Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2045606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS Cair Andros Broken

Quote Originally Posted by TheKrizMan View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this cause I'm a noob so flame me.
    Cair Andros is and has always been massively broken in all my TATW MOS installations.
    When the map loads up in a battle it's all black and 100% of the defending army dies instantly, all but 10-20 attacking troops die instantly.
    I'm coming here from the steam forums, where I was informed that my problem was so unique that this might be the only place I can get advice.
    Here are my questions:
    Has this problem surfaced before, and how can I fix it?

In all of my Gondor/Mordor games I have to put a full stack of units to deter attacks, because defenders always get wiped out by the bug.
    I won't go as far as to call it game breaking, but it's excruciatingly annoying to play around.

Regards with hopes of a resolve.
    Welcome to TWC.

Looks like you didn't install the MOS 1.70 all inclusive patch, which switches the Cair Andros settlement for a standard Castle. It solves a lot of other problems too. You can download this patch in the first post of this thread, look for this part:
    Massive Overhaul Submod (MOS) 1.7 full version install and download instructions:

It's a pity you seem to have missed this patch, which was released in 2015 IIRC. But it is never too late to fix a game!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, the MOS team has not been active for several years now. I have kept an eye on the thread, host the download files on two sites and occasionally reply here when I think I can add something useful, but that's about it.
    The few times I play (I need 36 hours per day ) I still play MOS 1.7, which remains a great submod, full of fun IMO
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    The few times I play (I need 36 hours per day ) I still play MOS 1.7, which remains a great submod, full of fun IMO
    I know the feeling of needing more hours in a day!

Hey all,

Having problems with the Eriador -> Arnor transition. I used the FARLauncher.exe and it changed everything correctly except for the actual name. It still displays as Free Peoples of Eriador in diplomacy screen and during end turn. Anyone encounter this problem and know a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Civis

Welcome to the forums, Toranius!
    This is an issue I was facing a while back as well. It seem there is no clear fix. IIRC I had to restart in order to get it to work, but that's just too much hassle. If you watch Lionheartx10's Eriador series on YouTube that he did a while back, you'll notice he has the same problem as well. It is pretty odd. I don't know about any fix that will work with your current save-game. IF you wish to solve it however, what did it for me was starting a new campaign after having chosen Arnor with the FAR launcher, playing one turn with it on (even if you actually are Eriador), then saving, quitting, switching back to Eriador with FAR, and continuing your new campaign as usual, changing to Arnor once relevant. Not optimal, however.

As Frotzy said:
    Welcome to the forums, Toranius!
    Having a quick look at FAR files, I can confirm your problem.
    Fortunately, the fix is pretty easy: go to "your TATW MOS 1.7 installation directory\FAR\Arnor", open expanded.txt file with Notepad or Notepad++(recommended), find "{TURKS}Free Peoples of Eriador" line, change it to "{TURKS}Arnor", and save file. As you are already used FAR launcher, you also have to a)copy your changed expanded.txt file to "your TATW MOS 1.7 installation directory\data\text", and replace incorrect version already there, and c)delete expanded.txt.strings.bin. That should do the trick, and you won't need to worry about this bug, if you'll use FAR launcher in future campaigns.

Also, I'm patiently waiting for RK submod for MOS 1.7 and fix for all those pesky little bugs

Thanks for the warm welcome, from you both! Tried what you suggested, CalamariGhost, and it worked like a charm! Much appreciated!

Thousands of pesky bugs have been eradicated only for new ones to emerge. The process of eradication is a never ending process.

In the RK mod start map models have been standardized for Eriador/Arnor and Gondor which will hopefully eliminate issues, although there are 9 expanded files to deal with and not two as in MOS 1.7.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; October 11, 2019 at 01:02 AM.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

I am trying to modify some files to make Uruks and possibly Black Numeronian cavalry recruitable everywhere (by Mordor) if they have really high culture (aka lots of evil orcs and humans!). So far i have not been succesfull - any tips what to do?

