Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New MUSIC SUB-MOD for Divide and Conquer!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: New MUSIC SUB-MOD for Divide & Conquer!

Using mostly what was already implemented in Third Age Total War: Divide and Conquer, i have shortened down alot of full songs, removed all the medieval 2 vanilla songs completely, changed places of when a certain song will play and made the game experience more epic.
    The main focus being to give most factions unique music instead of all the good factions sharing their music, and all the evil ones sharing theirs etc. I wanted to have most factions feel more unique - and create the epic feeling of the movies when playing! I have mostly used what was already in there, but removed not only entire songs but also cut the existing ones into smaller pieces.
    I have added some clips of songs in as replacements for those i removed. But the size is now smaller compared to vanilla. And i must say there are no full songs in there added in by me. One or two full songs may be there from before as i didn't remove everything that was included in the official release.
    Expect more for less! .

The .RAR archive includes 64 mp3 tracks. They have been edited using a music tool like Audacity®.
    For an IMMERSIVE gaming experience.
    DOWNLOAD

It's easy, you can download the archive here from ModDB.
    SETUP
    First of all, make always a BACKUP of your entire DAC sounds folder!

Installation:

Just place the extracted data-folder in your third_age_3 folder- it has to be modified with Divide and Conquer 1.01 or 1.1 -not compatible with older versions, or other Third Age-mods.

Make sure that you don't have duplicates of the data folder - it should be third_age_3/data and not third_age_3/data/data.

The files will be automatically extracted to their right location.

Locations:

1. descr_sounds and descr_sounds_music should be placed in the data-folder.

2. The .dat and .idx-files are located in the sounds-folder - and the sounds-folder should just be placed in the data-folder.

3. descr_sounds_music_types should be placed in the data/world/maps/base-folder.

What this SUB-MOD does?

It makes the music of the mod faction specific for most factions- the only exception being the factions that are very similiar like Lindon and Imladris, or allied like Isengard and Dunland. And i have changed the files alot so the feeling will be epic and the size of the sounds-folder will be smaller than before.

I did shorten down alot of tracks, i removed alot of songs and i've only added shorter clips. You will get more for less. So this actually has fewer full songs, and much more short clips chosen specifically for each part they play in the mod.
    I did work on this sub-mod for two and a half weeks constantly all my awaken time- it's not five days but seven days each week. I have been very detailed and chosen each part very carefully for each of the specific music types.
    Faction specific music will be played in mobilize, tension, battle, win, loose, campaign loose, campaign win and the stratmap for most factions. All factions got touched in some way- even though some may share songs still.
    Previously as stated above, all the good factions had the same full songs being played - and all the evil factions had the same ones. They played randomly and it was just like people had simply placed alot of songs into the game to play randomly.

This IS NOT the case with this mod! My very focus has been not only to make the music in game faction specific, but also to create a unique movie-esque feeling for each of the factions. This means that you will not hear full tracks or entire songs at random places anymore. Every song has been carefully chosen and each faction will not have any sound that doesn't belong to that faction.

This means that we will not be hearing Gondor-stuff when playing as Rohan- as no Gondorian songs are used for them -as well as we will not be hearing parts of songs that includes songs for other factions. The original LOTR-songs were made up of many different themes playing in one song, and i have made sure to cut out what i wanted and removed everything else. So no more Rohan-stuff for Isengard. As only the parts of the Uruk-Hai ist still there for them. It will feel like you are playing the battles of the movies in battle.

In the strat-map i didn't do alot of work. I just used the songs already there and separated them between the factions. The heavy focus was on the battles. For the strat-map you can say i just changed the way some of the songs were used. But of course i removed some, and maybe added some to.

Download Link: http://www.moddb.com/games/medieval-...de-and-conquer

I'll be adding this to the first post.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 21, 2016 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Compatible with 1.1.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Congratulations to the release. Im downloading it now. Thank you for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Ymeidor View Post
    Congratulations to the release. Im downloading it now. Thank you for your work!
    Thanks! Hope you'll like the experience =).
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Thanks for sharing your work. Looking forward to try this out

Is this compatible with Divide and Conquer - Version 1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssGodFather View Post
    Is this compatible with Divide and Conquer - Version 1.1?
    It is compatible with both 1.0 and 1.1, but not anything older than 1.0.

And it is not compatible with other Third Age-mods or vanilla Third Age.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren

Thank you for the hard work, will give some feedback once back from work.

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Mr_Nygren

Thank you for the hard work, will give some feedback once back from work.
    Thanks, yes feel free to do that.

- The Havamal

Hey, is this compatible with 1.2?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of The Woodland Realm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    It is compatible with both 1.0 and 1.1, but not anything older than 1.0.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

That depends on if the creators of DAC changed the music-files or not in 1.2. They didn't change those files in 1.1 and therefore it was still compatible. But if they have changed the names of regions or any of the music files that will make it not compatible. Arachir and the others can answer your question - my gaming computer broke down, and i haven't installed DAC on my laptop because it doesn't have large space for big mods. I have only installed the ones i am working on like TLK, WotN, EoR and GoT.

I am going to install it on the older stational computer though. I do hope they didn't change the files for the music-mod. If they have i would need to make it compatible and that i don't have time for currently. You could always try the mod out, i think it may work as Arachir said they weren't going to replace the music anytime soon. But if the regions have other different names that will cause problems.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 12, 2017 at 09:34 PM.

- The Havamal

I played with it on 1.2 for a little bit last night and I didn't experience any issues and also in DAC's 1.2 changelog I dont think they mentioned anything that could interfere with this mod, great work!

I played with it on 1.2 for a little bit last night and I didn't experience any issues and also in DAC's 1.2 changelog I dont think they mentioned anything that could interfere with this mod, great work!
    That sounds great, going to update the first post then!

- The Havamal

Hello, maybe this music-mod should also be moved to the new DAC forum?

- The Havamal

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Moved from the main TATW submod forum.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Laetus

Very nice.

Awesome mod! Adds soo much immersion to each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBunBadgers View Post
    Awesome mod! Adds soo much immersion to each faction.
    Thanks alot, i spent a lot of time on this one.

- The Havamal

Did the DAC theam implemented this in version 2? Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by c.l. View Post
    Did the DAC theam implemented this in version 2? Sounds interesting.
    It's been around since version 1.1.

- No, they did not want it when i offered to include it in the official release.

But it's fully compatible with it.

- The Havamal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast