Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    It isn't possible to sail past Osgiliath, even if you could sail past you wouldn't get too far because of the Falls of the Rauros (big waterfalls) will cause you to stop. Someone else will have t speak on the settlement viewer issue.
    Thats very disappointing, thought it would be possible, as you sail down the Anduin in the fellowship caimpaign too, but thanks for the answer! :-)

Any Ideas about the settlement view thing? By the way, does the settlement viewer work for anyone at all?

edit: -SOLVED- I forgot to install the all-in-one-patch, now the settlement view is working well, I'm sorry
    Last edited by Danny087; July 24, 2017 at 05:05 PM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

I got another issue now concerning cair andros. When I go to a battle, instead of the beautiful battlemap with the castle of cair andros in the middle of an island flown around by the anduin known from TATW 3.2, now there is a much bigger island in a riverbed without whater and a standard castle. Is this as it should be? Seems like theres still something broken

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by vds001 View Post
    Dear all,

Could anyone help me with a little issue? I am trying to use the battle models for Éomer and Elrond in the campaign but I do not seem to be able to add them. They already have their lines in the modeldb file and in the campaign_script.txt file, as per the instructions from the thread "How to add strat map character levels & change battle models" from Ishan. Still, their battle models do not show however.

Would anyone know how to resolve this?

thanks,
    vds001
    You got to be joking...
    Right now I hope I wasn't involved in trying to add Eomer and Elrond to 1.7, as this is probably one of the dumbest errors I've come across.
    Dramatics aside, you are completely correct. Every single file is in place and edited correctly, except for the most important one. Go to the descr_strat, find Elrond and Eomer and add "battle_model eomer" and "battle_model elrond" after their portrait entries. Just look at the Theoden entry right above Eomer and you can't really do it wrong. I only tested this with Eomer, but he has a battlemap model now. Elrond should have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny087 View Post
    I got another issue now concerning cair andros. When I go to a battle, instead of the beautiful battlemap with the castle of cair andros in the middle of an island flown around by the anduin known from TATW 3.2, now there is a much bigger island in a riverbed without whater and a standard castle. Is this as it should be? Seems like theres still something broken
    The original custom settlement was removed because of a bug associated with our new map. As none of us were/are map makers, we couldn't fix it any other way. The same thing goes for the riverbed surrounding the regular fortress.

I want to make an attempt to the wonderful modders to make an adjustment on the Mordor faction. Mordor has a terrible economy because they only have one town in mordor, Glamechad, and only two towns total. The rest are all castle. They main castle are all correct- Minis Morgul, Cirith Ungol, Black Gate, Durthang and Barad Dur. But the rest should all be orc encampments spread througout Mordor. Especially Nurn, where Mordor enslaves the indeginous population to provide the food source. This would give Mordor the economy it needs to field several stacks once things get up and running. Sad to see Mordor struggle to field multiple stacks even after turn 100.

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    I want to make an attempt to the wonderful modders to make an adjustment on the Mordor faction. Mordor has a terrible economy because they only have one town in mordor, Glamechad, and only two towns total. The rest are all castle. They main castle are all correct- Minis Morgul, Cirith Ungol, Black Gate, Durthang and Barad Dur. But the rest should all be orc encampments spread througout Mordor. Especially Nurn, where Mordor enslaves the indeginous population to provide the food source. This would give Mordor the economy it needs to field several stacks once things get up and running. Sad to see Mordor struggle to field multiple stacks even after turn 100.
    I'm no partisan of FRoGS so I haven't tested it, but that's basically what they do so maybe that's what should be done here.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    I'm no partisan of FRoGS so I haven't tested it, but that's basically what they do so maybe that's what should be done here.
    Maybe "they" should, but I don't think much work is being done on MOS at the moment, possibly even nothing.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Maybe "they" should, but I don't think much work is being done on MOS at the moment, possibly even nothing.
    If work ever does recommence I have some things to get included .... or not, whatever the case may be.

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

I posted about a month ago, but I am still having an error, everytime I try to launch with "Third Age - Steam.bat" it goes to the initial loading screen for about 5-10 seconds and then says there was an "unspecified error" and crashes to desktop. I tried launching the cleaner, but it did not help, and the folder is saved as "third_age_3" as it came if that helps. Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you.
    "I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

This would give Mordor the economy it needs to field several stacks once things get up and running. Sad to see Mordor struggle to field multiple stacks even after turn 100.
    As a working alternative in the meantime, you could simply try reducing their unit costs in the EDU, or increase their king's purse.

As for the reason for my visit here... I've come to beg, nay, to plead. I absolutely love the 2d faction buttons from MOS, and I was wondering if there were some chance I could obtain permission to use them in my own mod. Rest assured if the answer is no I don't hold it against anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm81499 View Post
    I posted about a month ago, but I am still having an error, everytime I try to launch with "Third Age - Steam.bat" it goes to the initial loading screen for about 5-10 seconds and then says there was an "unspecified error" and crashes to desktop. I tried launching the cleaner, but it did not help, and the folder is saved as "third_age_3" as it came if that helps. Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you.
    Well, I don't use Steam myself for this game, so it's a bit hard for me to "fix this". However, "the folder is saved as "third_age_3" as it came" is not looking promising. Frankly it makes me doubt you read the install instructions (carefully). I'm pretty sure that the MOS rar game file(s) must be extracted in the "mods" folder and overwrite existing files when asked, regardless if you are using the disk or the Steam version. Also the game folder should not be called "third_age_3", but "Third_Age_3".

Quote Originally Posted by euskingc View Post
    As a working alternative in the meantime, you could simply try reducing their unit costs in the EDU, or increase their king's purse.

As for the reason for my visit here... I've come to beg, nay, to plead. I absolutely love the 2d faction buttons from MOS, and I was wondering if there were some chance I could obtain permission to use them in my own mod. Rest assured if the answer is no I don't hold it against anyone.
    I can't give you permission to use those, as I do not know who made them. AFAIK this is something from far before I joined the MOS team. Perhaps somebody comes along who does know though.
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 08, 2017 at 02:47 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by euskingc View Post
    You may be in luck
    They're from Small Projects mods, another project by Hero of the West, MOS' founder.
    It's link is down, but as its meant as an open resource, you thus can lift the symbols from MOS' files to your own project. Just remember:
    These symbols are made by Master Necromancer and Cedric37, so be sure to honour them.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mall%20project

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

That is absolutely phenomenal. Thank you Ngugi =)

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Also the game folder should not be called "third_age_3", but "Third_Age_3".
    Well, it doesn`t actually matter if it`s an upper or lower case, since the game/batch file is not upper/lower case sensitive.

As long as it`s the right/correct letter written/used, the game will launch.

You can check it for yourself , rename your Third_Age_3 folder to third_age_3, and launch the .bat file.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Well, it doesn`t actually matter if it`s an upper or lower case, since the game/batch file is not upper/lower case sensitive.

As long as it`s the right/correct letter written/used, the game will launch.

You can check it for yourself , rename your Third_Age_3 folder to third_age_3, and launch the .bat file.
    Obviously didn't know that, but now I do. No need to try this, on these things I will take your word for it any time.

Hello Folks!! It has been months since i visited the TW center (due to some changes happening to my life), and i decided to give o look on what is going on and i am so happy to see that MOS has tenatively resumed, my top favourite mod along with DAC. So, do you guys have any plans or like "ideas" of what you want to implement in 1.8 when in the far future comes out?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Hi all I'm looking for help,
    I'm trying to retrain AOR troops using the Gondor Fief barracks, which works fine in the AOR regions but not anywhere else. I am using AOR mercenarys [with hidden_resource *] and don't want to make them available everywhere, just re-trainable everywhere. It works if I remove the hidden_resource, but that's not what I'm after. I'm using the code below [abbreviated] which is simply a mirror of the original code - removed hidden_resource minas_tirith to make barracks build-able anywhere, changed replenish times etc. The only difference is the original code had hidden_resource minas_tirith in the recruit pool line eg:
    * blah blah requires factions { sicily, } and hidden_resource minas_tirith.

I tried 'hidden_resource roads' since that already existed, but that didn't seem to do anything. I did try a map.rwm delete but nothing changed, unable to retrain Blackroot Archers Mercs in Ithlien regions etc ... I also tried adding ex: Blackroot Archers Mercs to the Ithilien mercenary pool, but still no love

Any help or suggestions welcomed * I haven't tried a new game yet as I am in too deep and don't want to if I can find another way.

FIEF BARRACKS:

gondor_fief_barracks requires factions { sicily, }
    {
    capability
    {
    ; Mercenarys Gondor
    recruit_pool "Swan Knights Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Dol_Amroth_Knights_Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "gondor guardsmen" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "gondor light swordsmen Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Gondor Infantry Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Axemen of Lossarnach Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Marines Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "pinnath spearmen" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Ithilien Rangers Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Blackroot Archers Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    ; Mercenarys Allies
    recruit_pool "rohan rider Mercs" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }

descr_mercenarys:

pool Ithilien
    regions South-Ithilien_Province Ithilien_Province Barad-Harn_Province Amon-Eithel_Province Anduin-Straits_Province Southharondor_Province Harondor_Province
    unit merc cog, exp 0 cost 900 replenish 0.02 - 0.10 max 1 initial 0
    unit Mordor Orcs Invasion exp 0 cost 270 replenish 0.2 - 0.3 max 3 initial 3 religions { catholic } crusading
    unit Mordor Archers Invasion exp 0 cost 250 replenish 0.1 - 0.2 max 2 initial 2 religions { catholic } crusading
    unit pinnath spearmen exp 0 cost 400 replenish 0.15 - 0.20 max 2 initial 1 religions { islam }
    unit Ithilien Rangers Mercs exp 0 cost 600 replenish 0.10 - 0.20 max 1 initial 1 religions { islam }
    ; Gondor Mercs Add units for FIEF BARRACKS
    unit Blackroot Archers Mercs, exp 0 cost 0 replenish 0.15 - 0.20 max 0.999 initial 0 religions { islam }

You will have to add a recruitment (retrain) line in each level of barracks you want them to be retrained at (in). Another option would be to add the fiefdom barracks to select settlements (Pelargir, Dol Amroth, etc.).
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 12, 2017 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks Mike,

Using 'Blackroot Archers Mercs' as example, I've already added to both bowyer [all levels city/castle] and FIEF barracks [can now build anywhere] . The only difference being the hidden_resource for the initial recruit code as I wanted to keep them AOR - see below. Do you know if perhaps it's the way the code is parsed? 1 needs to be before the other, or the inclusions need to be placed at the bottom of the bowyers script block rather than the top as I've done? The reason I'm doing this is so that when I get to Umbar etc I can use the White Mountain troops to conquer & garrison otherwise they seem a bit of a waste, also to keep a sense of revenge for all the years spent defending Gondor from the south.

Anyway any suggestions appreciated and thanks again Mike for responding.

bowyer castle requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, spain, venice, england, france, hre, portugal, egypt, mongols, saxons, moors, dunland, }
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    ;-------------------------------------------- UNITE THE CLANS! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    recruit_pool "Variag Archer Militia" 1 0.15 2 0 requires factions { venice, } and hidden_resource hr_2 and hidden_resource hr_d and event_counter upper_khand 1
    ;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;----------------------------BOWYER CASTLE MERCENARYS------
    ;----------------------------------------------------------

recruit_pool "Blackroot Archers Mercs" 1 0.46 2 1 requires factions { sicily, } and hidden_resource hr_1 and hidden_resource hr_e and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruit_pool "Ithilien Rangers Mercs" 1 0.33 2 1 requires factions { sicily, } and hidden_resource ithilien and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruit_pool "Elf Archer3 Mercs" 1 0.33 0.999 9 requires factions { sicily, } and hidden_resource ea3_mercs and event_counter is_the_ai 1
    ; FIEF BOWYER CASTLE TROOPS
    recruit_pool "dol amroth marines" 0 0.45 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Blackroot Archers Mercs" 0 0.46 0.999 0 requires factions { sicily, }

*The FIEF lines above I am using in the FIEF barracks as well as the various recruit buildings, and the above is just to test [failed] if I can retrain Blackroot Mercs in Tir Ethraid although I already have the FIEF Barracks built and well ... failed.

Default Arnor, MOS and stuff

Hi
    Im totally new here and im not very good at English and i have a problem... so:
    Im playing Tatw with MOS 1.7 (with all inclusive patch and without Hotfix but i think that this patch includes Hotfix too). Im playing eriador and when i was trying to restore arnor i spotted there is something wrong coz on every thread i read on this and other sites they told that i need to conquer settlements like coldfells and archet etc. When i came back to game i realised that i do not Have coldfels (there was morva tarth instead) and i do not Have archet.
    I Will be very grateful When somebody answer me and explain whats going on.
    Maybe i didint installed some patches or stuff?

Default Re: Arnor, MOS and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by F.R.I.K View Post
    Hi
    Im totally new here and im not very good at English and i have a problem... so:
    Im playing Tatw with MOS 1.7 (with all inclusive patch and without Hotfix but i think that this patch includes Hotfix too). Im playing eriador and when i was trying to restore arnor i spotted there is something wrong coz on every thread i read on this and other sites they told that i need to conquer settlements like coldfells and archet etc. When i came back to game i realised that i do not Have coldfels (there was morva tarth instead) and i do not Have archet.
    I Will be very grateful When somebody answer me and explain whats going on.
    Maybe i didint installed some patches or stuff?
    Welcome to the forums, it sounds like some of the export_ancillaries.txt file was not updated with the map changes made in 1.7. When time permits I will see what is needed to reform Arnor and post back here.