Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Miles

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Hi!

I finally have a new PC. I have a fresh install of Win7, Medieval II, TATW, MOS 1.7 and MOS 1.7 Patches. I have installed in that order.

When i try to run the "Third Age.bat"-file, I get an error after 2 seconds of MOS splash screen and game crashes:

"Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

I have tried:
    - Disable daylightsavetime
    - Run cleaner
    - Delete TATW folder and re-install it

Please help I cannot find other ways to try to solve this...
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Eradan_2 View Post
    Hi guys, I used to play DaC but yesterday decided to switch to MOS. I haven't play MOS for years. So, I started a campaign with Gondor, but when the game started the notifications for yhe scripts in the botoom left corner wasn't there! I reinstalled third age and MOS, but the problem continued to occured. What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    try a redownload without doing anything else like playing a game reading an e-book ect ect NOTHING

I hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Hi!

I finally have a new PC. I have a fresh install of Win7, Medieval II, TATW, MOS 1.7 and MOS 1.7 Patches. I have installed in that order.

When i try to run the "Third Age.bat"-file, I get an error after 2 seconds of MOS splash screen and game crashes:

"Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

I have tried:
    - Disable daylightsavetime
    - Run cleaner
    - Delete TATW folder and re-install it

Please help I cannot find other ways to try to solve this...
    please try what I suggested above for the other user
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; November 22, 2017 at 02:54 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Miles

please try what I suggested above for the other user
    Hi! I have also tried that without success

I believe i have encountered something like this before and i think I deleted a file back then? Cannot remember which one...
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Hi! I have also tried that without success

I believe i have encountered something like this before and i think I deleted a file back then? Cannot remember which one...

delete map RWM you mean?
    you could try that I dont give it much hope however since the cleaner does already that

what you can also try is right click the cleaner bat and click run as administrator

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Hi.
    When you say that you have done the Medieval installation, you mean the expansion pack too? Tatw it doesnt work without the campaigns expansion. I do not pretend to look obvious, but in your post you have not mentioned it. (In my case, I only install America expansion, and it works perfectly).
    Hope it helps.

Maybe my question is a bit stupid ...
    But why Gondor and Rohan are so overpowered in the beginning? I play for Gondor on VH/VH and took west Mordor (6 settlements including Morannon and Minas Morgul) after 8 turns with General Bodyguards only. Battle for Minas Morgus was 4 generals + 2 Levy swordsmen (~180 soldiers) vs full stack low-level Mordor infantry + General (~1500 soldiers), my losses - 3 bodyguards. After 30 turns I eliminated Mordor and took half of Harad.
    Just for fun started for Rohan and on 3rd turn occupied Isengard (my army consisted of 6 generals, some starting light cav and cannon fodder starting infantry) ...
    "Problem" is that Mordor, Isengard and Dunland have no units to survive bodyguards' charges in the beginning of campaign. Only Nazguls and Harad's generals can somehow resist ...

Because you play easy way. Stacking OP generals vs cannon food units usually brings that result. Keep generals in towns, and play with units then you will have challenge.

hey folks.... Im haveing some issues here. I just installed this again. all MOS patches are in too. nothing has gone wrong in my game.(playing high elfs) BUT Im at turn 150 and I still cant do ANY high teir units. nowhere in any settlement.... not even Imladris. Ive looked there, and it says its city and in the building tabs it says it needs to be a castle in order to make higher teir barracks.... and its so in like every settlement I have. its the wrong kind of town/castle for me to build it. what the heck is wrog? Is my game on 150 turns broken??

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by menetheren View Post
    hey folks.... Im haveing some issues here. I just installed this again. all MOS patches are in too. nothing has gone wrong in my game.(playing high elfs) BUT Im at turn 150 and I still cant do ANY high teir units. nowhere in any settlement.... not even Imladris. Ive looked there, and it says its city and in the building tabs it says it needs to be a castle in order to make higher teir barracks.... and its so in like every settlement I have. its the wrong kind of town/castle for me to build it. what the heck is wrog? Is my game on 150 turns broken??
    have you had the barracks event?

have you had the barracks event?
    Yes I have, but I manage to fix it. I deleted the hole barrack event as a hole. that seemed to fix it. couse every other race had their max teir eccept me.... so now I got my hands full to speed up my towns so I can get best teir and repell them!

