Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839

Thread: Clash of the Successors - the Diadochi IH

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Clash of the Successors - the Diadochi IH

I just want to say that

We could always do a Warhammer IH, with the Elector Counts.. There's at least 10 principalities (Reikland, Stirland, Averland, Wissenland, Talabecland, Hochland, Ostermark, Nordland, Ostland, Middenland), and there's 13 provinces if you count the ones lost before Storm of Chaos era (Westerland, Solland, Drakwald), and 15 if you count Sylvania and the Moot.

But otherwise I support the Alessian idea, and would be a mod. I do recall that you suggested on skype that we setup mod jurisdiction based on the provinces, that could work.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Lol, i do not know anything about the settings you mentioned, but i'll join once my exams are done.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Warhammer would be awesome, especially with Warhammer Total War having just come out. But I'm not sure we could fill all the parts we need.

I'll be modding in the next IH, but I may not play so I can be fully impartial.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Yeah, I had also considered a Warhammer setting (either set at the Geheimnisnacht, following in the footsteps of the CK2 mod, or 2514 IC) not just for this game but also while thinking over options for the game that would eventually become Diadochi. However I've decided against it for now, for two reasons: 1) as Perry says, it may be difficult to fill in all the parts we need even if we boil the map down to, say, just the Empire (BF mentioned 10-15 faction slots, which IH would likely have difficulty filling in with active players nowadays - I count 13 faction threads in the diplo subforum but if we eliminate all secondary factions & the ones that weren't active it's down to 8, and this was one of our more active games to boot) and 2) I'd like to provide continuity to our previous TES game since that ended ignominiously despite its potential/ The '# of players' thing might be a problem with TES2 as well, I can't predict the future, but it is still a popular setting (esp. with IH in the past, at least) and I'm pretty sure the first TES game also had more active players than Diadochi just did - a healthy mix of IH veterans & newcomers - so hopefully we can repeat that success.

I'll probably set up a world/lore-building thread where anyone who's interested can stake their claims and start filling in the 200+ year gap between this game & the previous one. As I outlined above, I'll be expanding the map eastward and allowing players to take as many provinces for their factions (a maximum of one per Province) as they'd like until they share borders with other players. I'll give everyone a minimum of two weeks to get their lore & factions done, so the game will most likely (barring any sudden unfortunate circumstances on my part) launch sometime between June 15th to 20th.

@Pyrrhus Naw it's cool, mods directly play in our games all the time. You just have to avoid modding your own & your allies' battles to avoid conflict of interest, and to further reduce the potential for COIs I'll also be forbidding players from setting up factions that directly neighbor each other.
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; May 31, 2016 at 06:16 PM.