Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849505152535469 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by klawlor93 View Post
    Never doing that again... i had to reinstall windows just to get the damn file off my laptop.. can i skip MoS and just get DaC?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by klawlor93 View Post
    also the links here to download DaC say that hey have been deleted on Mod DB im hesitant to go anywhere else because of my last problem and cant seem to find any other links on twc. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    If you are going to install/play DaC post any future questions about that in the DaC subforum please.
    It's a bit annoying having to repeat myself. This is the MOS thread, not the DaC forum. Use the link in my quote to go to the DaC forum, there you will find the "DaC - Installation and Download" thread with working links and that forum is to place discuss DaC.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Laetus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

your link didn't work last time... i tried trust me thank you

Hi,

Hoping for a little help - I have MOS 1.7 - When ever I fight a battle with a hero on the opposing side, the game CTD's after a short while 100% of the time. Otherwise all is fine with no issues at all- Thankyou in advance

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hillwilliam View Post
    So I did do some testing, and it's pretty weird.
    -If the settlement has no governor, the unrest goes away completely. This isn't turn-based; the unrest changes based on if a general is in the settlement or not.
    -I evacuated Scarn, it revolted, I reconquered and exterminated. I used the add_population cheat to go back to the original population, and the unrest was completely gone then also.

Honestly though, I just tweaked the values in descr_region so they're back to 100%. Started a new game and everything seems to be how it should be.
    What the...
    Glad to hear the problem sort of sorted itself out though and sorry we're not able to help.
    Fixing the descr_region should be part of the next release, but everything is pretty much on hold again concerning 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaffle View Post
    Hi,

Hoping for a little help - I have MOS 1.7 - When ever I fight a battle with a hero on the opposing side, the game CTD's after a short while 100% of the time. Otherwise all is fine with no issues at all- Thankyou in advance
    Have you tested this with multiple heroes? And what exactly do you mean with heroes? Custom general models or specific ones?
    There are a lot of people experiencing crashes like the one you describe with spiders and similar creatures (ents, mumakil, etc.), so that's why I'm asking. Never heard of a single one with specific general models though...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Just popping in to affirm that this is one of the greatest submods of all time.

Hm. I've been also having problems with CTDs, and I believe that either culprit or at least significant contributor is combination of stakes and some special units (ents, trolls, mumakils, heroes) on battlefield.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Just popping in to affirm that this is one of the greatest submods of all time.
    That is always appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Hm. I've been also having problems with CTDs, and I believe that either culprit or at least significant contributor is combination of stakes and some special units (ents, trolls, mumakils, heroes) on battlefield.
    It's a rather well known problem with the Ents, spiders, trolls and mûmakil etc. A lot of people, me fortunately included, don't suffer from it. By now almost as large a number of people do, however. If what you and Yaffle say is true, at least for some people heroes are now affected too, which would make the problem even worse. Let's hope it's not the case.
    Veteraan made an entire thread on the issue, but this far the only solution that is guaranteed to work, is just removing the units from your game
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wolves-crashes
    Last edited by Greymane; May 06, 2017 at 08:41 AM.

I don't know anything about the heroes so no clue why they would CTD, would need a crash log with trace enabled to see the cause (I don't have this mod to check myself). The stakes being bugged is possible, I have read of bugs with stakes before in M2TW, I don't recall anything specific though. I think a old version of G5's BAI had a stakes bug, the fix should be in this mod though since the first post says it uses version 5.7.

The other units cause CTD's in all mods/submods depending on your operating system among other things, only a few factors of which I even know of (size of single CPU thread is a factor and something vista/8+ do with this I am guessing). It could be something as simple as you guys with vista/8+ not turning UAC off all the way. TRY THIS, I did this to my wife's laptop, it will not harm anything and can easily be undone and is the only way to actually disable UAC (not just have windows tell you it did without actually doing it, stoopid vista/8+). This alone will not fix the issue though, the timers for the BAI need to be redone even on windows 7 to not experience CTDs, for me at least. The BAI in this mod may use file switchers in the beginning of battles as well, that might be getting blocked by UAC if you haven't disabled it at all (setting it to Never Notify in control panel).
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 07, 2017 at 06:24 AM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Hi guys first of all thanks for this great work, secondly i have a kind of texture bug with the royal kinsmen, they doesn't have face, I've installed third age and MOS 1.7 many times but a can't figure how to solve this bug can you help me?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee_24 View Post
    Hi guys first of all thanks for this great work, secondly i have a kind of texture bug with the royal kinsmen, they doesn't have face, I've installed third age and MOS 1.7 many times but a can't figure how to solve this bug can you help me?
    fixed in the next version IIRC
    [if it ever releases that is]
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by hillwilliam View Post
    Ok, I figured it out. In the descr_region file, Scarn, Neburkha, and Burh Sagath (so far) all have religion values greater than a hundred.

Code:
    South-Logathavuld_Province
        South-Logathavuld
        venice
        Rhun_Rebels
        131 114 108
        mountains, roads, big_city, towers, no_brigands, expand_settlement
        religions { catholic 63 orthodox 0 dwarves 39 northmen 38 heretic 0 islam 0 }

Celduin-Far-East_Province
        Celduin-Far-East
        scotland
        Human_Rebels
        167 207 122
        grasland, no_brigands, roads, big_city, towers, dale_rivers, no_pirates, coast, expand_settlement
        religions { catholic 37 orthodox 8 dwarves 0 northmen 61 heretic 4 islam 0 }

North-Khand_Province
        North-Khand
        venice
        Variag_Rebels
        200 242 226
        desert, no_brigands, roads, big_city, towers, expand_settlement, hr_2, hr_d
        religions { catholic 95 orthodox 0 dwarves 4 northmen 3 heretic 6 islam 0 }
    So instead of using 100% culture as the max, it uses whatever values each of those adds up to. I'm not sure why that causes huge unrest values, though.
    Will take a look at this Thanks

Also, I searched through the thread, but couldn't find anything. After I use the FAR launcher, the game suffers severe slowdown, both with turn times and movement of units across the map (Choppy, slow, etc). I'm, uh, somehow able to fix it with a combination of running Cleaner.bat and restarting my computer, but it only works intermittently and I have to do it all over again every time I use the FAR launcher. Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    fixed in the next version IIRC
    [if it ever releases that is]
    so there is no way to fix it while the next version is released?

I have this really annoying issue with MOS which didnt happen before i reinstalled it. Whenever i load up a campaign i dont get those optional scripts i used to love with MOS. It seems like the game cant run any of the scripts which is kinda weird and annoying. First of all i have tried every general fix i can think of (running cleaner, deleting files, re installing everything etc.) and nothing seems to work. I have tried to install a few different ways to see if it had any effect, but it didnt. If you have any advice on what i can do next i would love some help! Also i have seen some other people having the same issue, but none of the forums had any answers...

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee_24 View Post
    so there is no way to fix it while the next version is released?
    not without a good amount of modeling knowledge
    which I dont have
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    not without a good amount of modeling knowledge
    which I dont have
    well thanks for everything
    I really hope for a MOS 1.8 or something new because this is my favorite sub-mod and its amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Odinson View Post
    I have this really annoying issue with MOS which didnt happen before i reinstalled it. Whenever i load up a campaign i dont get those optional scripts i used to love with MOS. It seems like the game cant run any of the scripts which is kinda weird and annoying. First of all i have tried every general fix i can think of (running cleaner, deleting files, re installing everything etc.) and nothing seems to work. I have tried to install a few different ways to see if it had any effect, but it didnt. If you have any advice on what i can do next i would love some help! Also i have seen some other people having the same issue, but none of the forums had any answers...
    I'm no expert nor mod member, but from my experience if you don't get those optional scripts it's because there's a problem with the imperial_campaign.txt file, maybe yours is corrupted. Ask someone to uploaded to you and just paste it in data/world/maps/campaign folder. If this is the case, that would solve the problem. Sorry, but I don't have my laptop with me know, so I cannot upload it myself.

Edit: you said you reinstall the mod? That should have worked try anyway
    Last edited by aetiusaetius; May 15, 2017 at 04:49 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Odinson View Post
    If you have Windows Vista/7/8, did you clean out the Virtual Store?
    (see spoiler box 1, step 3)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Two quick questions:

I want to slow down the One Ring script a bit. How? My attempt caused game CTDing at supposed ring's spawn time.

What do I need to build in both Osgiliath settlements to rebuild Osgiliath?

To rebuild Osgiliath you just have to get enough population for the expand settlement upgrade, then upgrade and it would be rebuilt. You do this for each West and East Osgiliath, so you don't have to rebuild them at the same time. It will take you a while until you reach enough population. After building the upgrade you will see the nice rebuilt city model on the map