Some newbie questions:
    I am playing for Gondor, relatively early (I think it was ~50th turn) I got an offer from Swordsmiths guild in West Osgiliath and accepted it. But I produce infantry units in MInas Morgul and Cirith Ungol without stop and there is no offer to build swordsmith guild in them (it's 150'th turn now and I really produce non-stop infantry in these settlements since turn ~40). It's really annoying - I train an infantry unit in Minas Morgus, then retrain it (to get experience +4) then I retrain the unit in West Osgiliath to get weapon upgrade ... So every infantry unit needs 2 retrainings (in West Osgiliath I cannot build Great army barracks and Military academy so experience bonus is only +2)
    1) It there any limitations for these settlements?
    2) Is there any cheat or other way to get Swordsmiths guild (I quickly googled M2TW forums and didn't find a way to build a guild by cheat)?
    3) I built the Master Merchant Guild in Glamechad but Glamechad is Large city and appears to be not upgradable (I tried add_population cheat but didn't get upgrade). Is there any way to build Merchants Guild Headquarters without destroying the guild in Glamechad and accepting Master Guild offer in Minas Thirith or other Huge city?
    P.S. There is no other guilds in MInas Morgul and Cirith Ungol and I don't destroy any guilds in other settlements (I read in M2TW manual that destroying a guild decreases points for all guilds in all settlements, if I understood it correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeyA View Post
    Some newbie questions:
    I am playing for Gondor, relatively early (I think it was ~50th turn) I got an offer from Swordsmiths guild in West Osgiliath and accepted it. But I produce infantry units in MInas Morgul and Cirith Ungol without stop and there is no offer to build swordsmith guild in them (it's 150'th turn now and I really produce non-stop infantry in these settlements since turn ~40). It's really annoying - I train an infantry unit in Minas Morgus, then retrain it (to get experience +4) then I retrain the unit in West Osgiliath to get weapon upgrade ... So every infantry unit needs 2 retrainings (in West Osgiliath I cannot build Great army barracks and Military academy so experience bonus is only +2)
    1) It there any limitations for these settlements?
    2) Is there any cheat or other way to get Swordsmiths guild (I quickly googled M2TW forums and didn't find a way to build a guild by cheat)?
    3) I built the Master Merchant Guild in Glamechad but Glamechad is Large city and appears to be not upgradable (I tried add_population cheat but didn't get upgrade). Is there any way to build Merchants Guild Headquarters without destroying the guild in Glamechad and accepting Master Guild offer in Minas Thirith or other Huge city?
    P.S. There is no other guilds in MInas Morgul and Cirith Ungol and I don't destroy any guilds in other settlements (I read in M2TW manual that destroying a guild decreases points for all guilds in all settlements, if I understood it correctly).
    This is the nature of the guild system. Sometimes you will have to send your troops to different locations to receive additional training and upgrades... kinda like we do in the army today. That being said, if you want to get additional swordsmith guilds, keep building troops and also smith buildings which is a major trigger to receive the swordsmith guild. Be advised that the requirements for any guild are rather high in MOS.

Loving the mod so far but I've encountered 2 issues that certainly aren't game breaking but still a little frustrating. I'm playing an Eriador campaign and when i got my 1st lore master he had no obedience so i couldn't call a tol archarn even though Mordor had called several invasions. Also the bridge crossing battle to the south of litash is bugged which is a shame because my defense relied on it so much.
    Wasn't too sure where top post these but i'm really hoping for a fix for the bridge crossing. The deployment zone is on impassable terrain so all my units are stuck on the side of a mountain if your being attacked from the north. Is there any work around for this? I have so many enemies coming through here and the bridge crossing is pretty vital.
    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

For Loremaster, he has to finish his little trip around Middle-Earth before he's capable of calling Tol Acharn, and you have to restore Arnor. Only then he becomes capable of calling it.

As for the crossing...I remeber it, it's a bummer. Unfortunately, there won't be a fix anytime soon-adjusting map is quite complicated process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    As for the crossing...I remeber it, it's a bummer. Unfortunately, there won't be a fix anytime soon-adjusting map is quite complicated process.
    Is it possible to replace this map some random bridge map?

dont think its a matter of copy and paste xD

Some more question
    1) Is it true that AI has some population growth bonuses? I have a feeling that AI very easily upgrades castles which usually get stuck when I play.
    2) Is it true that AI can upgrade some settlements which player cannot upgrade? Example: I play HE and cannot upgrade North Tharbad (it's Wooden Castle) but IIRC when I played Gondor and captured it at ~120th turn it was a Castle.
    3) How to protect a bridge in effective way with less losses? I play HE, Mordor (with catapults and trolls) and Harad (with Mumakiis, catapults and cavalry) are approaching ... Maybe there is some tutorial or video? Should I use Eldar Sprearmen in "shield wall" formation and hold the line while archers are killing enemies? Noldor Guadrsmen in "spear wall" formation?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeyA View Post
    Some more question
    1) Is it true that AI has some population growth bonuses? I have a feeling that AI very easily upgrades castles which usually get stuck when I play.
    2) Is it true that AI can upgrade some settlements which player cannot upgrade? Example: I play HE and cannot upgrade North Tharbad (it's Wooden Castle) but IIRC when I played Gondor and captured it at ~120th turn it was a Castle.
    3) How to protect a bridge in effective way with less losses? I play HE, Mordor (with catapults and trolls) and Harad (with Mumakiis, catapults and cavalry) are approaching ... Maybe there is some tutorial or video? Should I use Eldar Sprearmen in "shield wall" formation and hold the line while archers are killing enemies? Noldor Guadrsmen in "spear wall" formation?
    1 yes that is correct
    2 nope just a case of some factions being able to upgrade some places and others are not able to upgrade the same places
    3 I don't know this one sorry
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; December 05, 2017 at 02:29 AM.

1 yes that is correct
    2 nope just a case of some factions being able to upgrade some places and others are not able to upgrade the same places
    3 I don't know this one sorry
    Thanks a lot for the answer!
    2) Then I'll try to sell castles to some human ally and buy them back when they get upgraded

About defense...the V shaped funnel from shield walls or better, spear walls on guard mode can work better in breaking enemy momentum. If you're willing to "scum" a bit, use two overlapping spear walls on each side, positioned so their spears just about touch at the tip of the V, and place some archers or better, catapults just behind the tip. This way, you can create quite devastating killzone. Make sure that your archers on the sides that got good shot at enemies on the bridge prioritize mumakils, trolls and catapults. The fodder is secondary....