Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1742575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Hello there. I have an issue regarding the "Silver Surfer" appearance of Galadhrim Swords in battles. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Can the OOTMM still recruit the Balrog in MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Can the OOTMM still recruit the Balrog in MOS?
    Yes, they can .

But you need certain requirements I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    Yes, they can .

But you need certain requirements I think.
    Just Mithril Mines in Khazad Dum and have be at least turn 90 right? That's vanilla.

So, game is crashing when playing versus spiders ( on the most northwestern island). Is it gonna crash with every rare beast ? Any workaround?
    Last edited by lequintal69; January 20, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Use deleted and start the game with a more or less clean RAM (alternatively apply the Memreduct cleaner before launching).

Please refrain from advocating the use of a program that changes the executable as this is not allowed on TWC
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 21, 2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Mentioning a program that changes the Kingdoms.exe

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

The posts about the CTD's, started by K966, have been moved to the Modding Questions and Help Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    So, game is crashing when playing versus spiders ( on the most northwestern island). Is it gonna crash with every rare beast ? Any workaround?
    Sadly a quite common problem. I has been claimed to be solved in some mods, but I can't confirm that. In MOS and many other mods the problem remains. I opened a thread specifically about this subject some years ago. There might be some info there that will help you. LINK

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

the missing icons (lothlorien boats for example) are they available ?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Least some should be.

As for the ships; open data/ui/units/egypt and copy
    #dromon.tga
    #holk.tga
    Paste them into data/ui/units/lorien

Do the equal thing in data/ui/unit_info

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

Thank you !

Hello @all,

i have a terriblle Bug all time I play MOS (since a lot of Years). If an Invasion be started and Edoras, Minas Tirith, Garas Galadhon, etc be captured, the Game crashed with unexpected error.
    This issue will be the same if the settlerments be captured without a started Invasion.
    I Installed MOS like the installation description a lot of times on different locations under different Operating systems. I has ever this Bug and found no solution for this issue.

Is it possible that this Issue is related to the "captured" or the "Invasion" Script?

I found nothing in the forum to this Bug, so if this be the wrong place pls move it to correct plase.

in the past, i have solved the issue with a fight (move an unit to siege and solve battle with autowin) but this makes no fun

Thank you in advance for help

Quote Originally Posted by Azanulimbar View Post
    Hello @all,

i have a terriblle Bug all time I play MOS (since a lot of Years). If an Invasion be started and Edoras, Minas Tirith, Garas Galadhon, etc be captured, the Game crashed with unexpected error.
    This issue will be the same if the settlerments be captured without a started Invasion.
    I Installed MOS like the installation description a lot of times on different locations under different Operating systems. I has ever this Bug and found no solution for this issue.
    Hmm, that's no fun indeed. However, this is not a bug I can recall being mentioned before, so I have no idea what's going on there, let alone how to solve it. Furthermore, for a few years now, there has been no work done on MOS whatsoever. I kept an eye on this thread, host the install files and maintain the Moddb MOS pages for all that time. But that is about it when it concerns MOS.

Is it possible that this Issue is related to the "captured" or the "Invasion" Script?
    Perhaps, but I doubt it. As I stated earlier, this is not something I have seen reported before (unless I forgot it).

I found nothing in the forum to this Bug, so if this be the wrong place pls move it to correct plase.
    This is the correct place as you are playing MOS. It doesn't hurt to look at some other places on the TATW forum, which you apparently did. The fact that you found nothing is something that suggests that you are the victim of a problem that seems quite unique.

in the past, i have solved the issue with a fight (move an unit to siege and solve battle with autowin) but this makes no fun

Thank you in advance for help

Damn , that's bad news for me...

