Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 934495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

@ThaDoews, it almost looks like most of the needed files are missing. Did you install a patch only without installing the main 1.7 mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrian View Post
    Hy, fan of MOS since the early versions, and i have a question, regarding the download of the 1.7 version. is it possible to download only the 1.7 patch so to speak? as to not download the entire version and the amount of 1.7. 'Cause i have already the 1.62 version

and just for the further versions, can you make or change the Dunland script "Death took us"? i mean to make Dunland change its culture, from followers of Morgoth to a northmen culture? i mean it would be somehow lore-accurate, 'cause after Isengard loss the battle for Helms-Deep, the Dunlendings, actually made an oath to never take arms and cross the river Isen, and attack the free-folks of Middle Earth? and so to speak they took an oath to not ally themselves with the followers of Morgoth again and that makes them actually a "good side" to play with? can you take that in consideration for further versions? thx anyway for this great mod, and Happy Holidays as well
    I kinda like the idea of Dunland being able to change their culture like going from Eriador to Arnor. However from a historical/lore point of view it seems like this would occur after Sauron had been defeated, and thus this event would happen sometime in the Fourth Age. This could be done scriptwise (pretty sure at any rate) but would entail a great deal of work. Another idea would be to have an event to where they could build much more improved buildings and infrastructure and be able to recruit a more professional type army compared with the tribal army they start with.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I have written an AAR from a Dunland that decides to change sides and fight against Sauron with their brother Edain from Rohan and Gondor.

MIKE GOLF, "Another idea would be to have an event to where they could build much more improved buildings and infrastructure and be able to recruit a more professional type army compared with the tribal army they start with." - isn't this actually the "Death took us" script is all about? but the idea as the Eriador to Arnor, seems interesting as well, thx for the feedback. Playing the RK sub-mod as well))

and Macilrille, I played Dunland the same in the RK-sub-mod, helped Gondor, Rohan, Eriador, Lorien, but at a certain point, when The Counter Invasion takes place, all the good sides, declared war on every "bad side" culture based faction, which Dunland is, so for the entire game I was helping Gondor and Arnor to reunite, in a mighty Kingdom, then all of a sudden i'm in open war with them, and you don't want a mess with a an Arnor full-stack army, with Anuminas Knights and Battle-ready Dunedain on it)) but that was fun))
    Last edited by Haradrian; December 29, 2017 at 04:34 AM.

They kept their alliance with me, I ignored Sauron's calls for invasions and there was no problem.

I have played these incredible MOD's for years now, but MOS 1.7 keeps crashing on me. I'm playing as Mirkwood, but somwhere between turn 30 and 40 the game crashes to the desktop around the time it (the AI) gets to Mordor. I have restarted and I preformed alternative moves, wich worked to some point, but now it crashes every time the AI gets to Mordor.

ps: I do also get the windows script host error, but this didn't prevent me from playing... (perhaps untill now)

(I use Windows 10 (64 bit)
    I have an Intel Core i7- 4770CPU with 3.40Ghrz
    8 GB RAM)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-04.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	855.8 KB 
ID:	350168

This is what I get to see after it crashes ...
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 03, 2018 at 04:51 PM.

can you post a copy of the system log?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new problem.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	350173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new problem 2.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	350174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	log.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	350175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	log 2.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	350176

Not sure what you want to see. (Windows 10 ) Right now the game doesn't even want to start any more.
    I'm going to reinstall one more time. Hope it works. Version 1.6.1 worked perfect, but I can't find it any more.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The system log is a txt-document found in.../Medieval II Total War/log

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The system log is a txt-document found in.../Medieval II Total War/log
    Thanks for the help! I reinstalled the whole bunch and it works now ... apparently Virtualstore creates a folder in Windows 10 when you reinstall certain components of the game. Couldn't figure it out untill I checked the obvious ...

Quote Originally Posted by Biebel666 View Post
    Thanks for the help! I reinstalled the whole bunch and it works now ... apparently Virtualstore creates a folder in Windows 10 when you reinstall certain components of the game. Couldn't figure it out untill I checked the obvious ...
    Glad you were able to get things working.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

Hello,

first time playing with this sub mod. I am around turn 250 or so and except the fact, that I have one of the best experience with MTW2 mods ever, here are some major issues that I noticed. Playing as woodland realm btw.

1) Prince Legolas - I believe that he had slain like 100k (literally) hordes of orcs from mordor. So, you can imagine all the traits and skill he had...BUT then there is this little assassin from mordor who has like 2 out of 10 (?) possible skill points and YET he ****ing assassinated him!!!! I, of course, noticed this after I already had new saves with Legolas being dead so there was nothing I could do. Mordor then kept trying to assassin all the others with their 2 assassins and they managed to kill like 5 of my generals even when I put spy in my army. One of the assassins is dead now but the other one is trying every turn and this bs feels like he has a 60% chance!!!!! This is such a bs man, assassins shouldn't even be in game :/, not really lore oriented.

