Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3

Default Re: Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.2b

It looks great. Thanks

Very nice! Thank you!

Thank you for this gem. I wish it was/is incorporated into the official build
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

still working bro?

Is it me or the actual campaign map is overstretched horizontally not only the mini map?

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3

Updated to 2.3
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

I wish the actual campaign map wouldnt be so distorted/overstretched. I wonder if its the same on bigger resolutions.

on the minimap: can you temper down the colors for Rome and Baktria! The borders are still hard to guess.
    Last edited by Kranos; December 14, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

This is the actual map (1024*599 = 10:6), original size and dimensions with the vanilla map (591*379 = 6:4) as overlay:

There is nothing 'stretched' about the map - it's a satellite projection. Reducing a map of those dimensions to the standard size that fits into the radar map frame without scrolling often looses details but can can be more practical - as can be seen here.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 19, 2017 at 04:48 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Updated to 2.3
    Man, I totally forgot about this! This looks great. And thanks for getting back to me two years ago about it being save-game compatible. Apparently I never saw your response. Gave you some rep, though.

EDIT: just to let you and others know, your submod is working fine for me now...but there was an initial hiccup. I'm glad that I backed up my original files just in case, as you suggested in the OP. After I unzipped your mod and manually placed the files in the right folders, I tried to boot up the game but it did not launch. Instead it stayed on the black console screen with no text, just a cursor symbol in the top left-hand of the console screen. I did this several times and still the game did not launch. I fiddled around and tried launching the game from the .exe version for Steam-players, then closed that immediately. Then I tried booting up the game again for non-Steam players and voila! It finally worked.

Also, does your map tend to slow the movement of the whole campaign map down a little? It could just be my computer, but I noticed some definite lag after downloading your submod. In either case it looks beautiful! So much better than before, that much is for sure.

2nd EDIT: the lag produced by the new map is a bit too unbearable for me now that I've started playing in earnest. It feels like I'm trying to trudge through molasses or quicksand with everything I do on the campaign map. This mod is great, but is there an alternative submod to this? I just like the neatly-defined borders. I don't need super-high aspect ratio stuff, or whatever it is that's slowing everything down.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Sorry for late response. This mod can not create lag because it doesn't complicate anything.

I'm not sure that your lag problem is related to this but: if your .exe is on Windows 7 compability mode, turn times become slower.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Blog Entries

Agree with CanOmer: the provided files cannot cause a delay (radarmap files and descr_sm_factions). The changes in descr_sm_factions might cause some graphic\color issues (change in faction colors) in an ongoing campaign but "shouldn't" cause a failure to start.

thanks

I've tested this and it works for 2.35 without copying the descr_sm_factions

Think I found a small typo in your descr_sm_factions.txt file. In the original EB file, om line 694 it says "loading_logo loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_f_arevaci.tga", in the mini map mod file the same line is missing the "_f", not sure about the ramifications of the missing F, or if there was a reason it was changed. All of the other factions had an "F" too so I thought I'd bring to your attention. Great little mod btw, iirc you did for EB 1 also years ago, kudos. Happy New Year.

Blog Entries

You can theoretically type anything in that line: the loading logo is no more used, this is leftover code from RTW.

Icon14 Re: Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3

Being a fan of this submod I took the liberty of updating its descr_sm_factions.txt for 3.35. All credit due to CanOmer and Notepad++ Compare plugin

- Make backup copies of the following under \ebii\data\

radar_map_background.tga
    radar_map1.tga
    radar_map2.tga
    descr_sm_factions.txt

- Extract to the ebii folder
    - Delete \ebii\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm before launch.

Save game compatible.

Attached.CleanCampaignMiniMap_for_eb2.35.zip
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Wow, thank you Mouzafphaerre for updating it

Works great

i have updated the mod (with a small fix to the color of Qarthadast) for 2.35a:

CleanCampaignMiniMap_for_eb2.35a.zip

(updated April 27, 2021)
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; April 27, 2021 at 01:09 PM.
    . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12