Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The greatest troops of all time?

Default The greatest troops of all time?

Here are some of my troops from my latest campaign (vanilla DEI):

Anyone got something that can top these?

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The greatest troops of all time?

A few horse archers

Pretty sure my rhodians can easily outrange any horse you have.

74 Shots a minute eh? That's one hell of an arm.

You better named the army that has those 90 mele atk noble rhomphaiaphoroi "lawn mower" .

Quote Originally Posted by tivihong View Post
    You better named the army that has those 90 mele atk noble rhomphaiaphoroi "lawn mower" .
    Watching them charge into those crappy eastern garrison infantry is a sight to see.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Wow, I haven't even thought that some of those values are even possible xD
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Those campaign bonuses, man. They just add up like crazy... also part of the reason why I made this submod. Maybe eventually I could expand that submod to remove more of those bonuses.

Its actually not quite maxed, either. The army could be higher level, a few of the general's skills are in non stat areas, and one building in one of my recruitment areas isn't perfect. I was hoping to get to 100 melee attack.

http://www.filedropper.com/thrace

EDIT - But to be fair, I planned in advance how to mixmax the obscene barbarian religious bonuses and planned the perfect cities to max all stats. It took about 100 turns to build.
    Last edited by Garbad; April 17, 2016 at 12:44 PM.

If your general has battle rhythm then nothing would be able to stop those Nobles, not even well over 100 moral veteran legionaries.

It'd be better to max the baelric slingers, they have shields and 5 armor which can make or break slinger engagements. Same rof and same range. Too bad their voice sounds like someone choking on dog vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    It'd be better to max the baelric slingers, they have shields and 5 armor which can make or break slinger engagements. Same rof and same range. Too bad their voice sounds like someone choking on dog vomit.
    They will be too. As soon as I get a bit more town growth the last spot maximizes ranged damage too. That's why I had to use two production centers -- one for ranged, one for horse. Both can do infantry.

Could you send a screen shot of the recruitment center you have built for these results. I am still trying to learn how to build centers for military and money (food is pretty simple).

Load it up using the replay and see for yourself. Basically I maximized bonuses using all slots on damage increasing buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tribunal View Post
    74 Shots a minute eh? That's one hell of an arm.
    This is the kinda fantasy stuff that kills a mod/game stone dead for me. This surely isn't working by design?

Does this submod need to be installed as well to do away with this silly stuff or is the main mod gonna be corrected?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Animation won't allow for such speed, although I don't know how fire rate can go that high from 6-9 shots. I never even had a fire rate of 15, mostly just 2-3 more shots depending on a unit.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    This is the kinda fantasy stuff that kills a mod/game stone dead for me. This surely isn't working by design?

Does this submod need to be installed as well to do away with this silly stuff or is the main mod gonna be corrected?
    I think its a display error tbh. As a test I had 4x javcav line up and throw spears at a few advancing eastern infantry. They volleyed out one stack, crippled another before they got to melee range and then ran out of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Animation won't allow for such speed, although I don't know how fire rate can go that high from 6-9 shots. I never even had a fire rate of 15, mostly just 2-3 more shots depending on a unit.
    I'm willing to bet your code is reload speed X reload modifier. So if you get 90% faster reload you get 10x as fast rof. It could be fixed by going reload speed / 1 + reload modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I know one mod (Vae Victus?) features slingers with an alternate mode of effectively Ni rate of fire at short range - they don't throw at an insane rate (the number is like five digits long), but they have almost no downtime aside from loading, taking aim, and hurling their stone. I'd imagine the same applies to other units - they'll work at the animation rate, without much of any rest time.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post

This was player design, i've played DeI for hundreds of hours - never have i seen those numbers. In example, the province that produces the troops in the OP screenshots is NOT a province u would want to live in even if u had a thing for Mars. And u wouldn't build it naturally - but isn't it awesome that you can do all that if u choose to make it so?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast