Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Hey, if I want to play MOS i have to download TATW 3.2, then MOS full version 1.7, right? Or I just need the MOS full version?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper1234 View Post
    Hey, if I want to play MOS i have to download TATW 3.2, then MOS full version 1.7, right? Or I just need the MOS full version?
    TATW 3.2, MOS 1.7 and the MOS 1.7 all inclusive patch would be the right order for installing. To install TATW 3.2 you must first install (and download) TATW 3.0 though.

Follow the instructions for installing TATW HERE and also those in this thread for installing MOS 1.7.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.
    You're goddamn right it is. Just poking in once again to sing the praises of the MOS team. What a colossal achievement! Aside from crashes with the giant spiders, it's one of the stablest sub-mods I've ever played and it's a pleasure to do so every time, a testament to it and the base TATW mod. Bravo!

Thanks Roma, I'm sure the team appreciates it, both past an current members.

It is indeed a great mod! I was wondering if there will be added more the game? There are still some bugs (like troops getting stuck in the southern part of Anduin).

Suggestions:

- Divide Dwarfs into two factions Erebor and Ered Luin (and Blue Mountains)
    - Divide Gondor into The White City + Dol Amroth
    - Harad into Corsairs and Harad
    - Mordor into Mordor and Dol Guldur

Why? well the current amount of faction limits the variety of which the game can be played.

Another point is that right now Mordor is OP AF if you enable all benefits (which is awesome). I am however missing the same challenge when playing the evil factions as Mordor just steam rolls everyone. Could fx Arnor get the same kind of buffs if the player is playing as an evil faction?

If you want more factions, go play D&C

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Rovdyr740 View Post
    It is indeed a great mod! I was wondering if there will be added more the game? There are still some bugs (like troops getting stuck in the southern part of Anduin).

Suggestions:

Why? well the current amount of faction limits the variety of which the game can be played.

Another point is that right now Mordor is OP AF if you enable all benefits (which is awesome). I am however missing the same challenge when playing the evil factions as Mordor just steam rolls everyone. Could fx Arnor get the same kind of buffs if the player is playing as an evil faction?
    the
    bug of troops getting stuck in the anduin has been fixed in the all inclusive patch make sure you have it installed
    sadly it is not savegame compatible AFAIK

as for your suggestions I thiink the mod creators are trying to cater to the group of players that likes to have not to much factions like me
    but I will let the mod creators speak for themselves
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    as for your suggestions I thiink the mod creators are trying to cater to the group of players that likes to have not to much factions like me
    but I will let the mod creators speak for themselves
    Well, I guess you are right about that.

Also, IIRC, we don't have that much room for new units left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovdyr740 View Post

Suggestions:

Your suggestions are indeed welcome. The last two factions that were added were the Lorien Elves, who were previously grouped with the Woodland Elves, and the Dunland faction which was split off from Isengard. With these last two additions, MOS was felt to be complete factionwise these were the factions mentioned in the LotR and the Hobbit books, and was the only way to give the ai the in our opinion, the best opportunities for success, especially with keeping the dwarves as a single faction. Having a separate Dol Amroth faction whilst they were technically an independent entity were in realty always part of the Gondorian Empire. As for having a separate Corsair faction apart from Harad could not really be made without each being substantially weaker then having them both represented by a single faction. Also the amount of scripting involved to make the Corsairs a viable faction without them attacking their evil brethren would make turn times even slower then they are currently.

I (we) will keep an eye on Mordor to see how it progresses throughout various campaigns. They are a bit overpowered but they were that way in the books as well....

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Your suggestions are indeed welcome. The last two factions that were added were the Lorien Elves, who were previously grouped with the Woodland Elves, and the Dunland faction which was split off from Isengard. With these last two additions, MOS was felt to be complete factionwise these were the factions mentioned in the LotR and the Hobbit books, and was the only way to give the ai the in our opinion, the best opportunities for success, especially with keeping the dwarves as a single faction. Having a separate Dol Amroth faction whilst they were technically an independent entity were in realty always part of the Gondorian Empire. As for having a separate Corsair faction apart from Harad could not really be made without each being substantially weaker then having them both represented by a single faction. Also the amount of scripting involved to make the Corsairs a viable faction without them attacking their evil brethren would make turn times even slower then they are currently.

I (we) will keep an eye on Mordor to see how it progresses throughout various campaigns. They are a bit overpowered but they were that way in the books as well....
    Have to agree with this. The only faction that really adds something, IMO, is the Dol Goldur one in DaC, and that's only in the capacity that it's effectively just Mordor, but able to more effectively operate in two separate theatres.

First of all: Sorry for my bad englisch

Is it already known, that MOS 1.7 isn't stable? After a clean und fresh install I always get that the medieval2.exe has stoped working. Version 1.6.2 makes no problem. I use steam and windows 10 pro 64 bit with creators update.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseymic View Post

Is it already known, that MOS 1.7 isn't stable? After a clean und fresh install I always get that the medieval2.exe has stoped working. Version 1.6.2 makes no problem. I use steam and windows 10 pro 64 bit with creators update.
    Hi Baseymic, welcome to the TWC forum.

As for the stability of MOS 1.7, I have to disagree with your statement that it is unstable. Literally thousands of people have been playing it since it was released well over a year now.

I am not doubting that you encounter problems though, but I think it has to do with something gone wrong on your end. Not sure what, as I don't play this on Steam myself. There may be some folks reading this who do have an idea. If not, you really should provide a bit more info about the way you installed the game exactly and if TATW itself runs without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseymic View Post

Set both of your kingdoms.ex and medieval2.exe (applications located in your Steam/../Medieval II Total War folder) to be run in Windows 7 Compatibility mod. It improves stability. If you can`t start 1.7 version, then you did not install it correctly.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hi Guys

silly question but where does MOS install? I lost my shortcut somehow.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hello,

Into .../Medival II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3

So find M2 and you'll find MOS (I note that you might renamed the Third_Age_3-folder, but it's in the mods-folder at any rate)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yo ho hoy mateys

Just a quick question that I think might be needed for balance/enjoyment

So far I have seen that Misty Mountains are kind of the redheaded stepchild, if one compares it to Gundabad it outclasses it on almost everything

One way I can see things be spiced up is by either unlocking mountain trolls and snow trolls to Misty Mountains (the faction with Mountains in its name doesnt have Mountain Trolls?) or if there is a hard unit cap passing the mountain troll from Gundabad to Misty Mountains

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Hey guys.

How are things?

How is MOS?

Can one still not unify the RK in 1.7?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Hey guys.

How are things?

How is MOS?

Can one still not unify the RK in 1.7?
    RK comes with 1.8 so no not yet sorry
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

That makes me quite happy :-D

Can you include Princesses too? There are Lore-arguments for it.

But thanks, and good to see the mod is still alive and developing. I will, as recommended in the RoTK thread, use 1.62 till 1.8 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    RK comes with 1.8 so no not yet sorry
    An update for the RK mod for MOS 1.7 is in the testing phase right now.