Thread: Total War Warhammer: Standard Bearers

Archilles's Avatar Semisalis

Default Total War Warhammer: Standard Bearers

So there are only a few days left until we will play Total War Warhammer for the first time!

There isnīt much time left, and until now, we havenīt seen any standard bearers like this:

So... what do we know about the standard bearers? Are they confirmed? Are they cut out? Are they a DLC ?

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Total War Warhammer: Standard Bearers

Standards exist as a game mechanic, but there are no standard bearers. (unfortunate but I don't really mind it all that much)
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Well... among all the other simplifications CA made this is nothing. Im talking about the lack of the food mechanic naval battles and all cities being forts. But thats how things are i guess

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    Standards exist as a game mechanic, but there are no standard bearers. (unfortunate but I don't really mind it all that much)
    OMG... where did they confirme this?

Standard Bearers are my absolute favorites in an unit! This is the peace of an unit, that made them look like a real army :p

The lack of food mechanic is bad too

Why? Did anyone ever play TW, the game of epic battles, to spend over half the game as the Imperial Plumber and head of Agriculture? Shogun-at least Napoleon I don;t know about Shogun 2 had no food resource, the resource is relatively new as far as I can tell. Not even Paradox games which are BASED on the idea of Empire building and manegment have food resources. I really don't see how it would matter.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkrunch View Post
    Why? Did anyone ever play TW, the game of epic battles, to spend over half the game as the Imperial Plumber and head of Agriculture?
    Hahaha that's a good descriptive of Rome 1. Rome: Total War- Imperial Plumber. I don't think I've ever been so scared of poor sanitation in my life.

But yeah, there aren't any Standard Bearers they are mostly the same as magical items now. There are some good discussion threads about it somewhere.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

They will either be added officially or by a mod.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

If they're not included, it won't bother me much. The effects the standard bearers gave to their unit is probably covered by the boosts the Leaders are capable of giving, and probably a lot more powerful.

What I would like to see is the Leader being able to be integrated into a combat unit, as is the case in other TW games. At the moment all I've seen is them being single units and easily targeted.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Im more worried about the apparent lack of officer units at all? That seems like a very odd design decision if it's true.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

There is another thread for this right? Someone want to merge them?

Quote Originally Posted by Marsonus III View Post
    If they're not included, it won't bother me much. The effects the standard bearers gave to their unit is probably covered by the boosts the Leaders are capable of giving, and probably a lot more powerful.

What I would like to see is the Leader being able to be integrated into a combat unit, as is the case in other TW games. At the moment all I've seen is them being single units and easily targeted.
    The standard bearers in the old games are much more like an optical thing! And in Warhammer they look absulutly fantastic! There are humans with big flags, vampires with skulls, and so on...

in the table top game they are in every unit... so do the musicians

Quote Originally Posted by Marsonus III View Post

Effects?
    Standard bearers were only a visual aspect for immersion, were they not?
    Like the centurion and standard bearer below.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

He means in Tabletop Warhammer. From what I understand, officers, standardbearers, and musicians were all important parts of units.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Honestly I would like more a " Command Team" DLC as a additional quest DLC.

Without them the Formation looks strange. I don't like it.
    Hopefully we can add as mod.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.