Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asking Love Advice on TWC...

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Asking Love Advice on TWC...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Drakan View Post
    *Ahem*
    *Possible ahem*

Despite my complete lack of validation from anyone here im going to let my loins "ahem" louder than a Howitzer, and twice as hot.

I wouldn’t advise asking friends, but they too can be a good source if they’re serious people.
    Are you kidding me? Friends who actually have a proper handle on the situation and know the people involved? Including you?

Jesus mate, friends are simply the best people to go to for advice.

Indefinitely Banned

Surely not; they're in the most opportune position to hurt you!

Your worst enemies!
    Last edited by rez; December 10, 2006 at 06:42 PM.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Depends on the friend I think. I've got friends who discussing such issues with has been disastrous for me! Others who of great help when needing someone to talk to about relationships. An interesting situation for me 6 months ago was one where a mate of mine (girl) was actually the person I found most help talking to... but also it being a friendship I wanted to take further. That's gotta be some kind of relationship paradox :hmmm: Somehow I managed to turn what could have been a trainwreck into a stronger friendship that before...

I tend to be non-nonchalant about my difficulties. I've learned the hard way that if you make a big thing about certain problems with regards to relationships, you just end up making a complete ass of yourself. It admittedly took 3-4 complete ****ups to make me realise this...

My point? Just think who you're talking to. First and foremost you've got your own mind. The key player.

I'd say posting an open question on here is a bad idea. Everyone one here can reply, and often its not good advice. That said if you're more friendly with some of the TWCites over MSN or whatever, I guess that can't hurt...
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal_Hicks View Post
    Keep in mind, this is only a polite suggestion, and not some kind of decree.
    I think it should be made as a decree.

Asking for love advice on a forum where no one really knows you or the context isn't what I'd call the best place to ask for it. Ask your FRIENDS.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
    I think it should be made as a decree.

Asking for love advice on a forum where no one really knows you or the context isn't what I'd call the best place to ask for it. Ask your FRIENDS.
    I disagree, when people don't know you they can present an unbias opinion and useful advice.

"I am ronin because I serve no master.

The set of principles that denote absolute justice require no
    subordinates.
    I am a warrior of justice."
    ~ Ronin

Whether or not you should request love advice from your friends is debatable in my opinion. It really depends on which friend and his/her "qualifications" and what type of friend he/she is and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal_Hicks View Post
    This group of people, the most frighteningly numerous of all the social groups within TWC, has little to no idea on how to approach a women, let alone SPEAK to her, and their advice can be thus considered about as useful as a legless Olympic sprinter. You must remember that most of TWC is just as incompetent when it comes to relationships as you are. Then, there’s another group of people on TWC, the jackass group. Now, the Jackass group obviously doesn’t want you to succeed, and will probably take pleasure in seeing you fail, of course they will give you horrendous advice.

Sorry, I am not your typical geek

"Hearts are the depositories of secrets. Lips are their locks and tongues are their keys."
    - Bayushi Kachiko

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

Talking about love advice on TWC is a bad idea. For several Key reasons, the first of which being that a large percentage (with a startling amount of exceptions) can be considered the inspiration for the Weird Al song, White and Nerdy. This group of people, the most frighteningly numerous of all the social groups within TWC, has little to no idea on how to approach a women
    umm... gaius drakan? end of the debate

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho View Post
    umm... gaius drakan? end of the debate
    Heh.
    Thanks man.

Seriously though, as able as I am to handle girls, I just don't like giving advice to others. I'm not a jackass, giving bad advice, I just prefer not to give love advice over the internet to somebody I don't know. It just seems a bit strange that they'd even ask.

Hey speak for yourself when calling people here "white and nerdy" and "jackasses". I for one was pretty popular in highschool, I am pretty good looking, I get attention from girls. And I am also not a jackass. I may not be Romeo, but I am also not a hopless nerd. I just love the Total War series and like a forum where people are a little more educated.

The worst advice given here about women though is by kids. The 11 year olds 14 year olds who give you advise are the worst, beware.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Tigran of Sasoun View Post
    Hey speak for yourself when calling people here "white and nerdy" and "jackasses". I for one was pretty popular in highschool, I am pretty good looking, I get attention from girls. And I am also not a jackass. I may not be Romeo, but I am also not a hopless nerd. I just love the Total War series and like a forum where people are a little more educated.

The worst advice given here about women though is by kids. The 11 year olds 14 year olds who give you advise are the worst, beware.
    What about 15 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by Livia View Post
    What about 15 year olds?
    Slightly better?

Advice is useless for most things, you just have to get stuck in and have a go.

AmeriBriton's Avatar Civis

you don't need love advice for people. Go on instinct. Yes, I know this is considered advice, but just go on how you feel. If you feel that you want to ask someone out, do it. If he or she denies you, then thats a learning experience. If you feel you need to kiss someone, then do it. And if they press charges than its a learning experience. See? And as for those geeky nerd posts, honestly, do you really think a geeky nerd is going to play Total War games? If anything they would be in school studying for that final computer exam.

oh by the way, =WM=Aufklarung, you ride horses?

3d Battalion, 172d Infantry (Mountain)
    "Ascend to Victory" Hooah!

Quote Originally Posted by =WM=Aufklarung View Post

Sorry, I am not your typical geek
    Not a typical geek maybe...but possibly a typical female geek? (I'm not serious....or am I? )

@Hicks, anyone stupid enough to accept love advice from a gaming forum is typically deserving of whatever they get, period.

My advice: Don't buy girls presents, they HATE that, it makes them feel wanted and who wants to feel wanted?

(My real advice: Treat a girl like you treat any person you care about and you won't go far wrong....you have to freaking talk to someone before they will want anything to do with you...unless they have a secret crush on you :hmmm: in which case make sure their bedroom wall isn't full of pictures of you (I saw that family guy episode while typing this)).

Just be your freaking self, why act like something your not if you are trying to get into a relationship? (One night stands notwithstanding).

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Drakan View Post
    *Ahem*

Anyway, not all of us are nerds, so most of us can cope with one-girlfriend-problems. And if you're trying to juggle multiple ones simultaneously, then His Handsomeness (^^) might help out ( )

EDIT:

"Seriously though, as able as I am to handle girls, I just don't like giving advice to others. I'm not a jackass, giving bad advice, I just prefer not to give love advice over the internet to somebody I don't know. It just seems a bit strange that they'd even ask."

Apparently not.

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

Heh, if you're struggling with multiple girls, my advice is to let a few off slowly. It becomes too much hassle and stressful to keep it up. Although the plus side is that it turns you to heavy drinking . Which then brings in more girls.

Endless cycle m'friend, I wanna ramble but I can't be arsed.

Bye.

On the other hand, asking on here would be a much lower risk affair, as what you are saying have a much lower chance of wading into the neighborhood gossip pool....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast