Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default CTD occurs whenever I take Helms Deep as Isengard , using MoS

I cannot be certain if it is MoS to blame, as vanilla TATW also had a CTD when playing as High Elves and taking the final Misty Mountain Orc faction settlement.

Either way though I would be very grateful for some advice as so far I've been completely unable to finish a campaign

Default Re: CTD occurs whenever I take Helms Deep as Isengard , using MoS

Quote Originally Posted by SirGadgetbonce View Post
    I cannot be certain if it is MoS to blame, as vanilla TATW also had a CTD when playing as High Elves and taking the final Misty Mountain Orc faction settlement.

Either way though I would be very grateful for some advice as so far I've been completely unable to finish a campaign
    Welcome to the forums, without the error log it is almost impossible to tell why it is crashing. If you can post a copy of the system.log.txt located in the Medieval II Total War/logs/ folder someone may be able to assist you with this crash.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Welcome to the forums, without the error log it is almost impossible to tell why it is crashing. If you can post a copy of the system.log.txt located in the Medieval II Total War/logs/ folder someone may be able to assist you with this crash.
    Thanks for the rapid response. Interestingly, my /logs folder is completely empty, and there looks to be no log file elsewhere either. Unsure how to proceed now?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SirGadgetbonce View Post
    Thanks for the rapid response. Interestingly, my /logs folder is completely empty, and there looks to be no log file elsewhere either. Unsure how to proceed now?
    You could upload a save from just before the the crash happened. That way others can try it and perhaps see what's happening. Provided you have such a save of course.

You can attach the save to a post, but only if you zip or rar it first. If you don't know how to attach a file, look at this POST, item 18.

Alternatively you could use a file hosting site and link to it from your post. Again, if you know how to do that.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Okay well that's bloody weird. I made absolutely everything in the subfolder read/writable by all users ... and it's now not crashing. What the hell. I'll keep you informed I suppose! Thanks for the Heisenfix.

Default Re: Arnor, MOS and stuff

Welcome to the forums, it sounds like some of the export_ancillaries.txt file was not updated with the map changes made in 1.7. When time permits I will see what is needed to reform Arnor and post back here.
    Ok thanks, i forgot to say that i have already restored arnor but wasn't sure if i missed any patches or bugfixes which could be important to comfortable MOS playing. One more question, if this txt file didn't updated with map would it mean that others too and cause any bugs or something?
    Really thanks man!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

I don't think there are any bugs to worry about though it may send you on a wild goose chase trying to find a non-existent settlement.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

I reloaded to the auto save at the turn right where I was to enable the reunification of Arnor, it wouldn't give me the option to do so. Is there any way to fix this or am I screwed.

Thanks for any help!

Hi! I have two questions to ask you:

1) I have encountered the following bugs regarding custom settlemets:
    - when fighting in East Osgiliath the battle takes place at a normal orc encampment rather than in E. Osgiliath map.
    - when fighting in Dale the battle takes place Esgaroth rather than in Dale map.
    - I saw the same bug on another settlement, which also changed the map for a custom Dwarf Hall.
    I have reinstall MOS 1.7 and patches but the bugs were there again. Then I reinstalled all Third Age 3.2 and MOS 1.7 another time, but the bugs regarding custom maps are still there. How can I fix it? Is this a known bug?

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    Hi! I have two questions to ask you:

1) I have encountered the following bugs regarding custom settlemets:
    - when fighting in East Osgiliath the battle takes place at a normal orc encampment rather than in E. Osgiliath map.
    - when fighting in Dale the battle takes place Esgaroth rather than in Dale map.
    - I saw the same bug on another settlement, which also changed the map for a custom Dwarf Hall.
    I have reinstall MOS 1.7 and patches but the bugs were there again. Then I reinstalled all Third Age 3.2 and MOS 1.7 another time, but the bugs regarding custom maps are still there. How can I fix it? Is this a known bug?
    I am glad you brought this up, I was having no end of grief trying to add a new Dale model for the strat map and every time I viewed the settlement it was Esgaroth. I will try and back track what I did and post a fix for that particular error hopefully next week sometime. I'll try and look at your other issues as well. Just to let you know, adding a custom settlement is no easy task and is sometimes not worth the effort to add.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 24, 2017 at 12:55 PM.