I am confused how it seems that all barracks in export_descr_buildings have that unit available. So what is the file that determines where i can recruit them? Ideally, i would make it so that you can retrain them to get more soldiers everywhere (and not just retrain to improve armor/weapons/experience), but i don't think that can be done without making them also recruitable everywhere. If it already is like that, then awesome, no need to change things.
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; October 29, 2019 at 10:29 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

Bonjour,
    I play Woodland Realm. I occupy Amon Lanc. Invasion was called upon Minas Tirith. A Mordor général (identified with the red circle on his banner) instead of going to Minas Tirith besieges Amon Lanc ! Is IA cheating ?

Quote Originally Posted by g2nim View Post
    Bonjour,
    I play Woodland Realm. I occupy Amon Lanc. Invasion was called upon Minas Tirith. A Mordor général (identified with the red circle on his banner) instead of going to Minas Tirith besieges Amon Lanc ! Is IA cheating ?
    Well, the AI can't really cheat of course, but there are limits to what the developers can do. AI invasions can do things that the player cannot get away with. A reason why I personally don't like the feature.

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

yet in others games (Stainless Steel for exemple) if you play a faction who go to the crusade your army looses units if you don't go straight to the aim.

yet in others games (Stainless Steel for exemple) if you play a faction who go to the crusade your army looses units if you don't go straight to the aim.
    Yes, your army, but probably not the AI armies. Unless that is somehow 'fixed' in Stainless Steel. Haven't played that in many years now.

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

Bonjour,
    in my new play I run Eriador. I took Moria. I can grow up Army barracks to Royal barracks but enables training of Breeland militia et merchant milicia only. Why ? Same thing for pratice range to Archery range. And how I can recrute Knights of Annùmians ? Merci.

Bonjour,
    in my new play I run Eriador. I took Moria. I can grow up Army barracks to Royal barracks but enables training of Breeland militia et merchant milicia only. Why ? Same thing for pratice range to Archery range. And how I can recrute Knights of Annùmians ? Merci.
    Working as intended - Greenway and Dunedain are restricted to certain settlements in Eriador. Green Book building descriptions usually indicate, which unique units you can recruit in the area.
    Knights of Annùmians are recruitable from Annùmians only, after the restoration of Arnor. Honestly, they are pretty useless, as you'll fight far away from Annùmians, long before meeting conditions, required to restore Arnor, and their recruitment is slow.

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

so the more land you gain the more power you lose ?!

so the more land you gain the more power you lose ?!
    From a certain point of view. Just like in real wars, yes?

On the other hand, while you are supposed to restore Arnor to advance beyound borders of the Eriador itself(and most of the Arnorian army units are not restricted by region, except for Dunedain and Knights of Annùmians, representing transition from loose patchwork of scattered settlements to unified kingdom with standing professional army), late-game Eriador becomes economic powerhorse, and can easily churn army after army.
    In fact, I've even seen recommendations to ignore Arnor at all, because it would weaken your economy. Never tried that myself, through.

Also, I'm suprised you were able to claim Moria. In my campaigns, Lorien usually overwhelm its defence around turn 30, even with garrison script active.

Hello,

Does MOS 1.70 contain the elven units from the hobbit movies?

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Hi Bros!
    Iv'e editing MOS 3.2 quite a lot to make a faster, simpler game without compromissing the fun, but I'm stuck with one I can't find anywhere.
    I'm trying to reverse engineer the "loremaster's" traits to my faction leader. I've noticed loremasters cause a small boost in culture conversion.
    I have a few doubts about it:

1. What "unit" is the loremaster? I already know they are imams but can't find any unit named imam, priest or loremaster to check their specs.
    2. What trait" they have, if any?
    3. Is it a unit trait or some other script somewhere else that gives the culture conversion boost to the loremasters?
    4. If my idea is completelly impossible, how can I adjust the amount of culture a building can increase per turn in a city?

Halp, please.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi, I believe this applies to the DCI: Tol Acharn submod: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...9#post10664879
    Some information about the Loremasters is there under Acharn Mechanics (extensive info).
    I'd suggest you to look into the campaign_script and find where they are being spawned. The traits they get should be named just there.
    I don't have MOS installed, so I can't exactly point things out to you.