Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

  1. #1
    Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,927

    Default BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Per requests this is the Battle AI setting from Bran Empire Campaign AI for those who wanted only the BAI stuff and not the campaign stuff.. ENJOY Better line cohesion formations,better line battles,deadly melee,deadly cavalry flanking,morale-enemy will reform and attack,fatigue-units will not get too tired walking across the battlefield.
    This is in Movie format so just unpack it into your Empire Data folder.1/10/18
    Feedback is most welcome.

    WARS OF THE GODS-ANCIENT WARS
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193736354
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 06, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Is this with weapon settings (range etc...)? I'll probably try this tomorrow, because your CAI is unfortunately too succeptible to ottolag.

  3. #3
    Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Yes.

  4. #4

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Very useful mod! Good job!

  5. #5
    Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,861

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    I am really enjoying using your battle AI mod! The combination of longer range for muskets with low accuracy at long range means that preserving ammunition is much more of an issue. I'm more conscious of managing limited resources in battles, there is more of a need to replace units which are tired and low on ammunition with reserves (and to order some units to hold their fire early in the battle, until they are at close range).

    Not only do enemy units re-form after routing - in a battle at Quebec, I saw three infantry units which had routed recover and form a new line. It was as if a brave officer had taken command of this part of the army and decided to form a rearguard, holding my army back while other units fled the battlefield. The fact that enemy units are more likely to return to the fight makes it more important to use cavalry to pursue broken units and to keep watching different areas of the battlefield. I can imaging my army becoming surrounded, if I keep sending infantry forward without pursuing defeated enemies and if enemy units re-form all around my army - that would seem especially appropriate with factions which use 'hit and run' guerrilla tactics.

    I've seen enemy cavalry used to much better effect. In one battle, I ran my militia infantry to occupy a high ride overlooking the enemy infantry and cannon. The enemy cannon started firing on my infantry (while my cannon were still being pulled towards the ridge) while the enemy cavalry charged my rangers; if my general and his bodyguard had not counter-charged to defend my light infantry, then the battle might have been lost.

    I warmly recommend this mod to anyone who would like battles to be more exciting and challenging!
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 13, 2017 at 03:00 AM.

  6. #6
    Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Sweden
    Posts
    4,006

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I warmly recommend this mod to anyone who would like battles to be more exciting and challenging!
    And I am one of those people who love intense battles, especially a duel between both armies artillery, not howitzers, in the beginning of a battle.


    Since you mention cavalry, I want to ask Bran Mac Born about the animation issue that the cavalry got after enabling the vertical synchronization in-game. Once the player touches that all cavalry get this animation issue.

    Also, I assume this BAI mod is compatible with ETF.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

  7. #7
    Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,861

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    And I am one of those people who love intense battles, especially a duel between both armies artillery, not howitzers, in the beginning of a battle.
    Me too! The enemy cannon inflicted significant losses on my militia infantry (I could have kept my infantry line behind the ridge line, but then they would not have had line of sight to fire on advancing enemy infantry. When my cannon finally reached the ridge and opened fire, I was relieved!)


    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Since you mention cavalry, I want to ask Bran Mac Born about the animation issue that the cavalry got after enabling the vertical synchronization in-game. Once the player touches that all cavalry get this animation issue.
    Ah, the weird animation issue where cavalry sometimes appear to be slightly ahead of their horses. Yes, I have seen that. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? (I don't know what vertical synchronization is, or how it can be enabled. If enabling it causes this animation glitch, can it be disabled without causing problems?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Also, I assume this BAI mod is compatible with ETF.
    Yes, it is! I'm having a great time with the combination of husserlTW's Empire Total Factions, Bran Mac Born's Battle AI mod and Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Mod. (I like playing as minor and emergent factions. Playing a minor/emergent faction with less powerful units (such as voluntary infantry) while the AI is more effective on the battlefield (because of Bran's BAI mod) and has some more powerful units (added by AUM) has generated some very exciting battles! I'm playing on Hard campaign difficulty, because I like AI factions using some elite units while having some chance at diplomacy and Normal battle difficulty, because battles are challenging enough already.)
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 14, 2017 at 02:41 AM.

  8. #8
    Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Sweden
    Posts
    4,006

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Me too! The enemy cannon inflicted significant losses on my militia infantry (I could have kept my infantry line behind the ridge line, but then they would not have had line of sight to fire on advancing enemy infantry. When my cannon finally reached the ridge and opened fire, I was relieved!)
    I can imagine that and that is what makes ETW an awesome game. Which is why I have ETW as one of my favorite (MTW, RTW-Gold, ETW, NTW) TW games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Ah, the weird animation issue where cavalry sometimes appear to be slightly ahead of their horses. Yes, I have seen that. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? (I don't know what vertical synchronization is, or how it can be enabled. If enabling it causes this animation glitch, can it be disabled without causing problems?)
    Yes, there is a way to prevent that from appearing in-game and that has to do, from my understanding, with what focus you have on a cavalry unit in a battle. That setting can be enabled via options in the in-game menu.

    - Zoom out will *trigger* this animation issue
    - Zoom in will *remove* this animation issue

    The little I know about graphics is that the vertical synchronization are supposed to reduce tearing in graphics e.g some forts have graphical tearing in their walls, meaning a piece of a wall section are not properly connected to the other pieces.

    Unfortunately, no and like I said once the player touches that setting this animation issue is permanent and will only be *fixed* by reinstalling ETW without touching the vertical synchronization setting at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Yes, it is! I'm having a great time with the combination of husserlTW's Empire Total Factions, Bran Mac Born's Battle AI mod and Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Mod. (I like playing as minor and emergent factions. Playing a minor/emergent faction with less powerful units (such as voluntary infantry) while the AI is more effective on the battlefield (because of Bran's BAI mod) and has some more powerful units (added by AUM) has generated some very exciting battles! I'm playing on Hard campaign difficulty, because I like AI factions using some elite units while having some chance at diplomacy and Normal battle difficulty, because battles are challenging enough already.)
    I notice that last night when I installed Bran Mac Born's BAI mod then I re-loaded an old save I had of the Road to Independence (3rd chapter) campaign scenario.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 14, 2017 at 04:58 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

  9. #9
    Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    I play with v-sync off. change it in your preferences script file.
    gfx_vsync false; # gfx_vsync <bool>, vertical synchronization # Make sure you after you change it to false then Save, open properties of the file and set to
    READ ONLY.
    .

  10. #10
    Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    UPDATE: New Morale and Fatigue settings. Units should not get too tired too quickly and keep their formations tidy and also will be more scared of artillery fire. post #1

  11. #11
    Sir Sloaks's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Thank you Bran for updating this +1

  12. #12

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    I cant seem to locate the file. Do I miss something? ...

  13. #13
    Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,861

    Default Re: BRAN'S EMPIRE BATTLE AI MOD

    Tempestora, the download link is in the OP, under the heading 'Attached Files' select Bran_Empire_BAI.rar.

    (The file needs to be unzipped and it needs to go in your Empire Total War data folder.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •