Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TSARDOMS TOTAL WAR - BATTLE BETA RELEASE

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: TSARDOMS TOTAL WAR - BATTLE BETA RELEASE

Ok we understand you have stated your opinion, i have stated that it can be changed no problems. No more discussions on this. That is why the Bosnian thread was closed.

Oke thank you

Good luck with the mod. I will keep following it. I see you did a great job!
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

It's not a place for this discussion. Nobody is going to convince anybody. Pls stop.
    We need help in getting references and resources, but decisions how we use it and what interpretation we prefer is up to us.

All Bosnia related discussions have been moved to another thread. This thread is called BATTLE BETA. Any posts not related to the battle beta will be instantly deleted and repeat offenders will get infractions.

Discussions about minute and uncertain historical details have no place in this thread and all they do is clog up the forum. Arguments involving walls of text are not of interest to anyone.

vasiooo's Avatar Libertus

I am glad to see you released the mod, is fascinating, and you deserve many words of thanks.
    I am a bit unhappy that Voivodship of Maramures was totally ignored, and I would explain why.
    Not as if Voivodship of Maramureş was so pivotal for the world history, but was important, if we take the mod timeline and the region is focused) because if not for Maramures, we would not have Moldova in the mod, lords of Maramures fought against the tartars, liberated the almost deserted land of Moldova and made a country there out of a tartar slave hunting ground.

But also there would be a very nice plus for the mod scenario to add Maramures.

When the mod starts, Moldova is a march under control of Maramures house of Giulesti(Drag was a cadet branch of Giuleşti), while Maramures is under the house of Cuhea, allied with the House of Dolha, who rules the Bârjava Voievodship.

When the war [this is a bit complicated because all started with a feud between a Hungarian noble and Crăciun of Bilca, Voievod of Bârjava. Bogdan, Iuga and his sons took Crăciun side, the king took the side of the Hungarian lord, so house of Giuleşti, being vassal to both the king and the voievod of Maramureş had to chose between them. And wanting more power!?, chose to side with the king, so war broke inside Maramures and all around between this houses and the allies of them, before the king got there] between Giuleşti House(Drag, Balc etc), and Cuhea House(Iuga's sons and Bogdan) ended, the Giuleşti becames the dominant house of Maramureş, becoming Hungarians in time (Dragffy), while Cuhea house becomes a minor political power in Maramureş, but they win the war in Moldova.
    This shift of power means somehow the end of Bârjava Voivodship, but not the end of Maramureş Voievodship, until 1402 Maramureş Voivodship exists, when Balc dies.
    So when this mod starts, both political entities are under lords of Maramureş, both vassal to Hungary, there is no real clue that Cuhea house will lose in Maramures or will win in Moldova, except for the power of the king , but there wore some miracles in the middle age, Maramures is protected by Tisa swamps, big mountains and canyons.
    There was also no clue that they will take the fight to the flanks and will attack in Moldova, or will be forced to do that because Giuleşti House would chose to not help her Voievod. There was a chance that all major houses of Maramures would unite and fight against the lord who started the feud with Crăciun of Bilca, Voivode of Bârjava/Bereg. So was possible that Giuleşti House, Cuhea House, Codrea House, Tatomir House, Stan House from Maramureş Voivodship, March of Moldova and Voivodship of Bârjava would fight the king and that lord. Giuleşti House was always keen to obey and help the king of Hungary after the war, but this is a game, and so the player should have all the options.
    Imagine a Terra Bogdania from Ung river till Siret River in a fight for survival with that huge Kingdom , the wrath of the king being ambushed when he comes to settle the feud, the clashing of metal in the claustrophobic valleys of Maramureş, Bereg and Moldova.

By the way, if my dream do not come true, I hope i will see on the map Hust Castle. It was a very important castle for Hungary and Maramures, a huge castle in the latter period. Also why Principality of Wallachia and not the Romanian name? But I am happy to see Roman Empire, not Byzantine Empire.
    Last edited by vasiooo; February 04, 2017 at 04:37 PM.

Thank you for your words i hope you enjoy the battle only beta. Hopefully some campaign news at one point too.

Unfortunately we are at the maximum number of factions. The mod engine only allows 31 factions so we can't go beyond that. Even as it is we are excluding some factions that would deserve a slot like Albania, Poland etc.

But we will try and have some sort of script in Moldova for the conflict between the House of Dragus and House of Bogdan. Hust will not be as a settlement (we reached settlement limit too, freakin old medieval 2 engine sucks) but we can add as a PSF no problems. We have PSFs representing important castles that did not make it in game.

We used english names for all factions. So for example we do not have Basileia ton Rhomaion but Roman Empire. We keep everything in English but in the faction selection screen we have the names in the local languages so for Wallachia it is called Teara Romaneasca.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Nice bit of info vasiooo, and you deserve the rep I just gave you. However, as Wallachian said, adding the Voivodship of Maramureş would really conflict with the number of playable factions and would open the proverbial floodgates to every other small principality/voivodship that existed in the region during the Mid-Late Middle Ages.

It is cool that the Tsardoms team wants to create a script regarding this issue. I know that there are some really neat scripts that have been previewed for The Great Conflicts mod. Perhaps they could help us out in that regard?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Can someone please re-upload the bulgarian Axeman fix? I've tried the battleBeta yesterday and noticed that the bulgarian axemen have missing necks But so far, I'm impressed

I think it will have to wait until the next release as we have moved way beyond the battle beta version

The Ragusans and Ottomans have a crash and this video here explains how to fix that http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...om-Battle-Beta!

Will we ever be able to play this game (MOD)?
    I have been waiting for it for ten years -_-
    Dr. Cerić: Mi nikada nećemo biti prihvaćeni ni kod zapada ni kod istoka, zato što je Bosna zemlja heretika i sto su Bošnjaci potomci Ilira. Živimo pod pritiskom susjeda i Taoci smo njihovih laži.

(Dr. Ceric: We will never be accepted either in the west or on the east, because Bosnia is a land of heretics and that the Bosniaks are the descendants of the Illyians. We live under pressure
    between our neighbors and we are the hostages of their lies)

Most probably yes!
    beta is rellesed and they made more progres in last 12 months than in the past 7 years

I have this problem
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/CileVeki/Desktop/Screenshot_9.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Veki030 View Post
    I have this problem
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/CileVeki/Desktop/Screenshot_9.png[/IMG]
    http://prnt.sc/ezvf4j

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It should work, try reinstalling

doctorpitulic's Avatar Laetus

Any update about realise date ?

The release day remains the same: some day in the future.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys, I'm a bit late to the party, but had a few thoughts about the Bosnian faction:
    1) unlike the other factions, the BoB has awesome infantry bannermen. Will the other factions get these?
    2) the Bosnian Royal Guard infantry unit are in a loose formation for some reason. Will or has this been changed?
    3) I think this has already been mentioned, but battle advisor for BoB is the HRE voice.

Again, I know this beta has been out for a while and these issues very well have already been addressed. Thanks guys.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks for the feedback

1) Yes we made banners for every faction
    2) That has been corrected. As you said the beta is very old, almost a year and a half out of date
    3) Bosnia replaced vanilla HRE faction slot so it was a leftover, it's been corrected

Regards, Jure

There are even new unit