I found this Thread, sounds like same issue but no Solution be there provided http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-Minas-Tirith

I try to create logfiles for this crash but it doesn't work.

i changed in the tatw.cfg following entry (red marked) didn't help

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = *script* trace
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error

the error log is attached

Can anyone check this logfile, it says that a lot of files ar missing at the end (NE_stone_fort.tga.dds is missing as example)

in my current game, Edoras is under Siege, the savegame is attached

I thank everyone who has time and desire to take care of the matter.The sentence at the end is the German version of the "Total War detected an unknown error and will now shutdown" message.

errorlog.txt zwerge1+schatten2.zip

Last part of the error log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    20:07:30.244 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/norway/textures/rock_mountain.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.248 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/hungary/textures/rock_mountain.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.248 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/hungary/textures/cirith_ungol.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.251 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/timurids/textures/dwarf_house.TGA.dds is missing
    20:07:30.251 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/timurids/textures/rock_mountain.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.252 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/denmark/textures/rock_mountain.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.252 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/denmark/textures/azanulimbar.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.256 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/norway/textures/zcamp_minastirith.TGA.dds is missing
    20:07:30.256 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/hungary/textures/erebor_mountain.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.257 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/olive.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.257 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/elf_house.TGA.dds is missing
    20:07:30.258 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/orc_strat.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.258 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/zcamp_orc_building.TGA.dds is missing
    20:07:30.264 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/go_buildings.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.265 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_wood_castle.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.265 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/southern_eu_wooden_castle.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.266 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/osgiliath_strat.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/osgiliath_ground.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/Riczu_blockade.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.269 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/wooden_walls.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.274 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_stone_fort.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.275 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_cities.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.276 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_stone_castle.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.333 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    20:07:30.347 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/americas/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    20:08:39.737 [system.rpt] [error] Third Age - Total War hat einen unbestimmten Fehler entdeckt und wird jetzt beendet.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 14, 2019 at 07:35 AM. Reason: removed double error log file

Not possible for me to edit my last post, so i change it this way:

"I try to create logfiles for this crash but it doesn't work." <--- it worked, the error log is attached, but 2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Azanulimbar View Post
    Not possible for me to edit my last post, so i change it this way:

"I try to create logfiles for this crash but it doesn't work." <--- it worked, the error log is attached, but 2 times
    I removed your double error log file and added the last lines of the error log as text in a spoiler. For crashes you don't have to provide the whole error log, the last lines will do just fine.

Don't think there is anything helpful in there.

Some other ideas how we can find the issue?

-I installed MOS 1.7
    -I installed patch 01-04
    -i installed the Translator
    -the path is not relevant, issues is at all locations
    -deleted the map.rwm
    -deleted the *.strings.bin from Folder data\text
    -deleted both descr_geography_new files

-issue is the same under win 7 SP3 VDI
    -same on other older device with Win 7 SP2

the issue occures too if a "good" faction will be destroyed

i can't believe that i am the only one who had this issue.... Murphy's laws are sometimes...

Every Sugegstion will be hopeful for me

I found out, that i have never installed the enhanced Mos 1.7
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-o...hanced-mos-170

-i installed them but my savegames did not work anymore in this version.

is there a way that i can use this savegame to check if this solved the issue?

The enhanced mod is not made by the MOS team and we never have supported it. It's a quite massive submod in its own right. There is no way a MOS 1.7 savegame will work on a MOS 1.7 version with the enhanced mod installed.

Can't say anything about the chance of finding your issue except that it is slim in my opinion. And even if you do find it, it still would need a solution.

One thing you can try running the cleaner.bat file, as recommended in the install instruction in the first post of this thread. I also noticed you mentioned installing patch 01 to 04. We made an all inclusive patch years ago, which consist of patch 01 to 05! Don't know when or where you downloaded the MOS files, but you seem to have missed at least one updated of the patch. Having said that, I don't expect it will solve your problem, but it can't hurt to try. If you do install the all inclusive patch (01-05), I recommend running the cleaner.bat in your case.

Ok, i found out the causer

Today, i deleted all MOS and TATW files and download it new
    -follow install guide made by “edulongshanks”, can be found on first page under install instructions
    -tested if it worked before i install the third age translator ---->worked, message that edoras has been captured, no crash
    -run the cleaner.bat and install German translator ---> issue occures

-i have two folders, one time english and one time german, if issue came back ---> move savegames to english mod ----> solve the battle---> save game and paste it back into German folder

I hope this will be helpful for anyone else who search in the Forum for a Solution

Well, that was a surprise, good that you managed to solve it.