Thread: export_descr_buildings problem

Default export_descr_buildings problem

So I'm playing TATW MOS and I wanted to make generals recruitable. I copied another unit (Dale Woodsmen) and pasted it changing only the name of the unit to "Bardian Archers" which is the bodyguard version (I think). In-game the unit shows up in the archery range info, says it should be recruitable, but in the recruitment tab for the settlement there is no icon to click. Playing a few turns doesnt seem to sort it out either. Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? I've tried copying different units and changing the name, but its always the same problem.

Ive added general units to other factions with no problems, but I can't get Dale to work...

Thanks for reading, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: export_descr_buildings problem

Post the recruitment line here; you may have given it a zero starting pool, and refresh low enough that "a few turns" isn't long enough for it to appear.

Also, what did you do in the EDU? And did you create a corresponding export_units entry?

recruit_pool "Bardian Archers" 1 0.06 1 2 requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion northmen 75 and hidden_resource grasland and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruit_pool "Bardian Archers" 1 0.04 1 2 requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion northmen 75 and hidden_resource forest and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruit_pool "Bardian Archers" 1 0.03 1 2 requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion northmen 75 and hidden_resource desert and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruit_pool "Bardian Archers" 1 0.03 1 2 requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion northmen 75 and hidden_resource mountains and not event_counter is_the_ai 1

The unit already had an entry in export_units although I changed its name in-game. General's bodyguard units get free upkeep in towns with archery ranges now, so I know the game thinks they're recruitable, there's just no button to push to do it.

Turns out it's something with the note++... if I copy and paste the unit names, they don't appear in the recruitment tab, but show up in the building info, etc. If I type the name in it appears and is recruitable.

Have you viewed it with View>Show>All Characters? You might have tabs instead of spaces in the lines.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist