Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

@Titus66 I'm afraid not but If you want to play 4tpy campaigns you will find the link to the submod in post #39 of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-RS-III/page2
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Oh that's a shame, I've made a list of all the issues I came across in the mod...

If I recall I think I have seen a comment by dvk901 Indicating that he was working on patch 3.2. Presumably that project was dropped?

Thank's for the reply Saul,

Cheers.

@Titus66 sorry I can't shed any more light on it but afaik know dvk901 retired shortly after his father sadly passed away, the only member that I know of from the team, that seems to reply to any queries on the RS forum/threads is ur-Lord Tedric, who I gather did most of the testing

Well that's a shame, but thanks for the info.
    Cheers.

@Titus66 why don't you come and join our RTW community on Discord which we have just started, all are welcome, you will get to meet modders, let's players, gamers, historians, all sorts really, they're a good bunch. just join and introduce yourself, here is the link. https://discordapp.com/invite/xqGRZNC

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

A couple of issues I'm experiencing:

1. Preferences reset every time I start a game from launcher. (I have changed the "Starts in" location.) I have found the problem: The launcher is loading preferences from rtw folder, not each individual faction's folder.

2. I use default garrison script but garrison only sometimes appears in certain cities and for certain factions. I suppose this is meant to be the case?

Thanks.
    Last edited by SlartyBartfast; April 13, 2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "Huh?"

Gallaeci attacking Numantia in siege, units not climbing siege towers or ladders.

And slingers with the range of modern high-powered rifles.
    "Huh?"

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SlartyBartfast View Post
    Gallaeci attacking Numantia in siege, units not climbing siege towers or ladders.
    This particular bug is a recurrent one on RTW. Part of a general pathfinding issue. Not an RSIII bug.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Ok, thanks
    "Huh?"

Foederatus

Hi, I personally have only 2 problems with RTW-RS3.1:
    The first is that Alliances get constantly broken by the other parties. Is there anything to change that situation? Can I do something to avoid that?
    The second problem are the to many stacks that Rome sends every turn, quickly crippling the gameplay with countless meaningless battles. Is there any solution for that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by swissdragon View Post
    Hi, I personally have only 2 problems with RTW-RS3.1:
    The first is that Alliances get constantly broken by the other parties. Is there anything to change that situation? Can I do something to avoid that?
    Diplomacy is pretty in RTW, something that modders can't fix, it gets worse the higher campaign difficulty you play at, try negotiating a long regular tribute of a small amount for trade or map info for example first or even the alliance itself. Remember also when you declare war on a faction or they declare war on you, they may be in an alliance with a faction you are too who either do not "take kindly" to your aggression or support them in theirs .

Quote Originally Posted by swissdragon View Post
    The second problem are the to many stacks that Rome sends every turn, quickly crippling the gameplay with countless meaningless battles. Is there any solution for that problem?
    Sounds like you are playing 0-turn campaign, try 1-turn which is slower paced with more strategy and immersion involved so consequently less but more meaningful battles
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 17, 2019 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added info

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Diplomacy is pretty in RTW, something that modders can't fix, it gets worse the higher campaign difficulty you play at, try negotiating a long regular tribute of a small amount for trade or map info for example first or even the alliance itself. Remember also when you declare war on a faction or they declare war on you, they may be in an alliance with a faction you are too who either do not "take kindly" to your aggression or support them in theirs . Sounds like you are playing 0-turn campaign, try 1-turn which is slower paced with more strategy and immersion involved so consequently less but more meaningful battles
    Thanks a lots for your very quick answer. Its incredible that such an old game still gets its support from modders after all this years. Thanks to anybody who contributed to it!

Hello, so after some time i came back to RTW. I managed to get it to work on my W10 and after some time also this mod which i liked. However it looks like this. My resolution is the same as my default - 1920x1080. Vanilla works, but even after going through settings, it looks either like this, or crashes when loading into the campaign. If any of you have any suggestions, i would be very glad. Thx.
    Last edited by HAEXVS; May 20, 2019 at 04:59 PM.

Do you use other RTW Mods?

Have you installed RS entirely in its own - unique - directory?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Currently i don't use any other mods. I simply did a copy of my Steam folder on my HDD. There i installed the latest version according to the suggested procedure. So it now sits in its own "RTW-RS3" directory. Thing is i used to play this mod like a year ago and it worked on my Windows 10. So i think i'm doing something wrong, but i don't know what.

You have added the 3.1 patch and are using the ALX expansion right?

Correct, i think i followed the instructions and did everything as suggested by dvk.
    I think i will try another mod and see if it does the same thing.
    Vanilla Rome from the same folder where the mod is works fine.

Hi guys!

Anyone have a solution for a missing structure in Tarentum? I noticed that it's missing the temple of Vulcan. That settlement doesn't have the weapons metal import though it has it's own source of metal so you can build a blacksmith on it right away. Anyone has a fix on this one?

Thank you in advanced!

Just downloaded RSIII_Setup_v2.exe from https://mega.nz/#!7VdFjCZT!KrWoUerZA...bV1g0aDPtmk5hA
    When installing it gets quarantined by Malwarebytes as ransomware. Report extract below:
    -Ransomware Details-
    File: 1
    Malware.Ransom.Agent.Generic, C:\Users\dell\Desktop\New Folder\Cloud Drive\RSIII_Setup_v2.exe, Quarantined, [0], [392685],0.0.0
    What's going on????????????????????????