Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2449646566676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Army of The Dead

What trigger The Army of The Dead Oath Fulfillment? Does it number of turns (how many turns)? or something else? In my current campaign playing as Eriador I've managed to use The Army of The Dead to great effect but afterward their oath were fulfilled, yet I still have a need to retain them to fight elsewhere

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Army of The Dead

Quote Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
    What trigger The Army of The Dead Oath Fulfillment? Does it number of turns (how many turns)? or something else? In my current campaign playing as Eriador I've managed to use The Army of The Dead to great effect but afterward their oath were fulfilled, yet I still have a need to retain them to fight elsewhere
    I haven't played a MOS campaign in a long time, so I could be wrong, but I think it's the number of battles you use them in. Don't know what that number is exactly though.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Make great use of them before they are gone (you will miss them haha).

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Hello, it seems that neither of the links for mega.nz works and the torrent for gigantus installer is stuck at 41.8%(both of those found in this thread 2nd post). Sorry If I have posted in the wrong section.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorfist View Post
    Hello, it seems that neither of the links for mega.nz works and the torrent for gigantus installer is stuck at 41.8%(both of those found in this thread 2nd post). Sorry If I have posted in the wrong section.
    Posting here about it is okay.
    This is a bit strange though, as I downloaded those files myself earlier today. However, a torrent getting stuck somewhere is not uncommon, unless you have seeders online.

There are other options left, don't know why you haven't tried them. For TATW, the Google drive link for TATW is usually very fast, There is a Mediafire link and of course the Mega link, that I host and seems to work okay.

For MOS there is a Mega link which I also host and which seems to be working fine. There is a torrent and I just added a new option, the ModDB links are active now. Been working on getting that done for hours now and it is the reason why I happened to download both TATW and MOS earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Posting here about it is okay.
    This is a bit strange though, as I downloaded those files myself earlier today. However, a torrent getting stuck somewhere is not uncommon, unless you have seeders online.

There are other options left, don't know why you haven't tried them. For TATW, the Google drive link for TATW is usually very fast, There is a Mediafire link and of course the Mega link, that I host and seems to work okay.

For MOS there is a Mega link which I also host and which seems to be working fine. There is a torrent and I just added a new option, the ModDB links are active now. Been working on getting that done for hours now and it is the reason why I happened to download both TATW and MOS earlier today.
    For Mega I get a your connection is not private error(http://prntscr.com/tvubdu), but it seems to be working on moddb now(the links are there). Thank you for your work.
    Also MOS is the best submod out there(DaC is too much of aru's fantasies mostly loosely related to lotr lore).

I haven't played a MOS campaign in a long time, so I could be wrong, but I think it's the number of battles you use them in. Don't know what that number is exactly though.
    yeah its seem the trigger is the number of battle. So far I've managed to retain them for over 20 turns already. I let the King of The Dead running Isengard after I've took it by using different army

yeah its seem the trigger is the number of battle. So far I've managed to retain them for over 20 turns already. I let the King of The Dead running Isengard after I've took it by using different army
    That could be an exploit, but it is up to you how you want to play your campaign. However, although you may very well loose without the Army of the Dead, having them always at your disposal kills the campaign in my view (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Valorfist View Post
    Also MOS is the best submod out there(DaC is too much of aru's fantasies mostly loosely related to lotr lore).
    Hi, I very much liked the submod too, although turn times made it literally unplayable for me unfortunately (sorry).

Has anyone found a way to alleviate it?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    Hi, I very much liked the submod too, although turn times made it literally unplayable for me unfortunately (sorry).

Has anyone found a way to alleviate it?
    Thanks.
    No. Unless you upgrade your computer and get a very fast CPU, especially in single core.

This mod is not in development anymore, hasn't been for years. It's a small miracle that Gigantus provided a fancy installer.

That could be an exploit, but it is up to you how you want to play your campaign. However, although you may very well loose without the Army of the Dead, having them always at your disposal kills the campaign in my view (pun intended).
    This mod has already too much of Peter Jackson esque rather than Tolkien. Having The Oathbreaker fought in Pelennor Fields only happen in the movie!

FYI The Oathbreaker oath to Isildur was to defend their own AOR (Area of Responsibility) NOT to goes to war elsewhere not even to defend Minas Anor or Osgiliath for that matter. What Aragorn did was merely demand them to fulfill their original oath to Isildur in legally enforceable and practically achievable manner which is to defend Gondor within their original AOR during Isildur time, in this case it was Gondor coastal region.

This mod has already too much of Peter Jackson esque rather than Tolkien. Having The Oathbreaker fought in Pelennor Fields only happen in the movie!

FYI The Oathbreaker oath to Isildur was to defend their own AOR (Area of Responsibility) NOT to goes to war elsewhere not even to defend Minas Anor or Osgiliath for that matter. What Aragorn did was merely demand them to fulfill their original oath to Isildur in legally enforceable and practically achievable manner which is to defend Gondor within their original AOR during Isildur time, in this case it was Gondor coastal region.
    . Don't know why you would link a remark about gameplay with me not having read the Lord of the Rings. I did, first time when I was twelve, which is long ago. I read those books several times since and my little personal Tolkien library has slowly grown over the years.

. Don't know why you would link a remark about gameplay with me not having read the Lord of the Rings. I did, first time when I was twelve, which is long ago. I read those books several times since and my little personal Tolkien library has slowly grown over the years.
    I've said nothing to that effect. My point is, if retaining the Grey Hosst is to be considered "exploit" than the ability to breach the wall of Minas Tirith or Minas Morgul with ordinary battering ram is also an exploit (not to mention marching under water in front of Minas Morgul)

Anyway the trigger of the oath fulfillment seem to be in The King of The Dead rather than the grey host as a whole or in part. So far I had use them for 5 epic battles and still retaining them. However in the 2nd battle The King of The Dead was slain, but his former host still around just like any other normal units albeit they scare the hell out of everyone, even The Witch King with full strength brigade + 2 equally strength reinforcement fear them even without their King of The Dead being presence.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Lothlorien Start.. Noticed a couple of CTD causing bugs

Hey guys still loving this sub-mod after so many years, glad it's still being worked on.

But I've encountered a couple pf bugs during my Lothlorian playthrough.

1) Wolf rebel units are bugged.
    Basically when you decide to enter the battle, you get the generals speech and when you press "start battle", the game CTD's, tried this a dozen times and same result.

2) Entering Siege against Orc Rebels in Moria causes a CTD. Doesn't even load the moment you click enter battle on campaign map, it CTD's.

What do I need to make your job easier here? I can't remember what needs to be provided?

--------
    Save file no mods just vanilla Third Age + Mod 1.7 Steam Edition
    --------
    MOS 1.7 Broken Wolves and seige of Moria.zip

With the wolves will be a hit and miss(you might be able to load in after a few tries). With Moria I think the Balrog is causing the CTD.
    You won't like this, but the fastest solution is to console win the battles, and if not enough casualties disband a unit or 2 after the battle.(auto_win attacker or defender)

There is no real development going on with this mod, besides Gigantus offering to provide a new installer some time ago. An offer I gladly accepted.

There is some progress being made with fixing the creature crashes elsewhere and this may lead to a solution for Ents, Spiders and Wolves in particular at this moment. I will get back on that if and when it's ready, but I can tell you that things are looking very promising. Perhaps the Balrog will be tackled also, but at this point it is not included.

Edit: I just learned that the Balrog and Sauron will probably be included also.
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 14, 2020 at 10:48 AM.

That are some great news! Those craches were the main reason for me cancelling so many enjoyable playthroughs for Lorien and Silvan Kingdom...

Dear MOS 1.7 players,

After some intensive work, Im happy to announce that a MOS_Creatures_Fix patch is now available.

This fix should dramatically reduce, if not totally eliminate the crashes that a lot of people experience when the following units are present in a battle:
    Ents, Wolves, Spiders, The Balrog, Sauron.

Some other fixes have been implemented also, you can have look at it all by clicking on the link in the last line of this post. Although that is the description of what is in the original TATW creatures fix, much of it will probably work for MOS too. I can already state while doing some testing for this fix in custom battle, I got a single Sauron unit instead of three Saurons as it used to be. I think it was like that, it's been years since I last saw Sauron(s) in MOS. The same goes for the Balrog, from what I noticed during a few test battles that too seems to have turned into a single unit.

Install instructions:

1) Download the patch from this LINK. Alternatively, you can download it from MEGA HERE.
    2) Optional: Make a backup of the 'Animations' folder and 'descr_mount.txt' file. They are both located in the 'Data' folder. If something goes wrong overwrite the folders with the backup ones.
    3) Unzip the patch file in your main MOS folder, accept overwrite files when asked. If you are not asked to overwrite files, you have unzipped the patch in the wrong folder.
    4) Start the mod, play with some creatures. It should not be necessary to run the 'Cleaner.bat' file, but it shouldn't do any harm either.

Credits:

Louis Lux : for his instructions on how to get this done and his invaluable assistance in solving the unexpected problems that manifested themselves during the making of this fix.
    Veteraan : for testing the fix and making the the actual patch file (a rather minor job).
    This fix would not have been possible without the work and assistance from Jojo00182 and the rest of the Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the end of times team

This fix is based on the earlier work done HERE

I would be very interested in some feedback about the patch, before I will add it to the First Post and probably ModDB.

Edit: The MOS_Creatures_Fix is most likely not save game compatible. If you want to finish a current campaign, you should wait with applying the patch until that campaign is concluded.
    Last edited by Veteraan; September 11, 2020 at 01:58 PM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

It's a case of Great News but Bad News (For me).

Great News! I tested the new animation fix in a new Lothlorian Campaign and I faced the Wolves that always appear north between my territory and Moria and it didn't crash when I entered battle!
    So.. Brilliant!! Great work, it does seem to fix the crash. Early days but it's looking positive!

Bad News! Reason I started new campaign as Lothlorian, the fix doesn't seem to be save compatible? It corrupted my save game.
    Unless I was really unlucky to corrupt my save the moment I tried this fix?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    It's a case of Great News but Bad News (For me).

Great News! I tested the new animation fix in a new Lothlorian Campaign and I faced the Wolves that always appear north between my territory and Moria and it didn't crash when I entered battle!
    So.. Brilliant!! Great work, it does seem to fix the crash. Early days but it's looking positive!

Bad News! Reason I started new campaign as Lothlorian, the fix doesn't seem to be save compatible? It corrupted my save game.
    Unless I was really unlucky to corrupt my save the moment I tried this fix?
    Good info, I'm not sure if this fix is savegame compatible, but I would expect it not to be. Time for some testing.

Edit: I did a quick test just to check that there would be no crashes when starting a new campaign. It seems there are not.

I don't think you were unlucky but rather that the MOS_Creatures_Fix is indeed not save game compatible.
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 21, 2020 at 04:41 PM.