Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253545556575873 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Awesome, I thought my game was bugged or something. Glad to know i can stop worrying about it. Now to figure out the arrow thing.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    Is there an all inclusive ancillary list for 1.7 somewhere? My search skills are rather lackluster but I'm very tired of swimming through oceans of orc blood with Boromir only to have him keep getting spammed with biographer, inventor, etc when all I want are war trophies! I'd love to be able to simply remove those lame ancillaries without having to shuffle them around between generals.

Edit: I mean the actual script names of the ancillaries. It's been years since I've done it, but the console command is remove_this Ancillary Character correct?
    The proper console command would be "remove_ancillary this [name of ancillary]".

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    The proper console command would be "remove_ancillary this [name of ancillary]".
    "remove_ancillary this (name of ancillary) (name of character)" correct?

"remove_ancillary this (name of ancillary) (name of character)" correct?
    No, "this" is actually the name of the character, and you can either select the general/diplomat/spy/etc and use this or use the name of the person. So it's "remove_ancillary + this or (name of character) + (name of ancillary) " without the plus signal

Also, I will take the oportunity to congratulate the creators of this wonderfull mod that gave me so many hours of fun, and ask news about the "Development of MOS has tentatively resumed."

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Yes I also would like to know what is the MOS team
    olanning for the future and do they have a timetable?

Quote Originally Posted by leugimimi View Post
    No, "this" is actually the name of the character, and you can either select the general/diplomat/spy/etc and use this or use the name of the person. So it's "remove_ancillary + this or (name of character) + (name of ancillary) " without the plus signal

Also, I will take the oportunity to congratulate the creators of this wonderfull mod that gave me so many hours of fun, and ask news about the "Development of MOS has tentatively resumed."
    Now that you bring it up, I remember it never working properly just from clicking, I always had to use the name in the command.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by leugimimi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Yes I also would like to know what is the MOS team
    olanning for the future and do they have a timetable?
    they are working to get the RK script in in 1.8
    that is all we know at the moment
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    they are working to get the RK script in in 1.8
    that is all we know at the moment
    what is RK scrip?

what is RK scrip?
    Reunited Kingdom. It's a submod for MOS 1.6 that allows you to merge Gondor and Arnor into one faction.
    Last edited by b2ector; June 24, 2017 at 11:21 PM.

Ah ok thanks

It would be nice It elves dwarves and orcs had custom settlements for their villages, town, cities and castles and you fight there the settlements are not generic vanilla settlements

It would be nice It elves dwarves and orcs had custom settlements for their villages, town, cities and castles and you fight there the settlements are not generic vanilla settlements
    Which version of the game are you playing? I'm on my first playthrough of 1.7 so I can't speak for it too much, but 1.6/RK had quite a few custom settlements. Orcs had encampments, elves had wooded villages and dwarves had pretty cool stone walls and stuff. I'm currently playing Gondor in 1.7 and their settlements are fairly vanilla, excluding the more notorious settlements (Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, etc.)

1.7 I was attacking still rebel stone building I believe it might be dwarfs culture but when I enter the battle it was just a vanilla village

1.7 I was attacking still rebel stone building I believe it might be dwarfs culture but when I enter the battle it was just a vanilla village
    RK had the cool settlements in the actual battle map, not just the campaign map. Hopefully those settlements will be included in 1.8 if they're working on adding RK to MOS.

Tiro

Is there an all inclusive ancillary list for 1.7 somewhere? My search skills are rather lackluster but I'm very tired of swimming through oceans of orc blood with Boromir only to have him keep getting spammed with biographer, inventor, etc when all I want are war trophies! I'd love to be able to simply remove those lame ancillaries without having to shuffle them around between generals.

Edit: I mean the actual script names of the ancillaries. It's been years since I've done it, but the console command is remove_this Ancillary Character correct?
    Hello,

As someone else explained you the command is:

remove_ancillary this ancillaryname

, with the agent/FM/general targeted/selected and outside any city ( this is for the part "this" to work sustituing any name, dunno if you add the right name ( a pain in the arse if you ask me) you could have the agent/FM/general inside a city and even without he/she been targeted). Be sure the FM/general is stack commander , i mean if there are more than one FM/generals in the stack, the one you want to remove ancillary must be in command, this is also for the part "this" sustituing FM/general name to work too. So detach him if hes not in command ( leaving him alone should work )

The ancillaryname part you can search if you open ....Medieval II Total War TATW\mods\Third_Age_3\data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt file and search for the "offending" ancillary, keep in mind the names you see in game could be different from the "internal" name. For instance youll see in game "evil mother in law" ( i havent any in my ancillaries, not sure if thats the name you see in game) , or "evil mother-in-law" something like that and the name to add to the command remove_ancillary is evil_mother-in-law. So it would be something like: remove_ancillary this evil_mother-in-law ( with the FM member targeted, outside a city and in command of the stack ( or alone)) to get ride of her.