I am glad you brought this up, I was having no end of grief trying to add a new Dale model for the strat map and every time I viewed the settlement it was Esgaroth. I will try and back track what I did and post a fix for that particular error hopefully next week sometime. I'll try and look at your other issues as well. Just to let you know, adding a custom settlement is no easy task and is sometimes not worth the effort to add.
    Thank you for that MIKE GOLF! It's not a game breaking issue but depending which faction campaign you play with it can be lore breacking. I understand it is not easy at all, I love the custom settlements of the game, but I never finally tried to make one when I saw how difficult it is to deal with them!

My second question: I was thinking about using two photos I found in the MOS install, this ones:

photos.zip

However I don't think I've seen then in MOS gameplay. As I want them for a MOS minisubmod, may I use them? Or are they from a different mod, maybay DAC's perhaps? I've tried to ask Arachir Galudirithon but he hasn't been here for a while.

I don't see any issue, those came from the first two look like they are from the movies.

I just wonder....TATW already uses a lor of music from LotR soundtrack, are you planning on adding some from Hobbit movies? There are some interesting battle tracks...

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I just wonder....TATW already uses a lor of music from LotR soundtrack, are you planning on adding some from Hobbit movies? There are some interesting battle tracks...
    AFAIK nobody is working on changing/adding the music files. I'm not exactly sure if any work on MOS is still being done at at all at this moment to be honest. Time will tell, I guess.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Could anyone tell me the difference between Enhanced MOS v1.70and Alternative Enhanced MOS v1.70?. The description for both is the same, maybe it is just another link for download.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; August 28, 2017 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    Could anyone tell me the difference between Enhanced MOS v1.70and Alternative Enhanced MOS v1.70?. The description for both is the same, maybe it is just another link for download.
    Well, the MOS team didn't make these and I have never played with the Enhanced mod myself.

However, doing a quick search of less than a minute on the Enhanced MOS v1.7 ModDB pages gave me this result
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhanced MOS v1.70 Alternative version
    This ALTERNATIVE VERSION of Enhanced MOS v1.70 Sub-Mod improves and enhances several aspects of the original mod! It contains files of an older version of the submod compatible with all inclusive patch 01-04, the dwarven halberdmen's bug is already fixed in it. ----- LAST UPDATE: Sep 03, 2015.

Greetings!
    This older version of my reshaping sub-mod is compatible with all inclusive patch 01-04 of MOS v1.70, so it doesn't require the newest hotfix (hotfix patch 05) as the dwarven halberdmen's bug is already fixed in it. I repeat, there is no need to download hotfix 05. Hopefully, this older version should avoid some instability issues registered by a couple of players when playing with the COMPLETE VERSION dated Aug 27, 2015

Hello. I'm currently having an issue where whenever the dwarven axethrowers are about to fire, my game crashes instantly. Is there any fix regarding this/Did anyone else experience this sort of problem?

Quote Originally Posted by shape_shifter View Post
    Hello. I'm currently having an issue where whenever the dwarven axethrowers are about to fire, my game crashes instantly. Is there any fix regarding this/Did anyone else experience this sort of problem?
    Hi Shape_shifter, welcome to the TWC forum.

IIRC the Dwarven Axethrowers crash is a standard TATW bug, which should not occur in a correctly installed MOS. Are you in fact playing TATW with MOS installed, or indeed Third Age Total War itself?

Hey, thanks for the reply. That's odd. Yes, i do have MOS installed and this is the only game-crashing bug i encountered so far, however i did notice that my TATW is not patched up to version 3.2, so i'll do a fresh reinstall of the mod(s) just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shape_shifter View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply. That's odd. Yes, i do have MOS installed and this is the only game-crashing bug i encountered so far, however i did notice that my TATW is not patched up to version 3.2, so i'll do a fresh reinstall of the mod(s) just to make sure.
    If you are still having installation issues go this this page here for detailed help.