Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Successors - the Diadochi IH

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Clash of the Successors - the Diadochi IH

Wall Defender sort of makes sense to me for a woman trait. Such as the women of Sparta who had to defend the city when their sons and husbands went to war. Makes sense that when the man is gone she would have to take care of the city.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Current vote count is:

2 for Babylon as capital
    2 for Pella as capital
    1 abstain
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Actually in the future Barry, might I suggest rolling for family members too? Not necessarily in this game, but in the future perhaps it might be better to roll for all family members at start, because being able to have like 5 family members that you can choose gender and age for at start kinda seems to negate the point of rolling children at start. The random factor is kinda taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    Actually in the future Barry, might I suggest rolling for family members too? Not necessarily in this game, but in the future perhaps it might be better to roll for all family members at start, because being able to have like 5 family members that you can choose gender and age for at start kinda seems to negate the point of rolling children at start. The random factor is kinda taken out.
    I would agree with this.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

aaand done
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Took a little longer than I thought it would, but yeah partition is finished. Do we start making our homethreads and militaries now?
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Well, atleast it didn't end in chaos like it did with the last diadochi alliance game
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella d'Este View Post
    Well, atleast it didn't end in chaos like it did with the last diadochi alliance game
    Definitely true. I'm guessing at this point it's time to put down rebels and see if states like Bythinia, Cappadochia, and such can be conquered.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    Definitely true. I'm guessing at this point it's time to put down rebels and see if states like Bythinia, Cappadochia, and such can be conquered.
    Are the satrapies that haven't been given to RL diadochi (we, the players) in the partition going to be NPC? wouldn't mind seeing Mespotamia united lol
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Patrician

Also how do we conduct diplomacy? We do private messages or is there a thread for that?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella d'Este View Post
    Are the satrapies that haven't been given to RL diadochi (we, the players) in the partition going to be NPC? wouldn't mind seeing Mespotamia united lol
    Barry has stated earlier they will be NPCs unless we want to run auxiliaries far far away from our mains to help fill out the map.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Also how do we conduct diplomacy? We do private messages or is there a thread for that?
    So we'll be making home threads for our factions soon and that's where PvP diplomacy will take place. Diplomacy with NPCs will take place in the roleplaying forum with you creating a new thread with the goal of negotiating with an NPC. Same subforum that the partition thread is in.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Patrician

I considered making another character but it seems like too much work to run more than one character.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Yeah, I'll make any regions not governed by a player into NPC satrapies. Y'all can go make diplomacy threads now while I set up the Lamian War.

@BF & Pyrrhus Yeah, in hindsight having kids done by rolls but also letting players make up their own siblings seems to not be the most optimal of decisions. I agree it's too late to fix now, but future games will definitely have siblings set to be rolled for as well. As to whether women should have the Wall Defender trait, is there much precedent of Hellenistic women actually commanding in battles/sieges in these times? Artemisia is a century away after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Yeah, I'll make any regions not governed by a player into NPC satrapies. Y'all can go make diplomacy threads now while I set up the Lamian War.

@BF & Pyrrhus Yeah, in hindsight having kids done by rolls but also letting players make up their own siblings seems to not be the most optimal of decisions. I agree it's too late to fix now, but future games will definitely have siblings set to be rolled for as well. As to whether women should have the Wall Defender trait, is there much precedent of Hellenistic women actually commanding in battles/sieges in these times? Artemisia is a century away after all.
    The only women who we have records of actually participating in any sort of military actions in this time period are Olympias mother of Alexander a Molossian, Cynane daughter of Phillip and Illyrian warrior princess, and Cratesipolis wife of Alexander son of Polyperchon (one time regent after Antipater). So while it was far from common, certain dynamic women did lead troops into battle during the time period. Not many for sure, but it did happen on rare occasions.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Fair enough then, women can have Wall Defender as a trait.

Also, since Roxana is coming with Hagen, Perry will acquire her as a special ancillary. Roxana provides +2 to diplomatic rolls. Philip III Arrhidaeus is another ancillary of his now, and grants Hagen a second chance at any failed diplomatic roll as his bonus. Heracles is supposed to be an ancillary of Antiochus' now, right? He has no special effect (yet) on account of still being underage, but Isabella can press his claim on the throne at any time.

I've added ship/marine numbers, Sea Dog & Expert Shipbuilder traits and artillery to the rules, btw.

@Ace from the last page Yes you can have your daughters married.

@FuManchu Sure, your married brother's been rolled to have one daughter, age 6.
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; April 28, 2016 at 07:48 PM.

Patrician

Oh I wish I would have asked for one too. Can I have a roll for my married cousin Hector?

Cool, cool...

.. So who wants to revolt first?

Patrician

Barry put up the new threads. Yay!

Um, so how much of Persis was looted by Alexander?

It's just the palace complex of Persepolis that was burnt down right?
    (ugh, "just"; I think that palace complex may have been the Parthenon x10)