Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Warden View Post
    Thank you nice to be here, I suppose it has something to do with my computer, but i used to play the same game same mod in my older laptop with no problems, this one is better, i installed 2 times cleanly , can handle the game very easyly , i want to play this mod again, but this stutter in combat very annoying, not really a lag or fps drop, its freezing very shortly every 3-5 second for 1 seconds , maybe there is some fix for this maybe some of you experienced this, or can lead me to a topic that can be helpful, thanks for the reply.
    try updating your screen or videocard driver
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

atthias, my drivers are up to date , using online driver update program that updates whole drivers all the time, by the way, i tried to vote for the map editor on ur signature its off, sadly, i am one of those waiting for that mod also. Again, my computer specs are: gtx 660m graphic card, i7 3630qm processor, 12 gb ram. Any help much obliged waiting for ur replies ,thanks.

Hi! I'm intereses in playing nos 1.7 with the stratmap of 1.6 ; is there a file I can simply copy from 1.6 or will it not woIrk? I mean can I do this or must I install the hole 1.6 forplaying with it's map?
    By the way, the reason for this is I want a riverr pas near dunland apart from Tharbad (so that I get to fight High Elves when playing Isengard) so modifyingg the stratmap is another option, butvo don't know how I could do that

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Warden View Post
    atthias, my drivers are up to date , using online driver update program that updates whole drivers all the time, by the way, i tried to vote for the map editor on ur signature its off, sadly, i am one of those waiting for that mod also. Again, my computer specs are: gtx 660m graphic card, i7 3630qm processor, 12 gb ram. Any help much obliged waiting for ur replies ,thanks.
    then I cannot solve your problem sorry
    ahh thanks for that the map petition thing forgot to add the info that it is send to CA now
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Please help me, when I start Mos 1.7 closes after a few seconds. I have Windows 10 , have reinstalled several times the mod and something tells me it can be because of G5BAISWITCHER .

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

i downloaded part 2 now 4 times and when i keep try to install it, it always stops at 86% and says Incomplete files

Try a different browser.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sussudio View Post
    Please help me, when I start Mos 1.7 closes after a few seconds. I have Windows 10 , have reinstalled several times the mod and something tells me it can be because of G5BAISWITCHER .
    Try running the Cleaner.bat. If that doesn't help, provide some more info about your install. Like if you have Steam or not, in which folder exactly you extracted the files, if you used the two part Mod DB install files or the one part Mega install file. Also it is good to know what your your install path looks like. A typical non Steam install would look something like this for example: ****\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    i downloaded part 2 now 4 times and when i keep try to install it, it always stops at 86% and says Incomplete files
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Try a different browser.
    Apart from downloading with a different browser (and not using your computer for anything else while you are doing this), you could also try to install the mod using the Mega download link (see first post) which is a one file install.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

xbraun's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sussudio View Post
    I had this problem as well. solved it by naming my Third_Age_3 file after one of the kingdom campaigns
    For example:
    you have the british_isles file and the Third_Age_3 file
    change the british_isles file to british_isles1
    change the Third_Age_3 file to british_isles
    now use the british_isles launcher on your desktop and you will launch Third Age.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

im non steam i finally downloaded the full download one huge file but when does it wont even open just crashes and says something like cane exe cant be found. i have standard mod 3.2 installed and that works fine. by the way does the standard mos need to be installed for MOS to work? or can i delete it?

its in C:program files(x86)\sega\medieval II total war\mods\MOS full version 1.70

update now its saying encountered an unspecified error when i try to start the game
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; May 30, 2016 at 01:07 PM.

Hi all. First off well done on the mod so far, played a few previous versions and just amazing. I have full version 1.7 with all patches installed and the game seemed to be going well, quick, custom and historical battles work but when I try to start a campaign a problem arises. I would pick a faction and then click the button start campaign but then I would be redirected to the main menu of the mod. If anyone knows a solution i would very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    im non steam i finally downloaded the full download one huge file but when does it wont even open just crashes and says something like cane exe cant be found. i have standard mod 3.2 installed and that works fine. by the way does the standard mos need to be installed for MOS to work? or can i delete it?

its in C:program files(x86)\sega\medieval II total war\mods\MOS full version 1.70

update now its saying encountered an unspecified error when i try to start the game
    MOS 1.7 doesn't require the previous version, in fact it is best to install it over a "fresh" TATW. If your mod folder is not called "Third_Age_3", it's best to extract the rar file somewhere and copy/paste the content of the the "Third_Age_3" folder into the folder that you use for your TATW install. Also you will probably have to edit the TATW.cfg file so that it will point to the correct folder.

Quote Originally Posted by sjordan497 View Post
    Hi all. First off well done on the mod so far, played a few previous versions and just amazing. I have full version 1.7 with all patches installed and the game seemed to be going well, quick, custom and historical battles work but when I try to start a campaign a problem arises. I would pick a faction and then click the button start campaign but then I would be redirected to the main menu of the mod. If anyone knows a solution i would very grateful. Thanks in advance.
    Try running the Cleaner.bat which you can find in the "Third_Age_3" folder.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Hi guys. I love your mod, but I want to tweak the stats for ballistas and catapults, particularly the attack versus building factor. I'm not interested in changing the attack versus troops factor at all. How do I do that? From what I can see, the export_descr_unit file is retarded. It only allows you to edit the attack versus troops factor and completely ignores that far more relevant siege aspect of attack versus walls. Yet this is a value that is assigned from some text file somewhere. Where exactly is that file located?

Basically, I want to lower the attack versus buildings values slightly, since it seems way too easy to tear down stone walls. These are not gunpowder weapons, yet they are almost portrayed as such given their sheer power. Even Gondor/Arnor trebuchets should take a more considerable amount of time tearing down one small section of city or castle walls.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Never heard there's a difference (google for it?). The projectiles do a certain amount of damage, to all, that's all. But lower that number, since the damage done to soldiers do not need to be +50 to eradicate them ASAP if it hits

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Ah! Okay. I'll try that out. Thanks for suggesting it.

Icon6 Good guys kicking bad guys butt

Hi everyone! In my last 3 campaigns the good guys has been kicking every bad faction... only reason mordor is alive is because I gift them gold, ALOT! :O
    And Dale is always taking out rhun (without mutch help from the dwarfs) And I was wonderinc why is that? Why cant the more powerfull rhun take down dale? Seems like all good factions are overpowerfull for the bad guys.... and I want to fight the bad guys not the good once xD

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Good guys kicking bad guys butt

Hmm, sounds odd, TATW is well balanced, but Gondor over time tends to be on the receiving end because of multiple fronts; do you play with any submod perhaps?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Oh yes sorry! Im playing it with MOS 1.7
    Only real difference from the last few campaigns is tjat this time I have enabled a mod from mos that makes your allies make war at those that are at war with you and vise versa! But thats it!

Quote Originally Posted by menetheren View Post
    Hi everyone! In my last 3 campaigns the good guys has been kicking every bad faction... only reason mordor is alive is because I gift them gold, ALOT! :O
    And Dale is always taking out rhun (without mutch help from the dwarfs) And I was wonderinc why is that? Why cant the more powerfull rhun take down dale? Seems like all good factions are overpowerfull for the bad guys.... and I want to fight the bad guys not the good once xD

Dale taking out Rhun... In the vanilla game (VH/VH) I hve to protect them as Dwarf, every single time or they get Erased by Rhun soon enough...

I know xD thats why its sow weird! When I played as free peoples dale took out Rhun and began to enter mordor from behind... :O