Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3055707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Well, that says it's not compatible with submods. I just applied it and yeah it causes the whole game to crash >.<

Doh, i was looking at the wrong one, found the correct link. Awesome top of the page posts

Hey! Anybody here?

I installed MOS some time ago and just got to play it last month, been having fun with High Elves until today where I got a softlock after ending my turn. At the start of the next turn the cursor stays on the spinning ring shape, as if it's loading or an unit moving and I can't interact with menus or units/cities beyond double clicking to get the info tab (which I can only close by double clicking the unit again since I can't interact with menus).

I've also noticed the last unit I selected last turn flickers its range on and off. I've tried going back to last turn and end the turn differently, but when next turn starts it always softlocks.

My only way out is to quickload my quicksave, otherwise I'd have to ALT-F4 or use the task manager, because I can't interact with menus until I quickload.

Console commands work, I can't select units/cities.

I'm at turn 158, so it'd suck to lose my save this far in my playthrough .

Hope someone can help me out.

Best regards!

The usual reason is an AI unit/stack getting stuck going back and forth when crossing a river or a problem arising when the AI attempts to take a settlement.
    Toggle Fog of War and see what the last AI move is before the freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    The usual reason is an AI unit/stack getting stuck going back and forth when crossing a river or a problem arising when the AI attempts to take a settlement.
    Toggle Fog of War and see what the last AI move is before the freeze.
    You're absolutely right! Found the problem! It took a bit of wiggling people about with the move command at the Anduin crossing near Michelhold, the unit that was actually stuck refused to be reset or moved, so I had to move the armies around him to give him space to do whatever he wanted to do.

It had never happened to me in any mod, thank you very much!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

We actually fixed that quite a while ago.

On my channel I still have an instruction video showing how to fix this manually. It's also the first change mentioned in the OP of the 1.7 version. I suppose you are in fact still playing the 1.62 version. Well, at least you can play again.

@veteraan2567

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Good evening. i just download the MoS. I have have a clean installed TATW 3.2. So the issue after i run the part 1 of 2 is that ( look image). any help ??? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DyriaNoR View Post
    Good evening. i just download the MoS. I have have a clean installed TATW 3.2. So the issue after i run the part 1 of 2 is that ( look image). any help ??? thank you.
    Images not showing. Please post them again.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; March 14, 2023 at 11:09 AM.

Yep sorry for that ( i left the link in the "insert image" but it seems nothing happened). Any way ill just write the link here.

https://ibb.co/sW149FG

I suppose you want to play MOS 1.7. If you go to the second post of this thread, you will find a link there fore part one and part two. I'm not familiar with the links you used, although they probably are a copy of the ones I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I suppose you want to play MOS 1.7. If you go to the second post of this thread, you will find a link there fore part one and part two. I'm not familiar with the links you used, although they probably are a copy of the ones I posted.
    Its the image with the issue i face when i try to install MoS

ok there u go i did with normal way ( just upload it here and not in third party site as i did)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MoS err.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	368869

Hello! I have downloaded this MOS and try to enjoy it, however I have a problem. I have steam M2TW and WIn 11. So I play fine, but as soon as I edit EDU (I tried to change NUMBER OF WARRIORS in one regiment) the game doesn't load my saves. Even if I start new campaign, it will not load any saves later. What is intresting, all of these works with Woodland Realm, but I can easily edit file and play for Lorien Elves for example. Could you explain me how it workds please?

Sorry, don't know much if anything about this particular issue. It probably doesn't help that I don't use steam and Windows 10. Then again, that might not have anything to do with it anyway. Perhaps somebody else will have an answer for you, but it might take some time before that happens if at all.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Strategymanster View Post
    Hello! I have downloaded this MOS and try to enjoy it, however I have a problem. I have steam M2TW and WIn 11. So I play fine, but as soon as I edit EDU (I tried to change NUMBER OF WARRIORS in one regiment) the game doesn't load my saves. Even if I start new campaign, it will not load any saves later. What is intresting, all of these works with Woodland Realm, but I can easily edit file and play for Lorien Elves for example. Could you explain me how it workds please?
    Hello! Maybe you used bad software. Try using Notepad++ for editing the file.

So I will describe. T tried notepad++ but it seems the problem isn't connected with it. When I press "Continue Capmaign" after editing EDU, I have loading screen with frames from movies and than the game closes with error. The same was when I downloaded the last patch, but I solved it with replacing animation txt. with its older verison. But Ok, it doesnt disturbs just interesting because I would like to have 60 soldiers in unit instead of 62)

also I'd like to increase armour of silvan spearmen because their casualties are the same as swordmen's which seems incorrect to me. I'm going to check it but in general I can edit EDU and easily play for Lorien ELves but not for Silvan

Hello all, I installed TATW, I installed MOS 1.7 also no problem but when I launch TATW it's TATW that launches and I have a crash, I installed "submod fix" (cfg file) I have it replaced in TATW folder but still the same, can you help me?

Steam version / window 11
    Last edited by Rescator; July 28, 2023 at 01:37 AM.
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin

Quote Originally Posted by Rescator View Post
    Hello all, I installed TATW, I installed MOS 1.7 also no problem but when I launch TATW it's TATW that launches and I have a crash, I installed "submod fix" (cfg file) I have it replaced in TATW folder but still the same, can you help me?

Steam version / window 11
    I don't know which install you used. I would advise to use the one in the second post of this thread, unless that is the one you already used. If that doesn't work I'm afraid I can't help you.

Yes I used the one from the second post (mega) and the fix too, before installing MOS, I installed MTW2 and then TATW, bug at the start TATW could not find "kingdom exe", I made a copy of "medieval exe " and I renamed to "kingdom exe" and tatw worked, then MOS and then TATW launches and crashes! I already played MOS a few years ago and it worked, I don't know how to solve the problem today
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin