Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 265166676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Miles

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    MOS 1.7 doesn't need a cleaner, that is how I made the original build. Well, that is how I remember it at least, it's been five years ago.

Have you tried the mod bugfix, which you can find in the second post of this thread?
    Thank you for your answer!
    Aahhh! I see! I just remembered that there should be a cleaner and couldn't find it! Now I just read that you have made it obsolete

Anyway, I had previously changed (mod bugfix) the .CFG file and - for me - it only changed the location and name for the log.

I suggest for next update, you should put the path to TATW or the common logs into the code. I spend some time searching for the log
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = mods/Third_Age_3/system.log.txt
    I found the log and it shows that in "data/descr_projectile.txt" line 326. "aimed spin 4" which I changed to "aimed spin 4.0". I don't know if this have been found before?
    Next run gave "[script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/descr_character.txt, at line 302, column 1
    Could not find character battle model 'slave_general'.".
    I have no idea how to solve this.
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

How to trigger an offer for Shire / Fangorn autonomy when playing as either Eriador or Lothlorien?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Thank you for your answer!
    Aahhh! I see! I just remembered that there should be a cleaner and couldn't find it! Now I just read that you have made it obsolete

Anyway, I had previously changed (mod bugfix) the .CFG file and - for me - it only changed the location and name for the log.

I suggest for next update, you should put the path to TATW or the common logs into the code. I spend some time searching for the log
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = mods/Third_Age_3/system.log.txt
    I found the log and it shows that in "data/descr_projectile.txt" line 326. "aimed spin 4" which I changed to "aimed spin 4.0". I don't know if this have been found before?
    Next run gave "[script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/descr_character.txt, at line 302, column 1
    Could not find character battle model 'slave_general'.".
    I have no idea how to solve this.
    There won't be any updates, development of MOS stopped in 2016. The two updates that recently have been released, the installer Gigantus made and the Creatures crashes fix that is based on work done for DCI:LA are not the work of the MOS team. I did add them to MOS and even did contribute a little to getting the Creature crash fix working for MOS, but that's it.

AFAIK MOS should work when installed correctly. Only thing I can think of is checking if the CFG file is named 'tatw.cfg' and making sure that you are not trying to use a save file from before you installed the creatures crash fix, provided you did that.

My MOS install is up to date and working, just checked it to be sure. And I'm also using a disk version, be it not the gold one.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Log path is the same from the original third age, the .cfg file has probably remained the same from vanilla.

In you data/unit_models/battle_models.modeldb file there should be a slave_general entry (ctrl+f to find it).
    It's possible there is a faction missing for that entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    AFAIK MOS should work when installed correctly
    And how do one can tell whether its installed correctly? Does clean install mean it has been correctly install? So far I still can't get autonomy working

So, how to trigger an offer for Shire / Fangorn autonomy when playing as either Eriador or Lothlorien?

Quote Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
    And how do one can tell whether its installed correctly? Does clean install mean it has been correctly install? So far I still can't get autonomy working

So, how to trigger an offer for Shire / Fangorn autonomy when playing as either Eriador or Lothlorien?
    Don't know, the quote you posted was not an answer to your question. Not sure if autonomy can be triggered. It's not mentioned in the scripts document AFAIK. Haven't played MOS for many years and really can't remember how it's supposed to work.

As I recall, the autonomy scripts were removed in version 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by RInger View Post
    As I recall, the autonomy scripts were removed in version 1.7
    Ah, yes, we did remove some stuff when working on 1.7. so that could very well be the case for the autonomy script. Turn times began to really be a problem for MOS with all the scripts that were included, so we decided to remove some scripts to speed things up a bit.

Any way to change faction icons in MOS ?

I want to change this icon:

https://ibb.co/h7jD5yF

To this icon:

https://ibb.co/NWTbTy6

Thanks

Elven Bodyguard Using Crescent Flag Fix ?

Any way to change this flag:

https://ibb.co/dGtgXW4

or remove it ?

Thanks

Patrician

the faction symbols are in data/ui/faction_symbols.

your banners should be disabled by default. Go to your mod folder open the .cfg file and make sure it reads

[video]
    show_banners = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    the faction symbols are in data/ui/faction_symbols.

your banners should be disabled by default. Go to your mod folder open the .cfg file and make sure it reads

[video]
    show_banners = 0
    the .cfg file shows the line "show_banners = 0", so I don't know why it's showing an eastern flag from the base game. I remember having this problem before in old installs of the mod. I know it's because one of the eastern vanilla factions is being used for the high elves but I'm not sure how to fix it.

As for the first line in your reply, once I find the two separate symbols that I want to swap, do I just copy and paste ? Are they the same resolution/type ?

Also, is there a way to disable invasions ?

I want to use 3.1 with Baron Samedi's submod compilation that gives you far more options, one of which regards disabling invasions, but for some insane reason the 3.1 patch has been deleted.

In my current MOS game as the high elves I'm around turn 100 and Mordor has called an invasion on one of Rohan's settlements.

Can I disable invasions in the game files and is it save game compatible ?

I thought there was an option at the start of MOS to disable invasions. If there was I would have decided to disable them.

Thanks for all of your help, I appreciate it.

Patrician

You can try changing your medieval2.preference.cfg as well. It's located inside your medieval II total war folder.
    Locate show_banners and make sure it equals 0.

Also you can try right clicking your tatw.cfg, go to properties and make the file read-only, try to run the mod as administrator as well.

I don't think the symbols will be the same size, you'll probably have to do some investigating on your own.

You can disable invasions through scripting, I don't know much about scripting so I can't really help you with that. It would probably not be save game compatible.

Thanks for the help.

As the high elves I can't get rivendell above 400 population, same with mithlond but lond artharan is growing fine. Is there some hidden mechanic related to the leaving of the elves ? It isn't worth it to pay 7k for the building that increases population growth by 0.5% if the population isn't growing in the first place.

Thanks !

In my medieval II total war folder, I found the preferences.cfg file and checked the line, and it reads:

"show_banners = 1"

If I edit this line to read "show_bannesr = 0", as you suggested, how will this affect the game ?

Will it stop showing the floating banners above units ?

I want the banners to stay; it is just the one out of place vanilla M2TW middle eastern banner that I want to delete or replace with something that looks elven to fit in with the unit.

This is what the banner looks like:

https://ibb.co/dGtgXW4

Patrician

yes that would remove the banners. Your banners are in data/banners/textures. There should be 3 for egypt (high elves), maybe one file is missing.

You can download and use the texture converter to look at how the banners look (you need python 2.6.6 to run it link the comments of the download page)

Thanks,

As the high elves I can't get rivendell above 400 population, same with mithlond but lond artharan is growing fine. Is there some hidden mechanic related to the leaving of the elves ? It isn't worth it to pay 7k for the building that increases population growth by 0.5% if the population isn't growing in the first place.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi MOS Team!

I'm loving the Mod, I tested the new Wolf, Ent, Spider animation bug fix and so far it works without a hitch, great work!!

But I'm encountering a new Problem, I am sieging the Orc's of Gundabad's Capitol of Gundabad, as the Lothlorian Elves with my allies the Dwarves of Eribor (Who were already there) so I came to support to them and get the Orcs off my Northern Border so I can concentrate my efforts on the fight with Mordor.

So.. I start the Battle, we run past the arch and line ourselves up near the town centre and my archers rain arrows on the Orcs, everything seems fine until the Dwarves finally catch up and start attacking the Orcs in melee.

Then as soon as that happens an unspecified crash happens; everytime I reload the save, same thing happens.
    No idea what is triggering the crash?

MOS 1.7 Seige of Gundabad Crash.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Hey guys, your game has a significant error regarding the "Bandits" unit that causes a CTD, one that has been around for years but you guys have either not noticed or never bothered to fix. It's due to the officer "slave captain" designated for that unit. Removing the officer from the export_descr_unit file fixes the problem if you're just looking for an easy fix, but what you should is update the mod with a full correction as stipulated below.

When you open the "battle_models_modelsdb" file in the "unit_models" folder, it becomes clear that this is all due to a minor clerical error. The following entry from that file as it stands right now accidentally duplicates the first lines about models and textures while failing to include the attachment sets:

Code:
    13 slave_captain 
    [...]
    The duplicate lines should be replaced with those directed towards the appropriate files in the "data/unit_models/attachmentsets" folder. The ones you need to list from over there are clearly the "slave_captain_diff.texture" and "slave_captain_norm.texture" files. Please consider updating the MOS patch with this particular fix.
    Can you post the fixed lines or fixed file? I'm not sure I understand it, as the files it refers to actually exist
    Last edited by Toranks; December 29, 2020 at 07:37 AM.

I'm playing the 1.6.2. patch that I had to manually install because of issues with the launcher creating a SEGA folder and trying to place uninstall files in my steam/steamapps/common folder for some reason.

I'm using the Reunited Kingdom Submod:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...LEASED!/page83

As Gondor, there's a building called the hunting lodge, I can't figure out what it does and the description doesn't state it.

I used the console to auto complete the building queue it was in and nothing changed with the settlement. Googling it brings up a TWcenter thread discussing using it to recruit "lumbermen" but checking Gondor's unit roster in a custom battle doesn't show any such unit.

Any idea what it does ?

Also, what's 1.6.2 balanced for ? H/H ? I'm playing on M/H because stack spam irritates me but Minas Tirith, Pelagir, West Osgiliath, Ithilien, are all citadels that allow free upkeep of three to five units. I can leave five units with free upkeep in Minas Tirith, West Osgiliath, Ithilien each. That seems a bit much ?

I'm also making 9k per turn.

If I increase to H/H will the free upkeep slots reduce ?

Finally, when selecting buildings in the construction screen of a settlement some of them, mostly barracks, show information that likely should be hidden; something along the lines of {GONDOR_YEOMEN_ARCHER;;2 MAX ... etc.

Is this a problem with the submod's install ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. I really appreciate it, I don't know where else to ask.
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; December 30, 2020 at 06:00 PM.