2) When I captured Edoras from Mordor, the mssg popped up and Rohan was BACK. BUT, there was no diplomat spammed so I had to recruit one + and this is a bigger issue, Rohan (or more like the script did) just took ONE OF MY own villages as their new home. So I am chasing Rohan army with my diplomat to force them to change settlements so they can have Edoras as it should be . This is both kinda funny and annoying since I have to defend Edoras against hordes of Mordor.

Other than that, the game was fine. I use "give settlement as a gift" very often - I saved Lothorien from like 30k mordor hordes and gave them their old towns back + some new ones so they can keep their stacks where I don't want mordor to be. Gondor is also dead btw and he didn't do much this game (not one jihad). Game is very hard and I love it but I have to admit, without ents, there would be so many more casualties.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; January 08, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f0ndiE^ View Post
    Hello,

first time playing with this sub mod. I am around turn 250 or so and except the fact, that I have one of the best experience with MTW2 mods ever, here are some major issues that I noticed. Playing as woodland realm btw.

1) Prince Legolas - I believe that he had slain like 100k (literally) hordes of orcs from mordor. So, you can imagine all the traits and skill he had...BUT then there is this little assassin from mordor who has like 2 out of 10 (?) possible skill points and YET he ****ing assassinated him!!!! I, of course, noticed this after I already had new saves with Legolas being dead so there was nothing I could do. Mordor then kept trying to assassin all the others with their 2 assassins and they managed to kill like 5 of my generals even when I put spy in my army. One of the assassins is dead now but the other one is trying every turn and this bs feels like he has a 60% chance!!!!! This is such a bs man, assassins shouldn't even be in game :/, not really lore oriented.
    Do you have the Inmortal Heroes Script activated? If so he should respawn again a couple of turns later if the Woodland Realm is still alive. And I agree assassins shouldn't be on the game, but they are for the sake of gameplay.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; January 08, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    Do you have the Inmortal Heroes Script activated? If so he should respawn again a couple of turns later if the Woodland Realm is still alive. And I agree assassins shouldn't be on the game, but they are for the sake of gameplay.
    Or assassins could be made to only kill other agents and not generals or at least, if possible, not family members.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

Pyres: No, I don't. I chose Nazguls to be immortal only so the other heroes would have some value and you appreciate them so much more like this.

Mike: Totally agreed.

If you dislike the assassins, use the console to give your generals lots of security traits- easiest way to avoid it. There is a list here https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/931592-m...war/faqs/50116

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by f0ndiE^ View Post
    Hello,

2) When I captured Edoras from Mordor, the mssg popped up and Rohan was BACK. BUT, there was no diplomat spammed so I had to recruit one + and this is a bigger issue, Rohan (or more like the script did) just took ONE OF MY own villages as their new home. So I am chasing Rohan army with my diplomat to force them to change settlements so they can have Edoras as it should be . This is both kinda funny and annoying since I have to defend Edoras against hordes of Mordor.

Other than that, the game was fine. I use "give settlement as a gift" very often - I saved Lothorien from like 30k mordor hordes and gave them their old towns back + some new ones so they can keep their stacks where I don't want mordor to be. Gondor is also dead btw and he didn't do much this game (not one jihad). Game is very hard and I love it but I have to admit, without ents, there would be so many more casualties.
    Hey all, let me continue with some feedback. I am around 300 turns in now.

- dwarves are at war with High Elves and Free people. I was like wtf. It doesn't seem that they really are tbh. No settlements were taken at least from what I can say, it looks like some kind of mistake they did . Unfortunately, they won't declare a piece either.

- Sauron got the ring and marched and I killed him with Thranduil and his army. My question is: will he respawn? And if no, where does the ring go? And if he respawns, how can I stop this? Conquer Bara-dur? Or I didn't get the ring because Thranduil's ancillaries are maxed? I mean, getting the ring when you kill its bearer would be only logical.

- Sauron is calling an invasion in every 20 turns or very close to that! I didn't even have a chance to free Rohan again from the last invasion and then there is another - this one should be nerfed because there are still many stacks left from the previous one.

- Dale, dwarfs (after conquering orcs of gundabad) and High Elves are highly inactive. They keep their stacks around their capitals which makes this game harder. Even when at war with their neighbors (Rhun etc).

- The only active ones are free people and Lothlorien (because I forced them with given settlements to defend againts mordor) so basically It's me vs Mordor and Free people vs Isengard

- Dead factions: Gondro, Rohan / Both Orcs, Dunladan. Isengards got like 4 towns on the south but Free people just called invasion or what is it called so this one is going well. Sooner or later, Free people will face like 20 stacks of Harad. By that time, I have to free Rohan, give them some settlements and then move to free Gondor and hold Osgiliath and Cair-andros so I can help against Harad, but Invasions are really complicating things :/.

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by f0ndiE^; January 09, 2018 at 11:16 AM.

Hopefully z3n's CAI will make the factions more active and help to reduce the amount of stack spam.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Or assassins could be made to only kill other agents and not generals or at least, if possible, not family members.
    Hmmm.... really interesting idea to be honest. I like it.

I'm playing as Eriador and I got the mission to look for Gollum at the Rhudaur hills. However, clicking on the list of missions doesn't show it anymore and I'm not sure where the Rhudaur Hills are.