Thread: DragonDawn Progress Update

Default DragonDawn Progress Update

Hi everyone, sorry you haven't heard much from us in a while, but we just wanted to give you an update on the mod.

It is with regret that the development of DragonDawn has stalled recently, and with that in mind we have decided to say that any further development is on pause until further notice. One of the biggest reasons for this is that we have not heard from Squeaks for quite some time now, and as not only the mod leader but the creator of the DragonDawn world, her absence is sorely missed. We want to stress that this mod isn't dead, and when Squeaks returns we will all be ready to jump back into this and bring you best mod we can. We all hope you can understand this, and we're sorry it has taken us a while to keep you updated.

Much love and thanks for all the support so far,
    The DragonDawn development team

Libertus

Default Re: DragonDawn Progress Update

Thank you for the update. I hope Squeaks returns soon so I can walk in this wonderful world you are creating! I will wait however long it takes.

I've just rediscovered this mod and have devoured the lore that's been given to us. I'm looking forward to the mod if/when it eventually comes out. The world sounds fascinating. Aside from the previews, is there any further reading?

Someone else wrote the lore, I can't remember the name, so there is a lot more. Where it can be found if anywhere I don't know, I never read any of it for this mod even. Even Tolkien's fantasy is too much fantasy for me sometimes so this is over the top for me. Squeaks definitely got it from elsewhere though which is the main reason no one else has permission to release a campaign with all this lore in it (at least not on this site due to TOS).

Edit; This mod was originally titled Dragonborn (changed because of Skyrim) so searching for that may be better than searching for Dragondawn.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 26, 2016 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Someone else wrote the lore, I can't remember the name, so there is a lot more. Where it can be found if anywhere I don't know, I never read any of it for this mod even. Even Tolkien's fantasy is too much fantasy for me sometimes so this is over the top for me. Squeaks definitely got it from elsewhere though which is the main reason no one else has permission to release a campaign with all this lore in it (at least not on this site due to TOS).

Edit; This mod was originally titled Dragonborn (changed because of Skyrim) so searching for that may be better than searching for Dragondawn.
    Just spotted this a couple of years late...

having admitted you haven't read the lore I have no idea how you could claim someone else wrote it! There is/was a lot of lore here and in the developers forum and none of it that I've found 'googles' as being used elsewhere or being based on something else.

missing squeaks...

Hey Mak, hey guys, hope you're all doing well

Miss those days....

I always enjoyed the lore for this, it was great to read and made for a fantastic game setting too. I was always under the impression Squeaks wrote it all, as Makanyane said.

Hope everyone here is well, they really were good times helping out on this.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Just spotted this a couple of years late...

having admitted you haven't read the lore I have no idea how you could claim someone else wrote it! There is/was a lot of lore here and in the developers forum and none of it that I've found 'googles' as being used elsewhere or being based on something else.

missing squeaks...
    Squeaks told me. Her friend in real life wrote it if I remember correctly. I did not mean to claim anything, certainly not that I found it elsewhere. I will check my pms for more info.

Edit; I have too many pms from her to ever find it. Pretty sure the main reason she couldn't give out permission was this, I don't think she had anything against people writing and making stuff based on this lore is why I remember. I am just going off of memory, I would bet money I am remembering this correctly though, if that helps.

The last pm I got from her she was talking about how excited she was that she got a bunch of stuff working finally and was not far off from another release, but had the boring task of making citizen levies. So she sounded like she still cared about the mod, I can only imagine real life got in the way.

It does not surprise me much at all that you didn't find anything in a google search, I always assumed her friend was going to get it published and therefore would not post everything on the net. I never tried searching myself, which is why I said I don't know where it can be found or if it can even be found, instead of just posting a link to it for you. There is more lore written than what is in the previews was all I meant by it, and I only passed on that info because someone asked if there was more lore.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 06, 2018 at 11:08 PM.

There is also this;

LORE: Dragonborn is fully realised already. There is tons of lore. The difficulty will be in getting it all up here rather than worrying about what we can do with it.

I don't believe that we should be a highly secretive with lore and other things. We intend to give you everything we can to read about the world, so you have an idea of what you're getting, and you CAN always just ignore it.
    Whether that tons of lore can be found anywhere I don't know, I don't think I ever did know. I always assumed it was not anywhere to be found on the net though.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 07, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

Hi, danny X, Kaiser Leonidas & alreadyded,

@ alreadyded, apologies for the snark in my earlier post - I thought you were implying something else entirely...

More Lore; definitely in the dev forum, and probably in my pm's/files too - I have a similar problem with finding stuff amongst our old conversations!

I appreciate your bluntness, and I can see how what I said can be interpreted that way. I took no offense from it. You have done me enough favors to talk to me however you like anyway, no need to worry about my feelings.

Libertus

Checking for any signs of life?

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

I miss squeaks

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    I miss squeaks
    The TWC would be a better place if she was around I think.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

This was such an exciting and interesting project when I first came here 10+ years ago.

So sad to see how it turned out.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR