Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Domesticus

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

I bought a new laptop relatively recently, ergo a machine with updated specs. I installed RTW and BI and the mod installation went without hickups, however when I started the game and any campaign, going in it looks like I have screwed up graphics. The image is like full of cuts or spikes.

Anyone knows what this is about? Think I also read a post of @Saul Tyre that now you need Alexander to play the mod?

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Elephants View Post
    This didn't work for me. It just made the game get stuck. I went into faction selection screen, chose one and it doesn't move from there. What did work was the old "turn off shadows" fix. Unless, of course, with mods installed you're meant to put that file somewhere else instead of the base folder.

Additionally, the "Start one-turn campaign" option doesn't work. It results in a "Choose an item from the list" warning. One must choose the "Start Imperial Campaign". Not sure what the difference is though.

What I did:
    - Acquired and installed Rome Collection Edition on steam (RTW + Alx).
    - Followed the suggestion of copying Alx folder into somewhere out of the Steam folder
    - Installed RS 2.5, RS III and RS 3.1 patch

With shadows on, game lags a lot, without them, doesn't seem to.

Hi,
    there are working link to download Rome Surrectum III with the 3.1 hotfix ? i checked the download topic but mega link are not working.

On the latest patch 3.1, I have gone through the second Roman civil war and I've ended it by destroying the Roman Rebel faction completely.

My faction leader at the time became Dictator for Life, and like the with previous verion, I expected that his heir would become Emperor after he died. However, in my game the faction leader died but the successor has not become the Emperor. Is this a bug?

Thanks

There also seems to be a lack of a Late Praetorian Legionary First Cohort unit. Is this WAD?

Ok.

W10, STEAM, ALEX. No CD's anywhere, no drive either. Vega 56, Ryzen 2600 16GB RAM etc - monitor is 2560 x 1440p, secondary also in use is 1080p.

I've tried 2.5 and 3.0.

Issue is I cannot get into campaign, apart from the default 1024 x 768 800 x 600 resolutions, which are of course unusable on my monitor, the corners are obscured for a start, I digress, any attempt to alter resultion in opening txt folder or 'in game' results in CTD when attempting to start campaign.

I'm assuning this is some sort of resolution issue right?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Problem solved:

The problem was the crash-tastic 3.0 version it seems, read a comment somehwere on here to that effect (possibly elsewhere), that 3.0 caused a lot of CTD's and 3.1 solved many of the issues, installed 3.1 patch and voila! worked first time.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
    Problem solved:

The problem was the crash-tastic 3.0 version it seems, read a comment somehwere on here to that effect (possibly elsewhere), that 3.0 caused a lot of CTD's and 3.1 solved many of the issues, installed 3.1 patch and voila! worked first time.
    I came across your query too late to answer it as you have solved it, but you would be surprised how many people fail to add the 3.1 submod, I have given this solution several times across this forum as well as my Let's Plays, I would also suggest you apply a 4gb file to your exe's as it helps stabilize the mod as it has a high content, RTW only has 2gb memory and this file allows up to 4gb, I use it in every mod and rarely ever have ctd's, I can't add any more info about it as I would contravene TWC rules so just google it
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; November 06, 2019 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I came across your query too late to answer it as you have solved it, but you would be surprised how many people fail to add the 3.1 submod, I have given this solution several times across this forum as well as my Let's Plays, I would also suggest you apply a 4gb file to your exe's as it helps stabilize the mod as it has a high content, RTW only has 2gb memory and this file allows up to 4gb, I use it in every mod and rarely ever have ctd's, I can't add any more info about it as I would contravene TWC rules so just google it

Yes, pretty sure it was your comment about 3.1. I cam across your Belgae lets plays on YT last night, hoping to pick up a few tips. I've just started my first play through as Macedon after spending hours deciding who to play as, I let fate decide and did a randon number generator. I took your advice and built the building you began with - rural community control. I think what this mods needs and probably existed at one time is a PDF guide.

The battles are slow and to my taste, but I can't get light/medium infantry to fire at will without charging. The phalanx battles are a bit of a mess as well, any tips on how to improve this?

Senator

The battles are slow and to my taste, but I can't get light/medium infantry to fire at will without charging. The phalanx battles are a bit of a mess as well, any tips on how to improve this?
    To make the battle end faster, kill the enemy General. Top Priority!
    In regard of the charging infantry, there is not much you can do about it... you can tweak the files, but I don`t know if you want to change it for every unit you`re using.
    Use some skirmisher to pepper the Enemies from behind, that`s their job.

For the Phalanx battles, can you describe what you mean with "mess" ?

I installed Roma Surrectum 3 for Steam as according to this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNOhyGx2NhQ&t=2s) and haven't gotten to play a campaign yet. After I've moved all the Roma Surrectum content into Rome Total War Gold and chosen a faction in the launcher I try to start a campaign. If I start using the RomeTW-ALX.exe I get the "please select an item from the list" sign, whether I choose to start a campaign as RTW or Barbarian Invasion or Alexander. When I try to start a campaign as RomeTW.exe I don't get the sign but when I load the campaign map the game crashes. Please help. I bought Alexander pretty much to play this mod. I'm using Windows 10

......I think what this mods needs and probably existed at one time is a PDF guide.
    Try this link it may help give you some ideas, just click on the drop-down numbered banners https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...s-amp-Tips-FAQ

1) You have to do it manually if I'm understanding correctly what you mean, click on target then once a volley has been thrown click on the "halt" icon immediately(the hand icon in the UI) rinse and repeat. If you want them to charge without throwing missiles hold down "ALT" when targeting enemy unit. Peltasts etc work better if you have them on Skirmish mode but not faw, target enemy unit and they will throw their volume of javs or you can click on hand icon in UI to stop and save some. 2) Phalanx battles is a problem left over from vanilla, made worse if using huge unit size or in sieges once inside, it's not down to the mod, the ALX exe is usually better with phalanx formations than RTW or BI exe's. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; November 19, 2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jakoporeeno View Post
    I installed Roma Surrectum 3 for Steam as according to this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNOhyGx2NhQ&t=2s) and haven't gotten to play a campaign yet. After I've moved all the Roma Surrectum content into Rome Total War Gold and chosen a faction in the launcher I try to start a campaign. If I start using the RomeTW-ALX.exe I get the "please select an item from the list" sign, whether I choose to start a campaign as RTW or Barbarian Invasion or Alexander. When I try to start a campaign as RomeTW.exe I don't get the sign but when I load the campaign map the game crashes. Please help. I bought Alexander pretty much to play this mod. I'm using Windows 10
    Sorry I can't help you much here as I don't use steam or Win 10(it's much better with disks & Win 7) but this link will take you a tutorial which others have found useful, hope it helps http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-install-guide

Moderator please delete, posted in error, thank you
    Attachment 360402Attachment 360402
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 14, 2020 at 08:48 PM.

Is it intended that there is no First Cohort version of the Late Praetorian unit? This used to exist in previous versions of the game.

Thanks in advance

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, thought this might get a little more attention here.

I think I must have a missing game file somewhere, as I'm having issues with legion recruitment in my Rome 0 turn (on 2.6)

I built the Campus Martius in Edessa, and was able to recruit the unnamed, generic legions.

I then upgraded this to the Roman Fortress. The generic legions were no longer available, as expected, however, Legio V Macedonia simply isn't there. The same goes for Pella.

Where would I find the files for regional recruitment of legions? Due to my play style (in which I only use named legions after the Marian reforms) this is severely hampering me and although it might seem small, it's kinda ruining my game.

@TheJim I try my best to help players with this mod but on this occasion it's beyond my knowledge, afaik the devs gradually retired from the mod over the years and the leader dvk901 about 2 years ago so I doubt if there's much chance of getting a reply from any of them. There is one person who still occasionally answers questions on the forum, tho I have not seen him around for some time, his name is ur_Lord Tedric, he did most of the testing I believe and is very knowledgeable on the mod, perhaps you could pm him, if you could search through the threads of RS you are sure to come across one of his posts, sorry I can't be any more help, good luck.

For anyone who cant download the mod from mega, it is also uploaded to moddb.

I installed RSIII using the instructions and files here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/roma-surr...lone-installer

Upon hitting launch in the RSIII launcher vanilla RTW is loaded up. Any ideas for a fix ?

I'm using Steam, Windows 10, 8GB Ram NVIDIA GeForce 550 Ti, Intel i5-2500 Quad core processor

Thanks !

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Are you using the shortcut launcher on the desktop?