Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    I'm not sure it was worth it to be honest, because I really can't stand the long turn times that started occuring.

EDIT: nvm, it must be on my end as I replaced it with the original file and end turn times are still long.
    1) where is your files located?
    2) Is full screen OFF, in Third Age.bat? If so, turn it to full screen

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Wettergren View Post
    1) where is your files located?
    2) Is full screen OFF, in Third Age.bat? If so, turn it to full screen
    Turns out the Thranduil Army reskin mod caused the lag. It's all good now. Sorry for hijacking your thread with this issue MOS guys.

But hey, at least we know the additional ancillaries work perfectly!
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Hey yall, love the new version, I can't stop playing! In the face of Fallout 4 DLC I'm still spending most of my time battling off Orcs and Urukai from Edoras. Thank you team!

I have a small bug however, with the dismounted royal guard bowman for Rohan, the unit's beards and faces seem to be missing textures. I'm getting grey beards, different colored hair, and black or missing faces. I'm installed on steam in my normal deep ass steam game folder, are those textures too deep and that's why its bugged? Strange random occurrence? Could I install just the textures and be good, if they were uploaded? Help would be nice, but I sure don't need it to have a great time, thanks again!

EDIT: My mounted Royal Guards are also affected.
    Last edited by ninja51; May 22, 2016 at 05:53 PM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    Hey yall, love the new version, I can't stop playing! In the face of Fallout 4 DLC I'm still spending most of my time battling off Orcs and Urukai from Edoras. Thank you team!

I have a small bug however, with the dismounted royal guard bowman for Rohan, the unit's beards and faces seem to be missing textures. I'm getting grey beards, different colored hair, and black or missing faces. I'm installed on steam in my normal deep ass steam game folder, are those textures too deep and that's why its bugged? Strange random occurrence? Could I install just the textures and be good, if they were uploaded? Help would be nice, but I sure don't need it to have a great time, thanks again!

EDIT: My mounted Royal Guards are also affected.
    it is a known bug and there is no fix for it at the moment
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    it is a known bug and there is no fix for it at the moment
    Thanks for the info, it isn't really an issue, all in all, id say they almost look more badass as future synth viking warriors!

So far my favorite TATW submod! This submod just needs more factions, I hope this project will expand further.

The factions that I would like to see are: Corsairs of Umbar, Variags of Khand and Dol Guldur, and split the Dwarves faction into: Ered Luin, Erebor and Iron Hills.

Also you could rename the Orcs of Gundabad faction to "Angmar" and make the Black Numenoreans more diverse and not only in Mordor, this submod has only dismounted and mounted Black Numenorean and they are very overpowered, but they could be more diverse by adding some militia, swordsmen, pikemen and archers units with more "regular stats", and add this race units to the Orcs of Gundabad faction since Black Numenorean were very common in the Angmar realm along with the Rudhaur wild men and the Gundabad's Orcs, these three along with the Snow Trolls and Wolves were the main force of the Witch King's realm, I think there were also Werewolves.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

^
    Basically you want a combined DaC and MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob13 View Post
    So far my favorite TATW submod! This submod just needs more factions, I hope this project will expand further.

The factions that I would like to see are: Corsairs of Umbar, Variags of Khand and Dol Guldur, and split the Dwarves faction into: Ered Luin, Erebor and Iron Hills.

Also you could rename the Orcs of Gundabad faction to "Angmar" and make the Black Numenoreans more diverse and not only in Mordor, this submod has only dismounted and mounted Black Numenorean and they are very overpowered, but they could be more diverse by adding some militia, swordsmen, pikemen and archers units with more "regular stats", and add this race units to the Orcs of Gundabad faction since Black Numenorean were very common in the Angmar realm along with the Rudhaur wild men and the Gundabad's Orcs, these three along with the Snow Trolls and Wolves were the main force of the Witch King's realm, I think there were also Werewolves.
    To piggy back off of this,

I want a golden goose that transforms into a woman who's individual enough to engage me, but not enough to call me evil and stop being my grimy sex slave. Mods PLZ help!

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rob13 View Post

Hello Rob, thank you for the kind comment!
    Unfortunately, there is pretty much no chance of MOS implementing any of you wishes...
    The Corsairs and especially the Variags will serve no real purpose gameplay-wise, we have very good reasons for not splitting up Mordor and the Dwarves (lore, mainly) and we have reached the unit cap. That means that for every unit we implement, we have to take one out. So Gundabad might get some love in the future, but not this kind of overhaul. Besides: the realm of the Witch King doesn't exist in the War of the Ring. For me personally it's already a stretch that there is a separate Gundabad faction in the first place, though many others will think differently about it I guess...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    For me personally it's already a stretch that there is a separate Gundabad faction in the first place, though many others will think differently about it I guess...
    Mostly due to gameplay than anything; when it was just one OMM faction the AI was not able to handle the situation (too many fronts) and got overrunned. Splitting it into two factions balanced up the situation.
    Not that OoG should get just that kind of love though, since there never were any Black Númenóreans in either Angmar or Rhudaur; that idea, AFAIK, was invented by some LotR spinn off computer games.

@ninja51
    One shall not expect people to know about where the limitations are, so it's not nice to mock folks before they got a chance to learn
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 24, 2016 at 07:07 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hello Rob, thank you for the kind comment!
    Unfortunately, there is pretty much no chance of MOS implementing any of you wishes...
    The Corsairs and especially the Variags will serve no real purpose gameplay-wise, we have very good reasons for not splitting up Mordor and the Dwarves (lore, mainly) and we have reached the unit cap. That means that for every unit we implement, we have to take one out. So Gundabad might get some love in the future, but not this kind of overhaul. Besides: the realm of the Witch King doesn't exist in the War of the Ring. For me personally it's already a stretch that there is a separate Gundabad faction in the first place, though many others will think differently about it I guess...
    My suggestion, my two cents:
    1. Split dwarwes(only dwarfes, NOT mordor and dont create varyags). Reason: if dwarwes didnt had link their lands from erebor to ered luin - then after defeating gundabad there are a lot of full dwarf armies closed in ered luin and doing nothing except "eating" dwarf AI faction moneys.
    2. Return of witch-king is not lore but brings in game a lot of interesting moments.
    3. About unit cap: PLEASE REMOVE dat 100500 catapults ballists and etc for each faction. Its ENOUGH just one type for elves, one for humans(all human factions) and one for all orcs. Also i suggest to remove 90% of dat elrohir bodyguard faramir bodyguard and etc - just leave a few(1-5) very important like witch-king, elrond, denethor, aragon and gandalf. That's all. Also looks like some orc factions have same units twiced - snagas, wolf riders (OoMM and OoG) with same stats - again remove this. I think after that we will get a lot of free units for creating. Also remove some units that used in garrison script and replace them with usual units.
    4. My little wish - i wanna see Dorwinion(northmen + avari from DaC) in game and HE splitted to two factions(mithlond of teleri+noldor and imladris with noldor) with quest to unite them(throw command give_everything_to_faction as it made in reunited kingdom)
    5. RacesSubmod from DaC(i released it before) - i can make application for very easy integration this races to any submod if DaC creators will permite to use it in mods.
    6. Enchansed-Submode for MOS with guilds. I think guilds are make some good difference in game.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Mostly due to gameplay than anything; when it was just one OMM faction the AI was not able to handle the situation (too many fronts) and got overrunned. Splitting it into two factions balanced up the situation.
    Not that OoG should get just that kind of love though, since there never were any Black Númenóreans in either Angmar or Rhudaur; that idea, AFAIK, was invented by some LotR spinn off computer games.

@ninja51
    One shall not expect people to know about where the limitations are, so it's not nice to mock folks before they got a chance to learn
    Battle for Middle Earth, Rise of the Witch King If you were curious about the spinoff game in question.
    Anyway, I guess Gundabad does indeed serve it's gameplay purpose and it's a useful addition because of that. My comment was not a plea to remove it, just a sigh of frustration at my least favourite faction in TATW

Quote Originally Posted by MageNuada View Post
    My suggestion, my two cents:
    1. Split dwarwes(only dwarfes, NOT mordor and dont create varyags). Reason: if dwarwes didnt had link their lands from erebor to ered luin - then after defeating gundabad there are a lot of full dwarf armies closed in ered luin and doing nothing except "eating" dwarf AI faction moneys.
    2. Return of witch-king is not lore but brings in game a lot of interesting moments.
    3. About unit cap: PLEASE REMOVE dat 100500 catapults ballists and etc for each faction. Its ENOUGH just one type for elves, one for humans(all human factions) and one for all orcs. Also i suggest to remove 90% of dat elrohir bodyguard faramir bodyguard and etc - just leave a few(1-5) very important like witch-king, elrond, denethor, aragon and gandalf. That's all. Also looks like some orc factions have same units twiced - snagas, wolf riders (OoMM and OoG) with same stats - again remove this. I think after that we will get a lot of free units for creating. Also remove some units that used in garrison script and replace them with usual units.
    4. My little wish - i wanna see Dorwinion(northmen + avari from DaC) in game and HE splitted to two factions(mithlond of teleri+noldor and imladris with noldor) with quest to unite them(throw command give_everything_to_faction as it made in reunited kingdom)
    5. RacesSubmod from DaC(i released it before) - i can make application for very easy integration this races to any submod if DaC creators will permite to use it in mods.
    6. Enchansed-Submode for MOS with guilds. I think guilds are make some good difference in game.
    Concerning your point:
    1. Difficult one. What you say is true, but holds true even if there is just a useless Ered Luin faction simply doing nothing at all. The AI get's money assistance anyway and Ered Luin doesn't really serve a purpose as an extra faction. Also, I find that the Dwarves are usually succesful in linking their lands, if you don;t take settlements in the far north.
    2. Yes and I really like the game myself. That said, it doesn't really fit the vision of this submod.
    3. There might be some things we can do, yes. However, we already looked into it about a year ago and the units that are now removed are all that will be removed in the foreseeable future (even given that MOS is pretty much not in development right now, something I can't stress enough). The catapults will probably free up just a few slots, most of the bodyguards are pretty cool/useful (only the twins don't really need separate bodguard units) and removing the scripted garrison units is not possible for reasons of coding. There are other scripts that use them and will remove every single unit of that sort everytime the script is fired, which is why we need two separate versions of the same unit.
    4. Dorwinion would be pretty cool, but would be too much work for not enough gain, gamplay-wise. The same goes for the separate Elven factions. Also, there is not really a reason, gameplay or lore, to make 2 High Elven factions, same with the Dwarves.
    5+6. I've never heard of either, but if you think that those will be interesting additions and you can make a little submod of them, you are of course very welcome There are a couple of separate threads in the submod forum for MOS submods and we will probably add a link in the OP too.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Battle for Middle Earth, Rise of the Witch King If you were curious about the spinoff game in question.
    Anyway, I guess Gundabad does indeed serve it's gameplay purpose and it's a useful addition because of that. My comment was not a plea to remove it, just a sigh of frustration at my least favourite faction in TATW
    I thought so too, but that game is from 2011 and apperently The Lord of the Rings Online from 2007 had BNs in 'Angmar' already, so I am not sure where it comes from originally. Well well!
    Haha, think it's 'everyones' least fav faction

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Concerning your point:
    1. Difficult one. What you say is true, but holds true even if there is just a useless Ered Luin faction simply doing nothing at all. The AI get's money assistance anyway and Ered Luin doesn't really serve a purpose as an extra faction. Also, I find that the Dwarves are usually succesful in linking their lands, if you don;t take settlements in the far north.
    2. Yes and I really like the game myself. That said, it doesn't really fit the vision of this submod.
    3. There might be some things we can do, yes. However, we already looked into it about a year ago and the units that are now removed are all that will be removed in the foreseeable future (even given that MOS is pretty much not in development right now, something I can't stress enough). The catapults will probably free up just a few slots, most of the bodyguards are pretty cool/useful (only the twins don't really need separate bodguard units) and removing the scripted garrison units is not possible for reasons of coding. There are other scripts that use them and will remove every single unit of that sort everytime the script is fired, which is why we need two separate versions of the same unit.
    4. Dorwinion would be pretty cool, but would be too much work for not enough gain, gamplay-wise. The same goes for the separate Elven factions. Also, there is not really a reason, gameplay or lore, to make 2 High Elven factions, same with the Dwarves.
    5+6. I've never heard of either, but if you think that those will be interesting additions and you can make a little submod of them, you are of course very welcome There are a couple of separate threads in the submod forum for MOS submods and we will probably add a link in the OP too.
    1. Yes i can help AI to link their lands but it not always good idea. And yes in late game Ered Luin faction is become useless than. Also like HE in late game too if they under AI. But not linked dwarwes lands as united faction makes dwarwes weaker and make some wrong calculations for AIs(they thought that dwarwen faction is stronger than it is - but they have 1/3 armies closed in gap at west)
    2. OMG. And? Main objective is make this mod is most interesting submod for TATW i think. Lore accurate and vision is fellowship campaign - anything else already makes not accurate. Why witch-king can't return to Angbad if arnor reunited?
    3. OMG. there are SEVEN ballists for human factions - they can merged all in one for example. In all siege can free near 15-20 points of units. Useful just special BG as gray company and faramir BG others at stats is same as usual units in most... About garriosn: than may be make smaller some roasters of this units...
    4. The reason exists and it is important and valueable:
    diversity, variety, multiplicity three words, one meaning. DaC attraction in a lot of factions, but there is a much less scripts and some places really strange factions and not good UI for them: dol guldur, varyags, umbar, enedwaith. But in MOS we can import 3 factions: mithlond, ered luin and dowrinion carefully and this will give a lot of points for mod.
    5+6. Enchansed submod in start post of this topic - there is link to moddb to download it. O_O
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...raits-from-DaC - this is link to my topic with races from DaC.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MageNuada View Post
    1. Yes i can help AI to link their lands but it not always good idea. And yes in late game Ered Luin faction is become useless than. Also like HE in late game too if they under AI. But not linked dwarwes lands as united faction makes dwarwes weaker and make some wrong calculations for AIs(they thought that dwarwen faction is stronger than it is - but they have 1/3 armies closed in gap at west)
    2. OMG. And? Main objective is make this mod is most interesting submod for TATW i think. Lore accurate and vision is fellowship campaign - anything else already makes not accurate. Why witch-king can't return to Angbad if arnor reunited?
    3. OMG. there are SEVEN ballists for human factions - they can merged all in one for example. In all siege can free near 15-20 points of units. Useful just special BG as gray company and faramir BG others at stats is same as usual units in most... About garriosn: than may be make smaller some roasters of this units...
    4. The reason exists and it is important and valueable:
    diversity, variety, multiplicity three words, one meaning. DaC attraction in a lot of factions, but there is a much less scripts and some places really strange factions and not good UI for them: dol guldur, varyags, umbar, enedwaith. But in MOS we can import 3 factions: mithlond, ered luin and dowrinion carefully and this will give a lot of points for mod.
    5+6. Enchansed submod in start post of this topic - there is link to moddb to download it. O_O
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...raits-from-DaC - this is link to my topic with races from DaC.
    It's always nice to see some suggestions (or in this case a lot of them) about possible changes/additions to the mod. Personally I am a bit less enthusiastic about OMG's and such in reaction to a MOS team member taking the trouble to address all your points. You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but so are we and in the end it is our opinion that counts when it comes to what will be part of MOS and what not. There are many people that play this mod and and literally tens of thousands that have downloaded it. Whenever we change something, part of the players will be pleased and another part will not be. Well, I guess that's why we have so many different submods for TATW that are successful.

Anyway, please note what Greymane already stated:

(even given that MOS is pretty much not in development right now, something I can't stress enough).
    In addition to that I can tell you that the main effort the team was working on, when due to to RL issues development halted (temporarily we hope, but that is not sure), is the implementation of the Reunited Kingdom feature into MOS.

As for submods that will work with MOS, I am usually in favour of adding a link to them in the MOS OP and even host them on our Mod DB page. However, such submods will have to work without any problems with some player feedback to prove it, have a clear description of what they add/change to standard MOS and have some decent install instructions, preferably for Steam and non Steam versions of the game.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 26, 2016 at 08:28 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hey Guys,

First off, wow, props for keeping a cool head I might have been, well, less diplomatic, but anyhow.
    Are there any news, as to why the Battle Editor is not working in 1.7? (worked well in 1.62)

Also, can we still do online battles with GameSpy going "under"? (I know it happened in '13, but didn't realize it before now)

Hello everyone, i have been playing Lotr mods for a long time for this game. Recently i bought a new laptop and installed Third age MOS, in battles i am having stutter while i am moving camera like every 5 second, freezing for 1 second like every 5 seconds. My pc specs: Gtx 660m driver, i7 3630qm processor, i dont know whats causing this, i tried tinkering with video settins but nothing changed, i tried compability modes and admistor stuff, nothing worked anyone can help me here please, thanks.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Wettergren View Post
    Hey Guys,

First off, wow, props for keeping a cool head I might have been, well, less diplomatic, but anyhow.
    Are there any news, as to why the Battle Editor is not working in 1.7? (worked well in 1.62)

Also, can we still do online battles with GameSpy going "under"? (I know it happened in '13, but didn't realize it before now)
    yes use the steam version of MTW2
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Warden View Post
    Hello everyone, i have been playing Lotr mods for a long time for this game. Recently i bought a new laptop and installed Third age MOS, in battles i am having stutter while i am moving camera like every 5 second, freezing for 1 second like every 5 seconds. My pc specs: Gtx 660m driver, i7 3630qm processor, i dont know whats causing this, i tried tinkering with video settins but nothing changed, i tried compability modes and admistor stuff, nothing worked anyone can help me here please, thanks.
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I have no idea what is causing this annoying stutter. However, I don't think it has something to do with MOS in specific as a problem like this would surely lead to an avalanche of bug reports being posted here.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Thank you nice to be here, I suppose it has something to do with my computer, but i used to play the same game same mod in my older laptop with no problems, this one is better, i installed 2 times cleanly , can handle the game very easyly , i want to play this mod again, but this stutter in combat very annoying, not really a lag or fps drop, its freezing very shortly every 3-5 second for 1 seconds , maybe there is some fix for this maybe some of you experienced this, or can lead me to a topic that can be helpful, thanks for the reply.