Cheers!
    Unfortunately I did manage to delete the mod and therefore the music-mod as I had forgotten where it was placed..

I do still have the music-mod of "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" for Medieval 2 - but it would need to be re-adjusted and re-implemented for Viking Invasion 2.

Unlike Med2 music is culture-specific in RTW so certain changes are required which I would need to do again. Maybe in the future I will.

- The Havamal