Warning, while searching for ancillary names in export_descr_ancillaries.txt be sure to not to "touch" anything and above all do NOT save the file. It would be better you copy that file somewhere you know where it is and edit/open that copy of the file.

I hope this helps, regards:

melvidh

Tiro

Disregad this post. I misread the script question and i thougth i was asked if i wanted to play to reemerge Arnor during the campaign, but i was asked if i wanted to have Arnor since the begining.... sorry about that. It seems like that part of the script is working as i had Arnor from turn 1 ( and then b2ector is right and i only needed to run the FAR.bat)

Hello,

I am starting a new campaign with MOS 1.7. Last i played was something like 1.6.2 back in 2014. I have a problem. I think i installed everything right, i mean i had a "clean" copy of TATW 3.2 and i dowloaded the 1.7 full file and the inclusive patch 01-04 ( i want to add the enhanced_MOS_v1.70_Sub-Mod, and it tells me not to add the 05 hotfix) , extracted the files and overwrited old files in my Third_Age_3 directory. I have a retail gold spanish version CDs of MTW 2, installed outside program files , ( even in another HD , E:\Medieval II Total War TATW\mods\Third_Age_3). Using win 7 64 bits. TATW 3.2 alone worked fine.
    When i try to start a new campaign doesnt matter what faction i pick up, even FPoE. In first turn i have all those pop up screens asking me to use this and that script parts. When i am asked about arnor reemergence if i clck yes in that same moment i see the icon of "arnor reunited" pop up going down by the left side of my screen, when i finish all script pop ups that one opens and voila! i have Arnor since turn one. Next turns i see the armies of arnor have changed colour/banner. Any clue what i am doing wrong? Could it be the "clean" TATW 3.2 directory i used wasnt that "clean"?
    Regards:

melvidh
    Last edited by melvidh; June 25, 2017 at 06:13 AM. Reason: I am dumb

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

The ancillaryname part you can search if you open ....Medieval II Total War TATW\mods\Third_Age_3\data\export_descr_ancillaries.txt file and search for the "offending" ancillary, keep in mind the names you see in game could be different from the "internal" name.
    Warning, while searching for ancillary names in export_descr_ancillaries.txt be sure to not to "touch" anything and above all do NOT save the file. It would be better you copy that file somewhere you know where it is and edit/open that copy of the file.

I hope this helps, regards:

melvidh
    Do I need to unpack the files first?

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    When i try to start a new campaign doesnt matter what faction i pick up, even FPoE. In first turn i have all those pop up screens asking me to use this and that script parts. When i am asked about arnor reemergence if i clck yes in that same moment i see the icon of "arnor reunited" pop up going down by the left side of my screen, when i finish all script pop ups that one opens and voila! i have Arnor since turn one. Next turns i see the armies of arnor have changed colour/banner. Any clue what i am doing wrong? Could it be the "clean" TATW 3.2 directory i used wasnt that "clean"?
    Regards:

melvidh
    There should be a launcher in your files that changes the banners and appearance between Free Peoples and Arnor. It should be called FAR Launcher and should be located near the .bat file used to launch the game.

Tiro

Do I need to unpack the files first?
    erhh what? how? who??........I told you to "open", "edit".. call it whatever a .txt file of your installed game. You dont need to unpack anything

There should be a launcher in your files that changes the banners and appearance between Free Peoples and Arnor. It should be called FAR Launcher and should be located near the .bat file used to launch the game.
    I know, i know, i have "reunited" arnor in a hotseat campaign in mos 1.6.2. Issue is that you should use those .bat files once you, playing as FPoE, have met the requeriments and you reunite Arnor kingdom, problem in my install is that playing whatever faction Arnor kingdom reemerge in turn 1.. and i guess thats not "working as intended"

Regards:

melvidh

PD: I am going atm through the process of making a new full TATW 3.2 install on a ( i hope this time "clean" for sure) MTW2 1.05, with taking ownership of directories, deleting virstual machine stuff.. etc, etc. To try to install again MOS 1.7 to see what happens.

RK had the cool settlements in the actual battle map, not just the campaign map. Hopefully those settlements will be included in 1.8 if they're working on adding RK to MOS.
    That will be awesome if they did add that feature